• The KillerFrogs

2 spots left & who gets them?

hfrogs10

It's pretty entertaining to watch moore's clip. He loves to hit. Runs full speed all the way through the tackle. The fact we have so many locks is exactly why I wish harris and Johnson would have kept their visit for the weekend. Be nice for them to meet our guys. Oh well.

maximilian

to replace Pope, Fields and Johnson? I beg to differ.

Now if you are saying Lathan, McFarland and Moore to replace those 3 maybe, but I still disagree. Damn good players though. If we do lose those 3, they would be awesome replacements.

I didn't mean to replace the others; just from the Johnson/Harris cancelling visits news to this weekend.

If Moore is the main story from this weekend, then I'm happy.

Moore/Jackson/Lathan/McFarland/Ifedi? I would be rolling with the top down this weekend, and I drive a VW Golf hardtop.

cdsfrog

I didn't mean to replace the others; just from the Johnson/Harris cancelling visits news to this weekend.

If Moore is the main story from this weekend, then I'm happy.

Moore/Jackson/Lathan/McFarland/Ifedi? I would be rolling with the top down this weekend, and I drive a VW Golf hardtop.

Not sure what I would do in that scenario.......but man I would be ecstatic.

FROGDADDY

to replace Pope, Fields and Johnson? I beg to differ.

Now if you are saying Lathan, McFarland and Moore to replace those 3 maybe, but I still disagree. Damn good players though. If we do lose those 3, they would be awesome replacements.

I don't know how many spots we have left so it's hard to say how this would work, but here are three scenarios, the last of which is clearly preferrable: 1) We lose Fields/Pope/Johnson/Linwood (worst case scenario) and replace them with Moore/Blake/McFarland/Fuller and call it a day. 2) We lose Fields/Johnson/Pope/Linwood and replace them with Moore/Blake/McFarland/Fuller then sign 4 other guys that are more under the radar (Garrett, Levels, Stanford, and Lathan for example). 3) We keep Fields/Johnson/Pope/Linwood and add Fuller/Moore/Blake/McFarland. Losing guys isn't a big issue if players of equal talent take their place.

hfrogs10

Did I miss something? Who is Jackson? And I know there was one note on the board that said that Texas may be interested in fields, but is he actually looking anywhere else? Why are we assuming he is leaving after months of being solid to tcu.

FROGDADDY

And I know there was one note on the board that said that Texas may be interested in fields, but is he actually looking anywhere else? Why are we assuming he is leaving after months of being solid to tcu.

I don't think anyone is just assuming Fields is gone, my comments were purely hypothetical.

talor

I have't seen anything about Fields looking at UT. In fact, Fields flatly rejected UT's advances early last year. Pope is enjoying the process, but he will sign with TCU. Daje....no idea on this one, I won't be surprised at all if he switches to UT.

Who will we finish the class with? Not sure, but the people we have open offers to and who are visiting in the next 7-8 days are studs. You guys will like how this class ends. Everyone is focusing on gloom and doom, but just because there haven't been any huge developments doesn't mean we are on bad footing.

Best. TCU. Class. Ever! (#1 1985 or whatever when I wasn't born doesn't count)

FeistyFrog

Sir FeistyFrog
I don't think anyone is just assuming Fields is gone, my comments were purely hypothetical.

Fields is solid. On Daje, it is interesting that the Horns are still hitting on Daniel Brooks really hard. If they get him to switch then doubt DJ gets an offer. If I was him I'd tell them thanks but no thanks.

jake102

Anyone look at Linwood's twitter today? Doesn't look good. At least his Twitter name still says TCU for now.

https://twitter.com/#!/linwood12_tcu

Ouch.

Something has to be going on with these recruits... not sure what our recruiting staff is f'ing up on or what other recruiting staffs are telling these kids about TCU.

Daje going to UT... kind of makes sense.

Anybody going to Baylor?????? fkn kidding me? It's Waco for gods sake. When they take official visits do they actually take them somewhere that doesn't have David Koresh killing people?

asleep003

If we get Jordan Moore, then everything else is gravy. He is that good.

Max, help me here ... why are we talking Jordon Moore. We have 2 better QBs already coming... not including Listnebee, who had 62% passing 2011. All three have much faster 40's. Shouldn't we be looking for another stud or 2 to block for all our skilled position players...

Cheers !

FeistyFrog

Sir FeistyFrog
Max, help me here ... why are we talking Jordon Moore. We have 2 better QBs already coming... not including Listnebee, who had 62% passing 2011. All three have much faster 40's. Shouldn't we be looking for another stud or 2 to block for all our skilled position players...

Cheers !

Moore is a safety.