• The KillerFrogs

Andrew Billings

SnoSki

So size is the only thing that matters in getting drafted and playing in the NFL?

Christ kid...you are showing your ignorance

Before you make it a personal attack, please quote me where I said size is the "only" factor in NFL drafting.

I said it is a major factor, not the only factor.

It's a major factor into why Kellen Moore was ignored by the draft despite throwing tons of TDs and winning tons of ballgames. He is/was just too short.

tcujsauce

Before you make it a personal attack, please quote me where I said size is the "only" factor in NFL drafting.

I said it is a major factor, not the only factor.

It's a major factor into why Kellen Moore was ignored by the draft despite throwing tons of TDs and winning tons of ballgames. He is/was just too short.

Post Kellen Moore's schedule and the teams he posted the majority of those numbers against.

TCURiggs

Not to mention, it's not like Moore had a Howitzer for an arm. Dude was smart and accurate, but that's about all he was bringing to the table... he's like Andy with a weaker arm and less mobility.

berryfrog95

how can you take your 2nd choice, amazing decision.....

You could go home from Ft Worth after school every day if you wanted to drive, i know momma has influence but this is a bad break for the Frogs.

SnoSki

Post Kellen Moore's schedule and the teams he posted the majority of those numbers against.

Roethlisberger went to Miami of Ohio and yet has won 2 super bowls.

Dalton played a similar caliber of team and yet made the pro bowl as a rookie. Bengals made back to back playoffs for the first time in a while.

Both were drafted because they were taller/stronger than Moore. Ben R much more so.

DickBumpastache

It's just hard for educated people to understand how recruits choose schools. Because honestly, if you were actually evaluating which school has a better chance at putting a DT highly in the NFL draft, you would choose TCU every time Yes, Baylor put Phil Taylor in the league, but TCU has the Chuckster and Pierson wrecking shop and will be nice draft picks. Phil Taylor represents an anomaly for Baylor on defense, not the rule. You look at TCU defense as a whole and Hughes 1st rounder, DW 2nd rounder and highest paid LB in the NFL, Tank Carder, etc etc etc. There's a bunch of guys, and a lot more on their way to the league.

Oh really, like Cory Grant and Kelly Griffin were? Those guys were in the middle when TCU was #1 in total defense for 3 of 4 seasons. How about James Vess? Where did those guys get drafted?

And I ask again: why would Andrew Billings care about LBs? It's utterly irrelevant to him.

Most humans who think logically and deeply would evaluate #1 and #2 above and come to the conclusion that TCU is by far the better decision based on those factors. But, as often the case with recruits and their families, they don't exactly make the most logical decisions. Or, as may be the case here, #3 is what ended up being most important.

The thing that I'll never get is you think your priorities are the same as the kid's. Your priority is you want a good team to root for. The kids priorities are multi-layered and more complex than you could ever imagine. He is the one who actually has to think about the decision; you are the one not putting any thought at all into it.

All the sky is falling people: change your panties and follow college hoops or something. Baseball is just around the corner; you could always [Rod Gilmore] about why every free agent on the market did not sign with the Rangers. There are other things to distract you from being upset about where a 17 year old kid decides to go to college.

SnoSki

Not to mention, it's not like Moore had a Howitzer for an arm. Dude was smart and accurate, but that's about all he was bringing to the table... he's like Andy with a weaker arm and less mobility.

So you agree that it was Moore's genes, and not a lack of developing talent by Boise that kept Moore out?

tcujsauce

Roethlisberger went to Miami of Ohio and yet has won 2 super bowls.

Dalton played a similar caliber of team and yet made the pro bowl as a rookie.

Both were drafted because they were taller/stronger than Moore. Ben R much more so.

Both were drafted bc they are better QBs than Kellen Moore, AND just so happens that they have better measurables as well. I don't think anyone ever thought Kellen was going to get a shot in the league. At least I never did.

rifram09

$cam Newton would've won that championship regardless of who they played. And Auburns defense would've shut our O down fairly effectively.

In fact, give Wisconsin Russell Wilson in 2010 and they beat us in that Rose Bowl.

No offense, but you should go F yourself. :)

Wisconsin was as good as there was in football when we beat them. They were scoring over 50 points with ease at the end of the year. We held them to 19. It's revisionist history for you to sit here and detract from our rose bowl just because you're in a bad mood over this Waco kid deciding to stay in Waco.

SnoSki

Both were drafted bc they are better QBs than Kellen Moore, AND just so happens that they have better measurables as well. I don't think anyone ever thought Kellen was going to get a shot in the league. At least I never did.

I never did, because of his size.

His 2X all-america status, 50-3 record as a QB, 2010 Heisman finalist, and 2x QB of the year seem to indicate that he was a pretty darn good QB.

If Moore was 3 inches taller and a bit heavier/stronger he'd be an automatic first rounder, maybe even top pick.

jake102

The thing that I'll never get is you think your priorities are the same as the kid's. Your priority is you want a good team to root for. The kids priorities are multi-layered and more complex than you could ever imagine. He is the one who actually has to think about the decision; you are the one not putting any thought at all into it.

You clearly can't read (probably from Baylor), I said exactly that. Here's what I said below:

[background=rgb(247, 247, 247)]"Or, as may be the case here, #3 is what ended up being most important." [/background]

[background=rgb(247, 247, 247)] [/background]

TCURiggs

So you agree that it was Moore's genes, and not a lack of developing talent by Boise that kept Moore out?

Yes, in Moore's case I think it was a size/strength issue. Boise got the most out of his abilities, but his abilities weren't enough to take him to the next level. However, there are also random guys all over the country that are bigger and stronger than a lot of NFLers out there, but they won't make it to the league because they're lacking in other areas. You have have it all to play at the NFL level.

tcujsauce

No offense, but you should go F yourself. :)

Wisconsin was as good as there was in football when we beat them. They were scoring over 50 points with ease at the end of the year. We held them to 19. It's revisionist history for you to sit here and detract from our rose bowl just because you're in a bad mood over this Waco kid deciding to stay in Waco.

Haha I'm not in a bad mood at all sir! I think the meltdown over where a kid chooses to spend his college years is really funny, and a little sad.

And I'm not trying to belittle or take anything away from our Rosé Bowl win. That was one of the greatest moments in my sports life, and probably always will be.

BUT, what was their one big weakness that season? QB. Russell Wilson = < 2 pts of a difference.

Sorry my fan goggles are a a bit less purple than most around here. Doesn't make me any less of a fan... I just chose to view things more realistically.

This year Baylor is whipping TCU in the recruiting world. Now lets see who will develop these kids better and coach better. Looks like BU and TCU will be forces in the Big 12.
I will say and not in this case but overall all sports esp. in basketball BU has playing dirty no doubt. It won't go unnoticed forever.

joejordan

In the past decade,

How many years has Baylor had a recruiting class ranked ahead of TCU's?

How many years has Baylor finished a season ranked ahead of TCU?

What is the head to head results? Scores?

tcujsauce

In the past decade,

How many years has Baylor had a recruiting class ranked ahead of TCU's?

How many years has Baylor finished a season ranked ahead of TCU?

What is the head to head results? Scores?

Don't you know? BayLOL beats us at everything always.

It's a fluke if they don't.