• The KillerFrogs

2018-19 Basketball Season Thread

Dogfrog

If I was a Longhorn fan this would be super embarrassing to me. UT allowing the Hollywood team mascot to direct players on the bench? UT version of “Shooter” in Hoosiers? Let’s help this troubled guy by making him an assistant coach? Who is in control down there?

Froginbedford

If I was a Longhorn fan this would be super embarrassing to me. UT allowing the Hollywood team mascot to direct players on the bench? UT version of “Shooter” in Hoosiers? Let’s help this troubled guy by making him an assistant coach? Who is in control down there?

I think his name was DelConte? And doesn't he have an orange jacket, too?

Eight

link to the current big 12 standings

http://www.big12sports.com/standings/Standings.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=10410

4 teams tied for 1st with records of 4-2

baylor is 5th at 3-2, texas is 6th at 3-3, frogs are 7th at 2-3, ou and osu tied for 8th at 2-4 and wvu last at 1-5

i don't think there is one great team coming out of the b12 this year and i am worried that we are going to see a number of teams end up around the .500 market in conference play at seasons end.

long way to go on this thing, but frogs can't let another chance for a rode win slip away like what happened at norman and they need to defend the home court

TooColdU

#24 Iowa State @ #9 Kansas.

Cyclones leading by 5 with 2 minutes left in the 1st half

Baylor up 12 @ West Virginia with 3 minutes left in 1st half.

4th. down

Baylor catching their 2nd. wind - hammering WV @ WV.

Everyone is going to beat each other. Can we make NCAA @ 9-9? I think so but we need to retool and get some chemistry going. Samuel, Bane, Alex, Miller, and Lat starting with 1st. sub of Noi, then Davis and Barlow when Samuel fouls out. Time to get off the 2 point guard offense - Davis making way too many mistakes. Need 4 scorers on the floor at all times. We cannot have Nembhard, Davis, and Barlow in the game at the same time - they cannot score.

Purp

Baylor catching their 2nd. wind - hammering WV @ WV.

Everyone is going to beat each other. Can we make NCAA @ 9-9? I think so but we need to retool and get some chemistry going. Samuel, Bane, Alex, Miller, and Lat starting with 1st. sub of Noi, then Davis and Barlow when Samuel fouls out. Time to get off the 2 point guard offense - Davis making way too many mistakes. Need 4 scorers on the floor at all times. We cannot have Nembhard, Davis, and Barlow in the game at the same time - they cannot score.
Based on one game for Barlow against maybe the best defense in the nation? I'll wait a few more games before drawing preliminary conclusions.

Moose Stuff

Baylor lost their best player and got better apparently. Wed is pretty much must win for us at this point. Basically every home game is I guess.

Purp

Just saying they’re 4-2 in conference and have 3 impressive wins (@ OSU, Tech and @WV) since Clark went down.
I think the only impressive win of those 3 for me is against Tech. Pokes are down this year and WVU is clearly not who we expect them to be. Tech has maybe the best defense in the country (EMAW may have something to say about that), but their offense is really awful. The Tech basketball team is like the TCU football team this year. They can win against anybody they play this year b/c their defense will give them a chance. Conversely, their offense will give them a chance to lose every game they play as well. I'll give Baylor that quality win, but it's not going to surprise me to see TT lose a couple more games this season that we'd expect them to win. Their offense is that bad.

I wouldn't put much stock in Baylor's conference record just yet. I see them being well behind Kansas, EMAW, ISU (even though Baylor beat them), and OU. Then I think they're behind Tech (in spite of that home win against them), us, and Texas too. They've only got 2 games left that I'd expect them to win and I figure they'll probably also get a couple other Ws down the stretch b/c the conference is just that unpredictable this year. If they manage to get 6 more wins they may end up being a tourney team b/c they'll have at least 4 more quality wins over tourney teams and 2 of those probably over ranked teams on top of their already impressive wins over Tech and ISU. I think that's a long shot for them, though.