• The KillerFrogs

2013 Updated recruiting list

Gunner

Seems like the coaches are more interested in Cody Thomas then Barrett?

There's good reason they are more interested in Thomas. He's the best QB in the country. Said that the first time I saw his clips. He ran up some terrific yardage against Trinity last year. Check him out. Heard he was with Sharp at the Mississippi baseball game the other day.

talor

UT tells Barrett that they will just have one QB in this class so he will not attend UT JR days this weekend.

Barrett also says he will focus on the schools that have offered him a scholarship. Seems like a good time to invite him to Junior Day this weekend and show him a little offer love.

Mike Brooks

Not understanding why we havent offered him yet...
Just my .02: I get the feeling that GMFP envisions a Wiscy type pro style offense. Started with the pursuit of Matthews and now with Thomas. Those haters of the shortside option may have to find something else to hate in a couple years.

SuperToad

Just my .02: I get the feeling that GMFP envisions a Wiscy type pro style offense. Started with the pursuit of Matthews and now with Thomas. Those haters of the shortside option may have to find something else to hate in a couple years.

I liked the short side option. It always got us 5+ yards. Imagine if we had a QB who could actually, well...run

talor

Which is exactly why we sent out our first 2013 offer to Tyrone Swoopes! Duh!!!!!!!!

2themax

Gonna have to disagree on this observation. I was under the impression the Frogs were looking to open up their offense more with a qb that has the capability to run the option read. Thought they were looking to open their offensive options more. Still I firmly believe taking the best at any position as long as they are capable of running the system(s). Either would be a great get for the program.

Gunner

Pretty sure Matthews can run okay. He's another Dalton in appearance. We're not changing our offense, I'll guarrantee you that is wrong.

Why would you change what is working so well. The one thing that might happen differently, is the use of the tight end. And that is in question. Basically, we change nothing.