• The KillerFrogs

Seat Selection Day

PurplePainD

The first day and I see a lot of red already. Yes I realize some were held but i think a lot of TCU ticket holders are going to be unhappy when they realize that some people are buying their full alottment. Im still perplexed by the decision to let ticket holders buy extra for their friends, family, co-workers etc when some of us have been loyal fans for 10 years but may get poor seats.:angry:

It seems to me, most people are going to be able to get seats similar to what they had in the old AGC, with the main exception being longtime season ticket holders that had tickets between the 30's but haven't been donating the last six years (e.g. parking spots, frog club, capital fund, etc.). It makes sense to me that the prime seats between the 30's go to the people that have contributed the most. Just my .02

Dogfrog

I wouldn't be complaining too much about missing on on 237.

I think the 2 for each row is, as someone said earlier, so TCU can move people around once all the selections are made. Say one accountholder wanted 5 tickets in a particular section but there were no rows with 5 together. One row had 3 and the next had 2 but the seats were offset but 3-4 seats. They could move the folks next to the 3 down 2 seats and then the guy that wanted 5 could have all of his together on one row. Personally, we're getting 6 and I wouldn't mind if they were split up 3 to a row as long as they were directly behind each other but I think that's why they reserved two to each section. I would imagine once a section fills up the ticket office will then contact the folks in that section to possibly move around a few seats. Once those get situated they'll open up any remaining seats so, theoretically, someone with a relatively low PP ranking who is buying only two seats could end up with really good seats.

There is a disclaimer that they can move your selected seats to remove singles, so I assume this process will happen real time via the software, no phone calls later to settle adjustments, and no great seats left for low ranking selectors.

SnoSki

I think the ranking system is fair. Jut know what sections you'd liketo be in and have a long list of backups. I have 4 sections is prefer but another 15 or so that'd work.

Now if it was only ranked by total $$ given to TCU in general, many young alums would be starting pretty nicely because of the annual 8% tuition increases.. Haha. Some of us have given over 120K to the ole TCU account. ;)

The first day and I see a lot of red already. Yes I realize some were held but i think a lot of TCU ticket holders are going to be unhappy when they realize that some people are buying their full alottment. Im still perplexed by the decision to let ticket holders buy extra for their friends, family, co-workers etc when some of us have been loyal fans for 10 years but may get poor seats.:angry:

I understand what you're saying but I think there will be some attrition over the next few years. I don't mean to sound cold or calloused but we do have a rather older fan base. Some will pass and others will decide they are too old or their health isn't good enough to attend. I know TCU is developing a legacy program for the PP to be passed down but there will be some that do not. Some may not buy as many tickets a year as their parents did. I think that if you're under 2000 right now and get stuck with less than desireable seats now there is a decent chance that in 5-10 years you could end up with seats that are satisfactory.

HFrog1999

I seriously doubt those with a high ranking would buy some of the worst tickets to make a few bucks. Also, if I were a visitor I wouldn't want to sit in the visitor's section. I'd want to sit in the best seat possible. More money could be made with better tickets. Even still, I doubt the 1%ers would concern themselves with making a few bucks on a football ticket. But if they are that is better for those of us with a lower ranking.
Why do you think they are buying a lot of seats right next to the visitor's section? There are plenty of seats available on the East side that are priced the same but in better locations. I would not want to sit next to the visitors.

There's just a block of red in section 230 that looks strange. Maybe there's another reason for it.

Why do you think they are buying a lot of seats right next to the visitor's section? There are plenty of seats available on the East side that are priced the same but in better locations. I would not want to sit next to the visitors.

My guess is that TCU held back a few extras for visitors other than what was reserved for visitors. If you've ever gone to other places with a packed house you'll find small pockets of visitors scattered throughout the stadium. I was at an A&M/OU game a few years ago and sat next to a group of OU fans that received their tickets through the school. We were two sections down from the normal visitor's section. I think all schools hold back a few extras for visitors...kind of a quid pro quo thing. You set a few extra aside for us and we'll return the favor. I wouldn't guess it would be more than a few hundred.

HFrog1999

My guess is that TCU held back a few extras for visitors other than what was reserved for visitors. If you've ever gone to other places with a packed house you'll find small pockets of visitors scattered throughout the stadium. I was at an A&M/OU game a few years ago and sat next to a group of OU fans that received their tickets through the school. We were two sections down from the normal visitor's section. I think all schools hold back a few extras for visitors...kind of a quid pro quo thing. You set a few extra aside for us and we'll return the favor. I wouldn't guess it would be more than a few hundred.

It could be the case. I don't think that block was red before this morning though. I saw some other sections on the west side that were red before today that I thought they were using for that purpose. Maybe it's for the visiting band? Or it could be held back for group tickets. Thats the same area where I sat when I came with FCA in high school.

It's going to be hard to get work done today.

BABYFACE

It seems to me, most people are going to be able to get seats similar to what they had in the old AGC, with the main exception being longtime season ticket holders that had tickets between the 30's but haven't been donating the last six years (e.g. parking spots, frog club, capital fund, etc.). It makes sense to me that the prime seats between the 30's go to the people that have contributed the most. Just my .02

Bull, we have had season tickets in the family since 84' and have lot 3 donor parking for the last 10 years. We are ranked in 800's. We sit inside the 35 on West side lower bowl. We will be bumped up to the 3rd deck to sit between the 20's if people buy their full allotments or solicit the seats to others.

It could be the case. I don't think that block was red before this morning though. I saw some other sections on the west side that were red before today that I thought they were using for that purpose. Maybe it's for the visiting band? Or it could be held back for group tickets. Thats the same area where I sat when I came with FCA in high school.

It's going to be hard to get work done today.

Yeah, I was thinking the other day about all the little cheerleaders and their families when they do their little thing at halftime once a year.

No kidding. I'm useless and I don't pick until April.

It's weird seeing the random 1 seat reserved.

A good example of what I was talking about moving people around is in Section 105. Row W has 3 open spaces followed by the 2 that were already reserved followed by 2 open seats followed by 4 already selected this morning. Say someone wants 5 seats...they can select the 3 and the 2 open seats with the 2 reserved between them. Either the software will automatically switch them to get 5 together or TCU will manually do it. Row L has 3 open spots and then one single 7 spots down. They can move the 6 between down one spot to get 4 consecutive seats and then open up the 2 that were already unavailable before logging in. What is unknown is how long it takes to make the adjustment. Do they wait until the entire section is almost full except for singles or will this take a little bit longer? I'd be pretty ticked if tickets opened up in a section I desired after I had selected.

PurplePainD

Bull, we have had season tickets in the family since 84' and have lot 3 donor parking for the last 10 years. We are ranked in 800's. We sit inside the 35 on West side lower bowl. We will be bumped up to the 3rd deck to sit between the 20's if people buy their full allotments or solicit the seats to others.

I hear ya, it sounds like you fall into the category I was describing. I'm ranked in the 1100's, but taking everything into perspective, I think I'll be pretty grateful to have the seat selection opportunity I have when my slot opens up. I guarantee you I would have been lost amongst the masses at any other Big12 school and grateful if I even had the chance to buy a ticket.

A lot of people on this site have lost perspective and are complaining just to complain.

Dogfrog

Yeah, I was thinking the other day about all the little cheerleaders and their families when they do their little thing at halftime once a year.

No kidding. I'm useless and I don't pick until April.

It's weird seeing the random 1 seat reserved.

A good example of what I was talking about moving people around is in Section 105. Row W has 3 open spaces followed by the 2 that were already reserved followed by 2 open seats followed by 4 already selected this morning. Say someone wants 5 seats...they can select the 3 and the 2 open seats with the 2 reserved between them. Either the software will automatically switch them to get 5 together or TCU will manually do it. Row L has 3 open spots and then one single 7 spots down. They can move the 6 between down one spot to get 4 consecutive seats and then open up the 2 that were already unavailable before logging in. What is unknown is how long it takes to make the adjustment. Do they wait until the entire section is almost full except for singles or will this take a little bit longer? I'd be pretty ticked if tickets opened up in a section I desired after I had selected.

I would assume that if you want 5 together you need to find a row with 5 together and select them. I would not assume that 3 and 2 separated on the same row are going to get moved together. I would assume that the only movements that will be made will be to eliminate singles on a row.

I would assume that if you want 5 together you need to find a row with 5 together and select them. I would not assume that 3 and 2 separated on the same row are going to get moved together. I would assume that the only movements that will be made will be to eliminate singles on a row.

True, but if I had the opportunity to get those seats and there were no longer 5 together in a highly desireable location I'd take my chances on some movement or that whoever gets those two seats will be kind enough to switch.

10 Key Frog

Ok who is the jerk just now who bought 6 seats in section 306 on the wheelchair row but left an empty seat #1 and took seats 2-7. Why not take 1-6? Thought the system was supposed to prevent that.

I hear ya, it sounds like you fall into the category I was describing. I'm ranked in the 1100's, but taking everything into perspective, I think I'll be pretty grateful to have the seat selection opportunity I have when my slot opens up. I guarantee you I would have been lost amongst the masses at any other Big12 school and grateful if I even had the chance to buy a ticket.

A lot of people on this site have lost perspective and are complaining just to complain.

I agree. My seats were on the 45 yard line in Sec D. They are now in the Founders Suite. I loved the hell out of those seats but I wasn't born there. I'll just get the best I can this year and look to improve my location over the years through the attrition I described earlier.

pcf

So what did y'all figure out about the # of selectors per day and per hour?

IOW, at 11:30 AM 3/12, are we about at #50?