• The KillerFrogs

I understand Mosiello has all this pedigree.....

tcuball3

Ticket Exchange Pass
Been a struggle all season for majority of the team, have to question mosiello's approach, most of these guys were better hitters last year or as underclass men

Frogs1983

We are also facing elite pitchers. We did good to run the Louisville starter out of the game. The LV bullpen guys had elite stats, and Faedo did too.

We are in the final four! Enjoy it.
Frogs aren't facing any slouches in Omaha. What's left is the best of the best. That pitcher for Florida last Sunday was drafted in the first round by the Tigers for a reason.

Ron Swanson

If we let a guy with a 5+ era and an opposing avg of .275+ silence us for several innings then sure.. start this thread.

One LV reliever had an era of like 0.74 and the other was around 2.2. Playoff baseball is all about the arms. Good pitching almost always beats good hitting.
0.43 and 1.67 if I recall

Pharm Frog

Believe it or not sometimes when guys don't hit it's because they can't and not because of their hitting coach.

Would be more inclined to believe this as the case if last season hadn't happened. Kinda hard to believe that virtually every player had career offensive stats last year. I agree of course that its not always on the hitting coach and I imagine that most of these kids don't rely on Mosiello as their swing/cage coach but just have to figure that its not as much a matter of "can't" as it is "aren't". And I have no confidence in any of my theories as to why.

Deep Purple

If we let a guy with a 5+ era and an opposing avg of .275+ silence us for several innings then sure.. start this thread.

One LV reliever had an era of like 0.4 and the other was around 1.7. Playoff baseball is all about the arms. Good pitching almost always beats good hitting.
IMO, too much weight given to ERA. That is determined not only by the pitcher in question, but by succeeding pitchers who relieve him. So ERA is not all about individual performance.

Much more impressed by SO-walk ratio. Anytime it's around 3:1 or better, that is dang impressive. And I think all Louisville pitchers tonight had a SO-walk ratio of 3:1 or better.

Last edited:

PO Frog

IMO, too much weight given to ERA. That is determined not only by the pitcher in question, but by succeeding pitchers who relieve him. So ERA is not all about individual performance.
Weird critique. Inherited runners have a minimal effect on .ERA over the course of a full season, and some of that effect is deserved since they let the guy on base to begin with.