• The KillerFrogs

Who Starts at Left Tackle?

Houston Frog

As I stated, OLSON has almost no starting experience. He has started 4 games in his career. DUNBAR has zero.

4 vs 0 in starting experience is the same as EVEN.

Especially when one player has had 4 years to win a starting spot and hasnt been able to, while the other player is bigger, more athletic, has more potential and is challenging for a starting spot as a soph.

I talked to someone close to the program too. He said all the nonsensical talk (that fans are eating with a spoon) was just to light a fire under JD.

Ohhhh....and by the way.......sitting on the bench isnt "experience" !!!! Hilarious !!

I guarantee you that the lineman I talked to wasn't feeding me coach-speak, we were drinking beers together all day and he wasn't holding back opinions on other players. He was going by what he saw in practice, and to him, it wasn't even a question that Olson would be a starter (if healthy of course).

Whether he ends up at LT or RT remains to be seen, but he seemed to think Olson would end up at left.

jake102

I guarantee you that the lineman I talked to wasn't feeding me coach-speak, we were drinking beers together all day and he wasn't holding back opinions on other players. He was going by what he saw in practice, and to him, it wasn't even a question that Olson would be a starter (if healthy of course).

Whether he ends up at LT or RT remains to be seen, but he seemed to think Olson would end up at left.

Any other news of interest you got from this conversation? How does Pachall and the O-Line mix?

FrogsMcGee

How about you leave NOW and if you win you get to come back in Sept or Oct ?

That is the deal I like !!!!

I see what you did there. Meow.

I will not to come back until the season starts, if you agree to my terms of the bet. So looking forward to either your acceptance of this bet or your continued cowardice.

FeistyFrog

Sir FeistyFrog
Flying to California & Colorodo to recurit O-Linemen leads you to believe they have a tackle all lined up?

I believe they have one of their spots sewn up, yes. Why are you so negative about everything? The kid in Co is one of the top 5 OTs in the country and Boyster probably the best C, so it's not like they are digging under the surface all over the country for players. Estelle, Dunker & Starts are also highly rated and some of the best in the country.

They are taking some shots on a national level, but yes I think they feel secure enough to be able to take those shots and lose, yet still have someone securely in the hole. They know they are longshots on those players.

AggieAngst

And I guarantee you that the guy I talked to said DUNBAR does things OLSON can only dream of doing.

And the guy I talked to said when DUNBAR looked good his "good" was far far better than OLSON's "good".

Lots of "coachspeak" came out of Spring Ball. You ate it HOOK LINE and SINKER. Thats OK. Thats what sofa fans do. No problem.

But any moron here is nuts, who thinks starting 4 games in 5 yrs gives OLSON a leg up on the competition. I think it is actually a NEGATIVE !! To me, it merely indicates his talent level. And the one YAHOO here who said OLSON has "game experience" in 19 games (blowout wins where he and the rest of the 3rd string went in to do mop up duty) is even more nutz !!

GUARANTEE:

DUNBAR
and
HORN

are the starting TACKLES this season.
(olson will be the backup - as he has been for yrs)

AggieAngst

HOORAY !! Bye now !! See you in Sept (if you win) !! Say hi to BOTTOM FROG when you see him !!

Blahahahahhahahaaaa ~~

I see what you did there. Meow.

I will not to come back until the season starts, if you agree to my terms of the bet. So looking forward to either your acceptance of this bet or your continued cowardice.

West Coast Johnny

I believe they have one of their spots sewn up, yes. Why are you so negative about everything? The kid in Co is one of the top 5 OTs in the country and Boyster probably the best C, so it's not like they are digging under the surface all over the country for players. Estelle, Dunker & Starts are also highly rated and some of the best in the country.

They are taking some shots on a national level, but yes I think they feel secure enough to be able to take those shots and lose, yet still have someone securely in the hole. They know they are longshots on those players.
You have yet to explain why you think they have a tackle lined up. You point out that they've offered high level recruits around the country. And this leads you to believe they have an o-tackle lined up? Why?

FrogsMcGee

Interesting how you forgot to highlight the rest of that sentance, and you have clearly selected the cowardice option. I see above that you guaranty that Dunbar and Horn are the starters, yet why aren't you willing to back up that guaranty via my proposed bet? Not much of a guaranty.

All hat.

dmpinkstaff

My OLine source (not the same as Houston Frog's I'm sure) says Olson at LT and Horn at RT. Dunbar did not have as good of a spring as hoped but hopefully will push Olson by improving in the fall workouts.

Just what I have been told by an O Line guy.

Go Frogs!!

Gunner

GP gave a starting lineup to Tex Football Mag and Dunbar was the left tackle, Olson at right. And I bet that is what happens. Horn is a mean sucker and he might make a move.

If for some reason Dunbar didn't come thru, likely see Olson at left tackle and Horn at right.

This, from somebody who knows nothing', just watchin'.

Gunner

One thing Angst, a question.

How is it, in your description of "fat and slow", that "slow" helps in the running game. I don't get that. If you are fat, yea, I could see that helping bodily moving people. But if you are slow to block, that couldn't help squat!

Gunner

There will be a clew if we got Dunbar straightened out. Or whomever starts at left tackle.

If Logan Brock(TE) lines up next to the left tackle alot, that might mean he needs help. And that would not be a good sign... Will be watchin'.....

SnoSki

Lots of "coachspeak" came out of Spring Ball. You ate it HOOK LINE and SINKER. Thats OK. Thats what sofa fans do. No problem.

Sofa fans?
What.png

illini_frog

Call me crazy, but a guy who started against Utah and Air Force seems pretty solid to me as opposed to Dunbar, who "provided depth on the offensive line."

MidlandFrog

I agree with everyone that tackle is a concern, but I would like to point out two things:
1. For someone who is supposedly so concerned about tackle, Patterson sure seems to be calm about recruiting them. He is only going after top prospects, which tells me he us pleased with what he has now.
2. We won't run into an elite Defense until Boise, so it's not like we need our tackles to be elite from day one. If they are just good we should still run over our competition. SMU is the only one with a half decent line until Boise.

Have faith Frog Nation. GP has it under control

dmpinkstaff

Any other news of interest you got from this conversation? How does Pachall and the O-Line mix?
Apparently getting along quite well. CP made a concerted effort to befriend the OLine guys over spring and into summer. Also heard he talked pretty deep with them about being focused on football and avoiding the party scene. Hope it's true.

GP gave a starting lineup to Tex Football Mag and Dunbar was the left tackle, Olson at right. And I bet that is what happens. Horn is a mean sucker and he might make a move.

If for some reason Dunbar didn't come thru, likely see Olson at left tackle and Horn at right.

This, from somebody who knows nothing', just watchin'.

DCTF used the spring depth chart. Horn played RT with the 1s the whole spring game. He gave up his first and only sack of spring ball in the spring game (Maponga I think). Word is that the right side is his at this time. Think we see Dunbar and Olson at LT but job is Olson's to lose at this point. That's what I have been told.

Go Frogs!

Latest posts