• The KillerFrogs

Worst column Mac has ever written

Zubaz

That he "would do this immediately", or that he thinks the issues surrounding Briles boil down to a PR hit that would "eventually recede" speaks volumes about Mac, and where he places the importance of winning relative to the importance of female safety on campus.

Muck is a moron. The potential NCAA “Show-Cause” he mentioned late in the article was enough to prevent that garbage idea from ever being published. Tech is not going to hire someone who could possibly get banned from coaching by the NCAA in a few months. That would set back that program for many, many years and even Tech isn’t desperate enough to take that gamble.

Horny4TCU

Tech actually might be a good spot for Briles.... Can't Rape the Willing. And we all know the morals in Lubbock are low.

frogxc

What matters more: You getting clicks by posting this thread, or Big Steaming Pile NOT getting clicks by you NOT posting this thread?

peacock

What matters more: You getting clicks by posting this thread, or Big Steaming Pile NOT getting clicks by you NOT posting this thread?
Fair point and I thought about whether I should post it....but in the end I felt this ridiculous column needed to called out! This is truly embarrassing for the FWST but apparently they don't care! Amon Carter has to be rolling over in his grave!

Horny4TCU

Repulsive and uncalled for
How? If the other party is willing, then it is consensual.

200w.webp

Opintel

Moderators
My wife really likes to sit with coffee and read yesterday's news - but I may have to kill the subscription. That rag just keeps getting worse. I keep feeling like I'm enabling hacks like muck and that lard ass who did the JFK piece (again).

This is all to get a rise and clicks.

Is Art Briles a heck of a coach, yes. But his success that he gets recognized for is because of his sleazy tactics and bending the rules. His teams can't win without some sort of performance enhancing substance which I believe was the root of all the rape issues with his players. Their personalities changing and the athletes going over the line. He was also paying players Stidham was one example.

He probably could do all that again in the protection of Lubbock. It almost cost Waco though. I can't believe his assistants have jobs but they do. How much integrity are they willing to surrender to bring in a Sandusky like individual but gets you wins?