• The KillerFrogs

Tom Herman

Wexahu

My inferiority complex? They are aren't writing about me.

You thinking locally. Around the country I have seen very little about Matt Ruhle and very little positive about Baylor.

You are right about one thing. I have a masters degree in journalism and agree that stories are written for eyebaalls. There are more eyeballs interested in Texas or any other state school or for the tshirt fans of Norte Dame.

If you don't think writers love the "traditional" I would offer the Norte Dame NC championship run and their eventual embarrassment. Writers pimped ND because they were winning, didn't matter they were getting by on a wing and a prayer, the media fawned all over them until they got pummeled in the NC game. If you think Baylor, Duke, TCU, Washington State or a Maryland outdoor have gotten the same hype, then there really is nothing to debate.

You will continue to think there is a level playing field in college football for everyone and I won't. My inferiority or mental worth is not based on any athletic endeavor. It is just an opinion-which is probably shared by more than not. But that's just an opinion too.

Where in Ohio are you from?

I imagine being from Indiana (or maybe you even live there) you are way more inundated with Notre Dame and Ohio State stuff than me. I personally don't remember ND getting more hyped by writers than any national title game team does, but I live in Texas. I don't notice them getting treated any differently than any other major program. I can't remember the last positive article I've seen about them, most seem to center on the coach's shelf life or lack thereof. Ohio State wins a lot of games, routinely has the best recruiting classes, and has a coach that is a multiple national championship winner, of course most writers are going to think they are good. When they weren't that good writers didn't write that glowingly about them.

I guess being a journalism major you naturally are very tuned in to what the media thinks/says. To some, that's even more important than the games themselves. I just don't really pay it much attention, teams play each other on the field, the results speak for themselves, and that's really all that matters to me.

tcudoc

DCTFherman.png
Herman gets bonus points for his ability to write in mirror image. My daughter can do it. It is weird how the mind works.

Hoosierfrog

Tier 1
I imagine being from Indiana (or maybe you even live there) you are way more inundated with Notre Dame and Ohio State stuff than me. I personally don't remember ND getting more hyped by writers than any national title game team does, but I live in Texas. I don't notice them getting treated any differently than any other major program. I can't remember the last positive article I've seen about them, most seem to center on the coach's shelf life or lack thereof. Ohio State wins a lot of games, routinely has the best recruiting classes, and has a coach that is a multiple national championship winner, of course most writers are going to think they are good. When they weren't that good writers didn't write that glowingly about them.

I guess being a journalism major you naturally are very tuned in to what the media thinks/says. To some, that's even more important than the games themselves. I just don't really pay it much attention, teams play each other on the field, the results speak for themselves, and that's really all that matters to me.

Hoosierfrog

Tier 1
I am from Houston. I live in Indiana,

Surprisingly, there isn't a lot of ND coverage here.

I try to read news from all over the country.

You should try it. Do a simple survey. Weed out the necessary local stuff. Then tell me who else gets the bulk of the column inches. Penn State is already getting play off one season. USC is being pushed a lot. The requisite ND Alabama and Ohio State.

When other schools win you get an interest piece here and there. But media loves the old traditional whether they deserve it or not, i.e. Norte Dame, Ohio State, Texas, USC. This lopsided coverage gives a decided appearance of a lopsided playing field.

The same goes for the committee. Even people up here think there is tradition based bias there. I was bit shocked that Big 10 people thought that the 2014 final 4 was driven more by excuses to get certain people in than getting the best teams in whether it was OSU or Oregon. But then, people here hate OSU than anywhere. They just felt that although OSU may have been worthy, there was not a good reason to screw TCU based on one game against a wounded Wisconsin. The feeling here was that TCU was acute little interloper, but there was no way the committee was going to go down in history as allowing TCU to be in the very first playoff over a traditional power.

You can repeat all of your arguments all you want. I merely point out this was stuff discussed outside of Texas that I heard.

Frog-in-law1995

Wow. Respect-o-meter needle starting to twitch a little for Meyer there.

But just a little. Same guy who faked a breakdown so he could exit Florida for Ohio State.

Wexahu

I am from Houston. I live in Indiana,

Surprisingly, there isn't a lot of ND coverage here.

I try to read news from all over the country.

You should try it. Do a simple survey. Weed out the necessary local stuff. Then tell me who else gets the bulk of the column inches. Penn State is already getting play off one season. USC is being pushed a lot. The requisite ND Alabama and Ohio State.

When other schools win you get an interest piece here and there. But media loves the old traditional whether they deserve it or not, i.e. Norte Dame, Ohio State, Texas, USC. This lopsided coverage gives a decided appearance of a lopsided playing field.

The same goes for the committee. Even people up here think there is tradition based bias there. I was bit shocked that Big 10 people thought that the 2014 final 4 was driven more by excuses to get certain people in than getting the best teams in whether it was OSU or Oregon. But then, people here hate OSU than anywhere. They just felt that although OSU may have been worthy, there was not a good reason to screw TCU based on one game against a wounded Wisconsin. The feeling here was that TCU was acute little interloper, but there was no way the committee was going to go down in history as allowing TCU to be in the very first playoff over a traditional power.

You can repeat all of your arguments all you want. I merely point out this was stuff discussed outside of Texas that I heard.

I guess I just don't pay that much attention to news articles as they don't interest me much. Generally, a team that does well on the field is going to get positive articles written about them and teams that don't won't. Big deal. And as everyone knows now, my opinion is that no matter who the CFP committee picks as their playoff teams, those on the outside are going to be pissed. That doesn't mean the committee is biased, or stupid, or a bunch of idiots. TCU fans wouldn't have been any less pissed if the resumes were switched around and OSU was selected.

Facts are irrelevant, if your team doesn't make it you got screwed, that's pretty much the way it goes Those big wins your team has? What great wins! The big wins the other team has? Well, there was a reason, that opponent sucked, their conference sucks, the other team quit, or whatever. The bad games your team has? Well, every team is entitled to a couple of those. The bad games the other team has? See, they suck!

Hoosierfrog

Tier 1
I guess I just don't pay that much attention to news articles as they don't interest me much. Generally, a team that does well on the field is going to get positive articles written about them and teams that don't won't. Big deal. And as everyone knows now, my opinion is that no matter who the CFP committee picks as their playoff teams, those on the outside are going to be pissed. That doesn't mean the committee is biased, or stupid, or a bunch of idiots. TCU fans wouldn't have been any less pissed if the resumes were switched around and OSU was selected.

Facts are irrelevant, if your team doesn't make it you got screwed, that's pretty much the way it goes Those big wins your team has? What great wins! The big wins the other team has? Well, there was a reason, that opponent sucked, their conference sucks, the other team quit, or whatever. The bad games your team has? Well, every team is entitled to a couple of those. The bad games the other team has? See, they suck!

So, do you belief that if Notre Dame had played a similar schedule as TCU in 2014 with no 13th game marker and had an 11-1 record that they would have been dropped out of the top 4 as TCU was?

Latest posts