• The KillerFrogs

2017 TCU Football Season Ticket Renewals

TRF51

James Penny said:
ATO,

Thanks as always for the prompt response. You're a fantastic ambassador for the ticket office and university.

I know this SEZ talk doesn't mean anything until the re-seating process is done. And I sure hope it doesn't displace existing ticket holders in the SEZ. But for those of us who sit there now to even have the possibility of losing our seats somewhere in the SEZ... This seems like an unfair policy.

Considering we've sat there for years, this feels no different than telling someone in section 201 that their seats will be taken away and put up for open selection again based on priority points, and hopefully they have enough priority points to keep them.

I sit in the EZ because of my relatively low priority points, and I understand that others have earned the right to choose seats before me. But we already did this when the stadium was redone. So it feels unfair to those of us already sitting in the SEZ to potentially be kicked out.

I know you guys have tough decisions to make... Thanks for listening.

Go Frogs!
Many of us are in this situation. Having to pay before you know where you will be sitting is what I am having such a hard time with. If we get booted out after 4 -5 years to go sit in the nose bleeds is not going to fly very well. If this is the case and we are not allowed a refund I think many of us will be out after this year. Watching on TV is not a bad option.

Volare

Yeah I don't understand why we are going to reseat this one specific area of the stadium. Seems like folks who already have season tickets there should be able to keep them. I would imagine that no more than 1/3 to 1/2 of the tickets in the SEZ are season tickets. 

If we're gonna put the SEZ up for grabs, how about the west side lower bowl while we're at it!

TRF51

frognutz said:
Surprised nobody has asked WHY they are turning the SEZ into reserved seating.
Well I heard what CDC said at the town hall which was kinda weak, when I renewed today and my price went up 25% it made more sense. I understand having top notch facilities cost money and we need to do our part and help with that but be honest with us up front.

researchfrog

I have two SEZ season tickets. I would like to return to having four tickets with those four tickets sitting together. I don't really want to move up, but the east side seatbacks seem reasonable enough. So what is my strategy?

1) Buy my two tickets before 3/24, automatically get entered in upgrade process.

2) Get on list for additional tickets to buy in May.

3) Which section is my best bet to get seats that are reasonably close?

researchfrog said:
I have two SEZ season tickets. I would like to return to having four tickets with those four tickets sitting together. I don't really want to move up, but the east side seatbacks seem reasonable enough. So what is my strategy?

1) Buy my two tickets before 3/24, automatically get entered in upgrade process.

2) Get on list for additional tickets to buy in May.

3) Which section is my best bet to get seats that are reasonably close?

4) If you do not get 4 seats together like you would like, then sell your 2 pair and buy 4 together on the secondary market.

WhatTheFrog

My bad, atofrog.  I'm just a stupid lemming going along and doing/paying as I'm told.  I didn't mean to say that you didn't know what you were talking about.  You are, obviously, the last word in anything to do with ticket renewals/upgrades/additions.

Since you are the Almighty in that regard...got any special offers for those of us that have been ticket holders for that past 15+ years?  Maybe hook up these Killerfrog members in some way?  Even if it's just bobbleheads or something?  I think we deserve some kind of trinket appreciation due to the fact that we are fanatic fans...The dollar amount can be minimal.

Go Frogs!!!

tcumaniac

I don't know if already discussed, but I clicked on the renewal email TCU sent yesterday and actually looked at their renewal website for the first time.

This "payment installment plan" TCU was boasting about is the biggest sack of BS I've ever seen in my life. 

As a reminder, renewals aren't due until March 24. With TCU's "installment plan," they have you paying off your final installment a week before ticket renewals are even due. How dumb does TCU really think we are?

16715895_10208150595952003_5381665190042645206_o.jpg

NNM

I can eat 50 eggs
tcumaniac said:
I don't know if already discussed, but I clicked on the renewal email TCU sent yesterday and actually looked at their renewal website for the first time.

This "payment installment plan" TCU was boasting about is the biggest sack of BS I've ever seen in my life. 

As a reminder, renewals aren't due until March 24. With TCU's "installment plan," they have you paying off your final installment a week before ticket renewals are even due. How dumb does TCU really think we are?

16715895_10208150595952003_5381665190042645206_o.jpg

Dumb enough to pay $200,000+ for an education that can be obtained elsewhere for $100,000 or less.

tcumaniac

NNM said:

Dumb enough to pay $200,000+ for an education that can be obtained elsewhere for $100,000 or less.

Thankfully I wasn't dumb enough to attend TCU without a substanial amount of academic scholarship. 

tcumaniac

BrewingFrog said:
That's the price. Don't like it? Don't pay it.

I don't get the point of this post. 

No where did I complain about the price or my willingness to pay it. I was just pointing out the silliness of the supposed payment installment plan TCU was boasting about.   

Don't insult the intelligence of your fan base by promoting a payment plan that requires you to pay for your tickets before the renewal deadline. 

cdsfrog

BrewingFrog said:
That's the price. Don't like it? Don't pay it.
It's not a payment plan, makes TCU look stupid. Similar to lowest west bowl, and touchdown club. Curious to see renewal rate is on those. I'm dropping all 4 passes, and I would not renew it for even $250 a pop. Nothing like real club seats . Assuming most will keep it but fyi if your considering it, get parking instead. Much better bang for your buck. I do appreciate the idea and commitment by TCU for east side club seats. Big props

RollToad

Baylor is Trash.
PhormerPhrog said:
I haven't even received my renewal packet in the mail.
Man, I'm usually the last to get stuff in the mail. With your luck, you were accidentally removed from the system.

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
I don't get the point of this post. 

No where did I complain about the price or my willingness to pay it. I was just pointing out the silliness of the supposed payment installment plan TCU was boasting about.   

Don't insult the intelligence of your fan base by promoting a payment plan that requires you to pay for your tickets before the renewal deadline.
All they're doing is allowing a wee bit of time to pay off the whole amount. I thought it was right gracious of them. They don't have to do such a thing...

As to price/worth/etc., I truly wish I was back in Section V, but those days are gone, and they aren't coming back. I can wish a lot of things, but, as the saying goes, "Wish in one hand, crap in the other. See which one fills up first." My neighbors in our current section were seething about the empty seats to our right in the Club and such, and the solid block of opposing fans in the East Side Upper Deck (+4 Land), and I absolutely agreed with them, but it is over and done with. Ship sailed. Hen eaten.

So, if you don't like your choices, don't buy. Nobody's holding a gun to your head. If it is all that onerous, check out. Watch the games on TV. The seat is generally more comfortable, you have a 'mute' button, and the beer is affordable.

dkfrog

IMO, they are basically correcting a market inefficiency by converting the SEZ to reserved. They realized that demand for those seats was higher than they thought and corrected the issue by converting to higher dollar seats. Those who have been sitting there have essentially been getting a discounted price for the value of the seats.

Now, I do understand that it is upsetting to be in a situation where you may have to move to another part of the stadium. I just don't see a better way to make the switch than what they proposed.

I actually don't think that demand for those seats will come from ppl with higher priority points in other areas of the stadium, so unless you just got tickets within the last 2-3 years, I'm guessing you'll have access to SEZ seats when your turn comes.