• The KillerFrogs

2018-19 Basketball Season Thread

PO Frog

Shouldn’t have been a call at all. Defender fell backwards before any contact and it was desperation from offense that should not have been rewarded.

Purp

Damn! I was afraid this would be the case but have been holding out hope.

At this point I'll consider the season a success if we can finish .500 in conference play. It's just not the same team without Fisher.
I tend to agree with this, but RJ has been making some nice strides recently and I think we may be able to ride him to a better record than .500 if his trajectory continues. We absolutely can't have any other injuries, though. We're getting very thin. Kaden could have had a lot more playing time this spring if he'd stuck around.

MTfrog5

asked the question before and will ask again, with the 1 or 2 scholarships open do you recruit for this position knowing alex graduates and you are left with a number of question marks at the guard positions
I know one of our commits is a PG, but yes I wouldn’t be surprised if we go after another guard or try to get a grad transfer guard

CountryFrog

I tend to agree with this, but RJ has been making some nice strides recently and I think we may be able to ride him to a better record than .500 if his trajectory continues. We absolutely can't have any other injuries, though. We're getting very thin. Kaden could have had a lot more playing time this spring if he'd stuck around.
Yea, I'm not ruling anything out (and of course other teams in the conference will be dealing with injuries as well) but without either a jump in production from a player like RJ or Lat or Noi/Bane having monster nights consistently then this is going to be a fairly limited offensive attack. It's also going to be very difficult to expect Robinson to give a lot of ball pressure on the defensive end since we can't afford to have him in foul trouble plus he'll be playing 35+ minutes every night.