• The KillerFrogs

I understand Mosiello has all this pedigree.....

Spike

Shut up and take a lap

Take 2 laps!

Everyone else is hitting about as expected but 2 of your biggest bats have not shown up this year and Baker is hurt, puts more pressure on the rest of the guys who are atleast running up the pitch count and bunching the hits when they come.

While I agree with the more aggressive baserunning strategy when guys are not hitting it is a double edged sword and we've lost several outs on the base paths this week. If everyone is healthy and hitting up to par then we could play station to station and only Wade and Brown would steal.

JurisFrog

Has anyone else noticed that the pre-bat deep breathing that we have done in years past is not being done as much now? I see our catcher doing it quite a bit, but not many other players.I thought that those exercises really helped us in years past. I know it may sound goofy, but I have seen the effects of deep breathing routines firsthand. It really changes how your body functions in that moment.

Pharm Frog

Good news is that we're facing a team today that bats 9 points lower than we do. Slugs 24 points less than we do. Has walked 46 fewer times than we have. Has an OB% 17 points lower than us. Has 68 fewer TBs. Has 25 fewer stolen bases. Has grounded into 14 more DPs than the Frogs. Has 6 fewer HRs. Now the Gators have K'd 68 fewer times than the Frogs but who's counting?

Pitching and defense.

If someone would have told me that the Frogs would have scored 8 runs in three games, I'd have been pretty confident that we would be heading home on a flight this morning. Frogs are 8-12 when scoring 4 runs or less this season and many of those wins are against teams nowhere near the quality of what we expect to see in Omaha. If you'd have told me that TDA was giving up 1.6 HRs a game and Skoug had none, I'd have been even more confident that the season was over. But we're obviously not at home just yet and 290 other D1 teams can't say the same. Just find a way Frogs....

Bob

"I see our catcher doing it quite a bit"

You mean the guy that struck out with the bases loaded against Florida?

HG73

If we let a guy with a 5+ era and an opposing avg of .275+ silence us for several innings then sure.. start this thread.

One LV reliever had an era of like 0.4 and the other was around 1.7. Playoff baseball is all about the arms. Good pitching almost always beats good hitting.

And vice versa.

Pharm Frog

Has anyone else noticed that the pre-bat deep breathing that we have done in years past is not being done as much now? I see our catcher doing it quite a bit, but not many other players.I thought that those exercises really helped us in years past. I know it may sound goofy, but I have seen the effects of deep breathing routines firsthand. It really changes how your body functions in that moment.

There are several things this version of the Frogs don't do like prior teams have done. But I do still see the focused breathing from several of the players. I have talked with several Okie Lite, KSU, and OU players (and a former WVU player) in the past few years and it was funny to me. When they saw the Frog rituals for the first time (the breathing, shoulder shrugs, and most prominently the sprints to position and dugout) they all said some version of, "We felt like they were here on business and we're about to get our ass kicked by a team that takes this stuff seriously."

Ron Swanson

Weird critique. Inherited runners have a minimal effect on .ERA over the course of a full season, and some of that effect is deserved since they let the guy on base to begin with.
Completely agree. And if he's gonna pick a different stat than ERA, I'd have gone with WHIP over K:BB ratio.

I like looking at all of them together. Gives you an idea of his overall stuff as well as how good a true pitcher he is.

Last edited:

BBG817

In Mo I Trust, no issue with approach to bases, just with some of the execution (back picks). Have to do something different when we have the team batting avg we do. More than a few games we had more runs than hits and our run production is way better than avg should create.

NNM

I can eat 50 eggs
Good news is that we're facing a team today that bats 9 points lower than we do. Slugs 24 points less than we do. Has walked 46 fewer times than we have. Has an OB% 17 points lower than us. Has 68 fewer TBs. Has 25 fewer stolen bases. Has grounded into 14 more DPs than the Frogs. Has 6 fewer HRs. Now the Gators have K'd 68 fewer times than the Frogs but who's counting?

Thanks for that. It's obvious that Florida's baseball team is average at best, will be lucky to host a regional, and will never make it to Omaha. It's just not their year.

Pharm Frog

Thanks for that. It's obvious that Florida's baseball team is average at best, will be lucky to host a regional, and will never make it to Omaha. It's just not their year.

Sarcasm duly noted. They are an average hitting team. Maybe a little below average. (210 out of 295)

Punter1

Completely agree. And if he's gonna pick a different stat than ERA, I'd have gone with WHIP over K:BB ratio.

This is Deep we're talking about here....not shocking he would pick K/BB ratio over ERA.

Edit...has anyone ever seen WCJ and Deep together at the same time.

Paint It Purple

Take 2 laps!

Everyone else is hitting about as expected but 2 of your biggest bats have not shown up this year and Baker is hurt, puts more pressure on the rest of the guys who are atleast running up the pitch count and bunching the hits when they come.

While I agree with the more aggressive baserunning strategy when guys are not hitting it is a double edged sword and we've lost several outs on the base paths this week. If everyone is healthy and hitting up to par then we could play station to station and only Wade and Brown would steal.
Hitting thru 10 games.

Winning Teams Avg: 8.9 hits/GM
Losing Teams Avg: 5.9 hits/GM

TCU Avg: 6.3 hits/GM

As you point out, if Baker were not out and ES not slumping, one could assume another 1-3 hits per game for the good guys.

Tumbleweed

The first four or five guys are so tight about trying to hit the ball, it would be a miracle if they hit anything. If they just stuck bat out and held it they might get a hit. You can tell it bothers them.. They swing at pitches way outside, high, in the dirt. Mostly it's been that way for most of the season. Put a pitcher in their whose stuff is less and they can hit. They're not coming out of this slump till next year.

NNM

I can eat 50 eggs
The first four or five guys are so tight about trying to hit the ball, it would be a miracle if they hit anything. If they just stuck bat out and held it they might get a hit. You can tell it bothers them.. They swing at pitches way outside, high, in the dirt. Mostly it's been that way for most of the season. Put a pitcher in their whose stuff is less and they can hit. They're not coming out of this slump till next year.

You're absolutely right. They're foolish to even try. They should just pack it up before they're embarrassed against elite teams in a regional, Super or Omaha, especially teams like TAMU. I mean Louisville. I mean Florida.

TCURiggs

SHEESH! Talk about looking a gift horse in the mouth. TCU is in the final freaking 4 for the 2nd year in a row. I'd say our coaches are plenty good. Tons of programs out there would love to have them and have the success TCU has had the last 7 years I bet.

The guy who started this thread is the same clown who [hundinnen ] about our football coaches every year, including 2014 and 2015. There are just some people with terrible opinions on this board, and he's one of them.