• The KillerFrogs

2 spots left & who gets them?

FeistyFrog

Sir FeistyFrog
19 commits so far and 21 known open slots. So who do you think fills the final 2 (and maybe 3)?

Here are some of the top choices:

Devin Fuller-visited and TCU up there with Rutgers and few others making a late charge.
Will Hines-MU commit visiting and says it is down to 3 including TCU.
Colin Blake-Aggie commit visiting and really respects how Glasgow coaches the DBs.
Jordan Moore-safety out of Georgia visiting and has TCU high on the list.
Thomas Johnson-WR was a former UT commit and is visiting along with Ore and Cal.
James McFarland-DE and former commit, still has Frogs high on his list
Terrell Lathan-DE with Frogs in his top 3.

Others possibly in the mix

Donald Hopkins-DT from Lago Vista & former MU commit but likely to pick between Utes & Cougs (Houston).
Otha Peters-LB committed to Tenn and looks to hold with them but had a great visit.
DeVante Harris-former OU commit who is visiting Ore with Johnson. Most think the pick the Ducks because of the influence of their advisor.
Joey O'Connor-has mentioned TCU recently but Frogs not in his final group.
Austin Garrett-big receiver from Dekaney who had a great game in the finals. Hoping for a last minute offer.

Expect the coaches to also make a final push to several other players committed elsewhere which are still high on their list. While a late switch is unlikely, I wouldn't rule out this staff on anyone until they sign elsewhere.

Planks

Is Devin Johnson going to get a scholarship? He was a walk on but he started eight games last season and he will likely be a starter again next year. I think he has certainly earned a scholorship, even though he only has one year left.

tsmiller3

I've heard could be as many as 24 or 25.

I've heard that as well... Trying to be conservative on my assumption. Tbh, I think it depends on who wants to be at TCU. If the big names want in, coaches will make room. I've heard the staff has the flexibility to add a couple spots. Not sure if that's code for a few more current players being gone next yr...

Raw Frog

What are the rules for this "Silent Period" the recruits are in, and when is it over? Seems like there is some rule where the coaches cannot call them or visit, but they can text back and forth.
Back to the thread though, it is getting tight down to the wire, and one would have to think these kids can see the window closing and they had better get their spot. I look for some real action soon.

tcujsauce

We need some big, strong, fast d-lineman going into the big XII. This is why I'd really like I have Lathan. He's got a motor that doesn't stop.

FROGDADDY

With the amount of offers we still have out there I'll be surprised if we end up only signing 2 more than we have now. Give me Peters, Fuller, Blake, and Lathan if I get my choice.

NewFrogFan

Is Devin Johnson going to get a scholarship? He was a walk on but he started eight games last season and he will likely be a starter again next year. I think he has certainly earned a scholorship, even though he only has one year left.

I would bet his spring will get paid for by someone else leaving, graduating, NFL etc in Dec then they will play the fall ship by what happens this summer. Usually always have someone flunk out or something else to accomodate these types.

hfrogs10

I think we'll have a decision from peters after he visits Tenn. I'm guessing he commits to Tcu within the next week. I like our chances with Blake. I'll take fuller, and either Johnson or Moore.

McFarland is down to us and Boise, I assume he'll decide soon?

If harris wants us I'll take him in a heart beat.

My bet: peters, Blake, fuller, Moore.