• The KillerFrogs

I understand Mosiello has all this pedigree.....

PO Frog

You specifically mentioned a pitcher's ERA being influenced by the pitchers who relieve him. If that wasn't a reference to inherited runners then it makes even less sense than I thought it did.
And I said it was a weird critique for that very reason. Didn't get into whether it was a useful stat or not. For someone that claims to pride himself on reading comprehension, Deep's isn't very good.

Peacefrog

Degenerate
He was saying that the people who keep telling everyone "you should all just stop analyzing everything because we got here and everything else is gravy" need to swallow that and realize we still can win it all - so we need to keep focus on winning it all and look back on the season AFTER the season

He didn't say not winning the championship had any effect on our recruiting or made us look bad or that we were the "best without a championship"
Good job skipping over the one part of his post that I was responding to in mine.

Purp

He was saying that the people who keep telling everyone "you should all just stop analyzing everything because we got here and everything else is gravy" need to swallow that and realize we still can win it all - so we need to keep focus on winning it all and look back on the season AFTER the season

He didn't say not winning the championship had any effect on our recruiting or made us look bad or that we were the "best without a championship"
I don't think we read the same post. Maybe he edited after you read it and before I read it.

#ormaybenot
#hashesfor@Deep

PO Frog

This thread gets dumber the more I think about it. Lol at OP waiving off coach Mo's "pedigree" like it might just be mythical crap he did before he got here and he's since rested on his laurels. FYI, this is our fourth straight trip to Omaha with him on the staff. Less than 5 teams in all of college baseball history can claim that. Paper tiger I guess.

cdsfrog

Obviously coach Mo read this thread and was inspired to better. Hence the nine runs. Quick someone start complaining about our starting pitching the last 2 games. Good luck blaming Saarloos.

OmniscienceFrog

Especially with high school pitchers and the lunacy of how games are scored. I had a coach tell me a couple of years ago that if a kid got on by a walk or HBP and eventually scored, he was counting it as unearned because he had been given a "gift" by the pitcher and gifts aren't earned. I less than politely told him that he was a fool and that he should let the rules of scoring determine things like that.
Oh man, my ERA was a lot lower than I thought it was.