• The KillerFrogs

Andrew Billings

FeistyFrog

Sir FeistyFrog
Yes less than 24 hours away and still several unknowns so unlike the last few years there should be some excitement following who signs and doesn't. A couple of links if interested:

Andrew Billings is scheduled to announce this afternoon (3pm) on Dave Smoak's show. Most of us can't get it except streaming so here is the link (ESPN 1660 Waco/Temple)

http://www.1660espn.com/index.php

I don't think anyone could tell with certainty who they think Billings will pick but BU seems to have a slight edge but it is too close to call.

TCU's signing day central link:

http://gofrogs.cstv....igning-day.html

Lots of last minute texting going on from potential players so should be fun. Look for some possible swaps and a possible late developing big WR from the metroplex.

SnoSki

Interesting tweets just now by Kenny Cain, talking about Duke Riley:

[background=rgb(245, 245, 245)]Kenny Unc Cain ‏@UncArea51[/background]
[background=rgb(245, 245, 245)]kid gets lsu offer but its a grey shirt, then kid get full ride to tcu. Tcu plays lsu next year, so then lsu offers kid full ride......[/background]

Kenny Unc Cain ‏@UncArea51
kid commits to Lsu....tell me somthing aint wrong with the story#theydontwantyou

I had thoughts similar to Cain. It took LSU 2 in-homes, an official, several unofficials, multiple camps, and getting another kid to drop his commitment before LSU decided they wanted to offer local boy Duke Riley. I can understand his interest in them, but I am not so sure that LSU was that reciprocal in their interest.

Rabble Rouser

If we lose a recruit to Baylor we really need to figure out where it went wrong.

6279882.jpg

HFrog1999

Interesting tweets just now by Kenny Cain, talking about Duke Riley:

[background=rgb(245, 245, 245)]
Kenny Unc Cain ‏@UncArea51 [/background]
[background=rgb(245, 245, 245)]
kid gets lsu offer but its a grey shirt, then kid get full ride to tcu. Tcu plays lsu next year, so then lsu offers kid full ride......[/background]

Kenny Unc Cain ‏@UncArea51
kid commits to Lsu....tell me somthing aint wrong with the story#theydontwantyou
I love me some Kenny Cain.

Rabble Rouser

Very serious. Really in most all situations we should probably figure out how we can do a better job, but especially Baylor. They are our most direct rival right now for recruits, and they have zero advantages over us outside of QB/WR.

Ok since you are serious I'll bite....

"If we lose a recruit to Baylor.."

Ummm, we already have... Blanchard, KJ Smith, Rhodes.

"We need to figure out where it went wrong"

Well for starters... Fresh in recruits minds are Baylor winning the Heisman, beating K-State, looking like the hottest team in cfb down the stretch, & winning their bowl game. Also they get a boatload of players drafted HIGH. For us it is a drug bust, a DWI QB, a 7-6 finish, and an "oops I crapped my pants" performance in a bowl game.

Look, I'm not saying I think the sky is falling or anything. Just that given the last two years it's not really surprising that Baylor is getting some kids that we want now. Momentum, they has it.

Also Billings is from Waco so him choosing BU would be anything but a shocker. In fact I would be more shocked if he chose us over the almighty UT aaaand his Hometown team.

/rant

Rabble Rouser

We didn't lose Blanchard. They offered, we didnt.

We offered...

Excerpt from Scout article with Blanchard interview:

http://tcu.scout.com/2/1227901.html

"Now, interest seems to be setting in at an all-time for the nation’s no. 36 rated safety prospect. A lot of that interest is coming from his original favorite; TCU, who offered Blanchard over the summer. Even after receiving the offer, Blanchard remained strong to his commitment to Baylor."