• The KillerFrogs

2018-19 Basketball Season Thread

Purp

Another interesting nugget. That’s a pretty damn serious concussion

Damn. If the concussion is that serious I doubt any program would accept him transferring in on scholarship. Surely there's even more to the story that we don't yet know, but it sounds like he won't be playing this year. That means we've got to get some quick productivity from Lat.

Eight

Damn. If the concussion is that serious I doubt any program would accept him transferring in on scholarship. Surely there's even more to the story that we don't yet know, but it sounds like he won't be playing this year. That means we've got to get some quick productivity from Lat.

agree there were the stories about a back injury, then the concussion, then the transfer, now he really isn't transferring he is trying to get well.

realize they don't have to roll out the players medical history, but it would appear the frogs have 2 bigs in kevin and jd with a possible 3rd in lat.

tough road to how in this conference with that little depth and size underneath

Volare

Pretty soon if someone fouls out we will only have 4 left to play. Is that legal?

Season over. When does baseball start?

satis1103

DAOTONPYH EHT LIAH LLA
Pretty soon if someone fouls out we will only have 4 left to play. Is that legal?

Season over. When does baseball start?
Make sure to tell the guys that you determined the season is over, or else they may keep playing meaningless games!

tcumaniac

I tend to agree with this, but RJ has been making some nice strides recently and I think we may be able to ride him to a better record than .500 if his trajectory continues. We absolutely can't have any other injuries, though. We're getting very thin. Kaden could have had a lot more playing time this spring if he'd stuck around.
RJ had a surprisingly decent game against KU, but other than that, he has been absolutely horrendous.

Farmfrog

This is very discouraging news but I feel most thought he wasn’t going to be able to play consistently the rest of the season. This is a bad blow for the team and definitely will make winning harder.

I just hope that with rest, and if surgery is needed it’s done soon, he can be a factor in his senior year. He deserves something good to happen for him. Hoping for a speedy and complete recovery.

Farmfrog

RJ had a surprisingly decent game against KU, but other than that, he has been absolutely horrendous.

Have you told Jamie how bad RJ is? Maybe he can get him to transfer since he’s been determined to be horrendous. Hope we can get someone really less horrendous with his scholarship.

Purp

We're watching different games of a different RJ. He's shown steady progress for several weeks. He's making more shots, effective on the defensive end, and turning the ball over less. His performance in Norman wasn't as good as Lawrence, but not by much. He's making some big shots at big moments and also making some key free throws at critical times. You seem to have a problem with emotions preventing you from observing things objectively. This is another one.

Eight

We're watching different games of a different RJ. He's shown steady progress for several weeks. He's making more shots, effective on the defensive end, and turning the ball over less. His performance in Norman wasn't as good as Lawrence, but not by much. He's making some big shots at big moments and also making some key free throws at critical times. You seem to have a problem with emotions preventing you from observing things objectively. This is another one.

i don't agree with maniac on rj's being terrible for the year, but there is no way his game in norman is even close to the line he posted in lawrence and i think it isn't being harsh to say the line wasn't good at all.

in lawrence rj was 3-6 from the field, 3-6 from behind the arc, 5-6 from the free throw line, 4 rebs, an assist, a block, and 3 to's. don't know the +/- but 14 points for his season high

in norma rj was 1-8 from the field, 0-3 behind the arc, no free throws, 1 reb, 1 turnover and in no book is 2 points close to the same as 14 points.

unfortunately, it is not uncommon to see up and down efforts by younger players. it gets magnified more when bane has the game he had and after a solid start alex struggles, and the interior guys shoot 5-20.

flyfishingfrog

while I don't agree with Maniac - I do think he has been getting better in the last 5 games or so but it has been slow in coming and Norman was a big step backwards. He obviously was not alone in having a bad game against OU.

He has been the in program a long time to still be having some of the problems he is - but maybe he can get back on track against WVU. However, he needs to make some big steps pretty quickly if he is going to live up to the original expectations and help fill in the holes we have in the program this year with the injuries and lack of other depth.