• The KillerFrogs

2018-19 Basketball Season Thread

Rose Bowl

We just need everyone back from sickness and stay healthy for the rest of the season. We need our best players to be our best players and the role players need to step up. Alex, Des and Noi have to give us points and JD, Kevin, RJ, Lat and
KD need to make a difference. I wonder how much the staff will force feed Barlow minutes to get him accustomed to the speed of the game.

4th. down

We just need everyone back from sickness and stay healthy for the rest of the season. We need our best players to be our best players and the role players need to step up. Alex, Des and Noi have to give us points and JD, Kevin, RJ, Lat and
KD need to make a difference. I wonder how much the staff will force feed Barlow minutes to get him accustomed to the speed of the game.

I'm not confident anymore about winning our home games. It's not about losing so much, it's the way we are losing. No toughness, no fight, no determination. Such a drastic change since Fisher left. So, why not give Barlow more minutes, we will certainly need him next year. Hopefully Jamie plays him in the paint.

MTfrog5

Tech wins by 31 by committing 29 fouls and 21 turnovers. WVU unfortunately committed 26 turnovers and was 9-39 from the field. If they didn’t make 29-41 free throws they could have lost by 50

MAcFroggy

The best thing we currently have going for us in terms of the NCAA tournament qualification is the fact that we have no bad losses. We are 1-5 in quadrant-1 games, and 5-1 in quadrant-2 games. Even the one Q2 loss is to Lipscomb who has a net rating of 32 and nearly qualifies as a quadrant 1 game. Based on how the big 12 teams currently rank and the home/road splits we have left, the only game that could even qualify as a "bad" loss (Q3 or Q4) is tomorrow against Oklahoma State. They rank 82 in the net rating, so that qualifies as a quadrant 3 game. We absolutely can not lose tomorrow. It would definitely be a big negative on our resume (especially with the lack of Q1 wins.

I think we will be able to stack a few more Q2 wins and hopefully a Q1 win or two, but we really need to avoid the bad loss tomorrow.

Summary:
Quadrant 1
Home:1-30 Neutral:1-50 Away:1-75
overall 1-5 non-conference 0-0
Quadrant 2
H:31-75 N:51-100 A:76-135
overall 4-1 non-conference 3-1
Quadrant 3
H:76-160 N:101-200 A:136-240
overall 5-0 non-conference 4-0
Quadrant 4
H:161-353 N:201-353 A:241-353
overall 5-0 non-conference 5-0

Portland Frog

I just saw an ad on ESPN promoting the Milwaukee Bucks game. It said, “Fear the Deer.”

Hmmm. I wonder who coined this phrase first. The frogs’ band has used it for a while with their deer “mascot.”

TooColdU

I just saw an ad on ESPN promoting the Milwaukee Bucks game. It said, “Fear the Deer.”

Hmmm. I wonder who coined this phrase first. The frogs’ band has used it for a while with their deer “mascot.”

Milwaukee has been using it since 2010. I’m not sure when the band started it.

Pharm Frog

Two observations from this evening:

1) Very doubtful that KU extends its conference championship streak now.
2) Duke may beat our doors off on the court but we would freakin' crush them in an off-the-court in match-up between our Showgirls and that AKC-sponsored dance group they run out there. Same thing for that KSU dance squad. Woof woof.

Moose Stuff

Monday just became a lot more winnable. Have to take advantage of that

Yeah, we gotta find a way to beat them. Looking at the rest of the schedule it ain’t real easy to find a game where you can say “yep, where winning that one”. Need to take advantage of whatever we can get.