• The KillerFrogs

Worst column Mac has ever written

WhatTheFrog

How? If the other party is willing, then it is consensual.

200w.webp
You suck brilesballs.

Big Frog II

Is Briles paying Mac to write positive articles about him? Briles is a cheating lowlife excuse of a football coach and should never coach in this country again.

I think the NCAA deal makes it impossible for anyone to seriously get through the process of hiring him right now. Absent that, he might win some at TTU but I don't think with all the baggage that is a given. If you look at their 247 message board, the posters there seem largely to be adamantly opposed to Briles representing their school and while he would get some guys, I don't see how there wouldn't be some substantial resistance from the parents of a good number of recruits about sending their kids to play for a guy like Briles. Probably a 50/50 proposition that he'd do much of anything but it would be interesting just to see the reaction and if they could make it stick.

Punter1

Briles is the Muck of journalism and vice versa.

Muck stalks our cheerleaders and drill team and writes stories on then as a means to get close to them. Its probably the same reason why he is a professor. Who knows how many "A's" he has sold for who knows what.

Briles uses coeds as bait for his football players.

Muck = Briles

Deep Purple

Mc working for the ST is bad but worse is that he works for TCU.
He doesn't work for TCU. He's taught a few classes as an adjunct. That's an outsource job. You won't find him on the J-school faculty list. Regardless, he puts "TCU Adjunct Professor" on all his credentials and bios as if it were his supreme badge of honor.

Mac is actually a TCU graduate alum. And, unlike his recent outsource position, he actually has worked directly for TCU in the past. While obtaining his MLA in 1998, he was a graduate assistant in the athletic media relations office. He was also a TCU women’s basketball color analyst for road broadcasts, backing up play-by-play man Richard Durrett ’98.

He admits, "A lot of TCU fans think I’m the devil." Devil or not, he does actually root for TCU win. His explanation: “I’ve lived in Texas and Fort Worth longer than I’ve lived anywhere else. I’ve seen the impact of TCU being successful. I live right next to the school. My home’s property value has gone up significantly and I know why. It’s because the football team is winning.”

For the cynics, he wasn't saying he backs TCU because it's good for his property value. He was saying it's good for Fort Worth, using his property value as a personal example. He also says that, as a sports journalist, he can't afford to openly bleed purple like other TCU fans and alums.

Fair enough, but it's still obvious that he goes out of his way to irritate TCU backers with lots of snide snark, back-handed compliments ("You don't sweat much for a fat girl"), and manufactured controversy (molehills = mountains). But that's modern Journalism 101: Sensationalize and antagonize to create outrage, draw attention, and increase circulation/page views.

Journalism lost just about all it's integrity and credibility from the 1990s to present. That's when the news media moved from being an observer/reporter of politics and the culture wars to being an active participant/advocate. It's why people no longer trust the media. In just about every confidence poll, the news media ranks well below even Congress in trustworthiness. Congress should be grateful to the media the way Mississippi should be grateful to Louisiana -- it saves them from being dead-last in just about everything.

WhatTheFrog

He doesn't work for TCU. He's taught a few classes as an adjunct. That's an outsource job. You won't find him on the J-school faculty list. Regardless, he puts "TCU Adjunct Professor" on all his credentials and bios as if it were his supreme badge of honor.

Mac is actually a TCU graduate alum. And, unlike his recent outsource position, he actually has worked directly for TCU in the past. While obtaining his MLA in 1998, he was a graduate assistant in the athletic media relations office. He was also a TCU women’s basketball color analyst for road broadcasts, backing up play-by-play man Richard Durrett ’98.

He admits, "A lot of TCU fans think I’m the devil." Devil or not, he does actually root for TCU win. His explanation: “I’ve lived in Texas and Fort Worth longer than I’ve lived anywhere else. I’ve seen the impact of TCU being successful. I live right next to the school. My home’s property value has gone up significantly and I know why. It’s because the football team is winning.”

For the cynics, he wasn't saying he backs TCU because it's good for his property value. He was saying it's good for Fort Worth, using his property value as a personal example. He also says that, as a sports journalist, he can't afford to openly bleed purple like other TCU fans and alums.

Fair enough, but it's still obvious that he goes out of his way to irritate TCU backers with lots of snide snark, back-handed compliments ("You don't sweat much for a fat girl"), and manufactured controversy (molehills = mountains). But that's modern Journalism 101: Sensationalize and antagonize to create outrage, draw attention, and increase circulation/page views.

Journalism lost just about all it's integrity and credibility from the 1990s to present. That's when the news media moved from being an observer/reporter of politics and the culture wars to being an active participant/advocate. It's why people no longer trust the media. In just about every confidence poll, the news media ranks well below even Congress in trustworthiness. Congress should be grateful to the media the way Mississippi should be grateful to Louisiana -- it saves them from being dead-last in just about everything.
MLA, that's funny. You can get a Master's degree in that crap?

I hope my tax dollars aren't paying for some millenial's loans for junk like that.

Trade school certs are better than degrees in LA. Yes, I just said that AND I have a son majoring in Psychology (which isn't much better). That degree and a dollar won't buy a small coffee.

I do agree about journalism losing any credibility that they had "back in the day".

screetch

What did I say, that was so wrong? I'm not promoting or endorsing rape. I'm not saying rape is enjoyed by the other party. I'm saying loose women live in Lubbock.

Your post implies that any girl who attends Tech is essentially a Briles who would welcome any sexual advance by any member of the football team. It’s repulsive.