• The KillerFrogs

Andrew Billings

Lone Frog

Ouch!!! But, but, but... we didn't play them at the end of the year. According to them (they have a thread), the only teams in BCS bowls capable of beating them at the end of the year was Bama and POSSIBLY Oregon LOL.
So ... you're saying there are some delusional fans over there.

They may well have given us a better game at the end of the year, I'll give them that. But beaten us? Unlikely - unless we turned in another performance like our bowl.

jake102

Fair enough. I just haven't ever heard or seen anything factual to back up that statement.

I doubt any factual evidence will appear in something like this. Not a lot of high school coaches are going to post on message boards about not liking Briles, and the people they've told are almost certainly smart enough and good enough friends to keep it to themselves also.

It's one of those things, if there's enough smoke, there's probably a fire.

cdsfrog

I doubt any factual evidence will appear in something like this. Not a lot of high school coaches are going to post on message boards about not liking Briles, and the people they've told are almost certainly smart enough and good enough friends to keep it to themselves also.

It's one of those things, if there's enough smoke, there's probably a fire.

I wish I did. I would post it everywhere :biggrin: .

If not for any other reason than the fact that he makes Baylor a lot better. Hateful I know, I admit it. Baylor and SMU hater :smile:

FrogCoach84

Fair enough. I just haven't ever heard or seen anything factual to back up that statement.

Well this may not help you because I don't have a link to it or documentation of it.

My uncle coached TX HS football for over 30 years. He spent a few of those years in a district with Stephenville. Through those years along with countless clinics he got to know Briles. Anytime we get together as a family I always end up glued to his every word while he recounts old coaching stories for hours. I've probably heard some of them 20 times and I still love them. On more than one occasion he's told me about Briles, one phrase in particular.

He said he had a fantastic football mind, was an offensive innovator, worked extremely hard, was funny, smart, and had a way with words. He was very complimentary toward Coach Briles.

But this is the line that always comes up when he gets going on Stephenville games which always leads to Briles;

"If I had something I knew he wanted, I wouldn't walk in front of him in a dark alley for fear I'd wind up with a knife in my back."

He heard that (or something similar) from a coach he worked with. That guy had spent a few years on Briles' Stephenville staff.

That's how every Briles and/or Stephenville story ends.

*Don't even ask who my uncle is or where he has coached. That's his business. This story is anonymous enough I don't have an issue posting it.

tcujsauce

Well this may not help you because I don't have a link to it or documentation of it.

My uncle coached TX HS football for over 30 years. He spent a few of those years in a district with Stephenville. Through those years along with countless clinics he got to know Briles. Anytime we get together as a family I always end up glued to his every word while he recounts old coaching stories for hours. I've probably heard some of them 20 times and I still love them. On more than one occasion he's told me about Briles, one phrase in particular.

He said he had a fantastic football mind, was an offensive innovator, worked extremely hard, was funny, smart, and had a way with words. He was very complimentary toward Coach Briles.

But this is the line that always comes up when he gets going on Stephenville games which always leads to Briles;

"If I had something I knew he wanted, I wouldn't walk in front of him in a dark alley for fear I'd wind up with a knife in my back."

He heard that (or something similar) from a guy he worked with in East Texas. That guy had spent a few years on Briles' Stephenville staff.

That's how every Briles and/or Stephenville story ends.

That's what I'm talking about... just never seen or heard any of those kinds of stories before. All I've ever seen/heard is "people don't like him bc he's a scumbag".

BUGrad95

It's been said here many times, BaylorFans is an embarassment to Baylor fans. Don't take what you see on there as representative of the fan base in general.

I have zero hate for TCU. The hate coming from TCU far exceeds that coming from BU. I do comment here on occasion, and just because I don't flame TCU on my posts doesn't make me sanctimonious. I really don't hate TCU. .

itsalizard

It's been said here many times, BaylorFans is an embarassment to Baylor fans. Don't take what you see on there as representative of the fan base in general.

I have zero hate for TCU. The hate coming from TCU far exceeds that coming from BU. I do comment here on occasion, and just because I don't flame TCU on my posts doesn't make me sanctimonious. I really don't hate TCU. .
Fair enough. However, you guys have a multi page thread about "TCU meldown over billings". The rancor over there about all things TCU far exceeds the reciprical. The funniest complaints from baylorfans is the assertion GP negative recruited Baylor before we were in the Big 12. Seriously! How can that happen when the same fans lampooned the conferences we were in? What could the negative angle be other than we regularly beat the hell out of Baylor? Epitome of delusion.

ImwithBU

Fair enough. However, you guys have a multi page thread about "TCU meldown over billings". The rancor over there about all things TCU far exceeds the reciprical. The funniest complaints from baylorfans is the assertion GP negative recruited Baylor before we were in the Big 12. Seriously! How can that happen when the same fans lampooned the conferences we were in? What could the negative angle be other than we regularly beat the hell out of Baylor? Epitome of delusion.

Like he said most baylor fans dont respect baylorfans. I have never had anything bad to say about GP, and never will he is one hell of a coach. When Guy Morris was at baylor getting us thrashed every week, there was no reason for GP to negative recruit a coach that was putting that kind of product on the field. Sure if Billings would have chose you guys the meltdown would be BU fans saying why cant we get Waco product to stay home, hell billings basically said that was the biggest challenge in the whole process. Thing is welcome to the Big 12, things will only get that more intense now that "stealing a recruit" from another Big 12 school helps your program while giving theirs a major blow.