• The KillerFrogs

Who Starts at Left Tackle?

Genbukan

I lean to Olson. Dunbar is going to be fine but he is coming from a very, very small high school and it's not inconceivable that he just needs another year of weights and practice on technique. He's still got the potential to play on sunday's. Olson is steady, if unspectacular.

I think we see Horn at right tackle. He's huge and he's nasty.

Burner1

Tier 1
I vote for Spencer Thompson. He's a senior, has played all positions on the line, has adequate size, always hustles, did well when some starters were hurt last year. Move him out to LT, play Olson at RT, give the sophomores another year to develop. Backup guard could be Trev Jones or Michael Thompson.

AggieAngst

Very interesting !! The guy I talked to said they are leaning towards DUNBAR since he has more future potential than OLSON !!
(Olson is a senior with zero potential after this year, Dunbar is a soph with tons of potential this year and for the next two yrs after that. Dunbar is also much bigger, has longer arms, is more athletic, and has more upside)

Talking to the watergirls and cheerleaders doesnt really count, Mr Houston !!

The other day I talked to someone who would know, and he said it would most likely be Olson

Gunner

Angst is as usual, full of it. All he will be talking come Sept, is Dwight Smith, assuming he gets his grades straight.

Dunbar will likely start at left tackle. Olson was the starter at right tackle coming out of last spring. He will start at right tackle this year. It is true Horn has a nasty streak.

AggieAngst

[font="arial][size="2"]Waaaay waaaaaay waaaaaaay out to lunch !!!! [/size][/font]
[font="arial] [/font]
[font="arial] [/font][font="arial][size="2"]ST wont start all year long. He is now a GUARD, in case you didnt know. GUARDS dont play tackle. That is why we call them "GUARDS".[/size][/font]
[font="arial] [/font]
[font="arial] [/font][font="arial][size="2"]OLSON may not start either. Looks to me like DUNBAR is going to beat him out. OLSON will be 2nd string. [/size][/font]
[font="arial] [/font]
[font="arial] [/font][font="arial][size="2"]MIKE THOMPSON is a center. Centers dont play GUARD. That is why we call them "CENTERS" !![/size][/font]
[font="arial] [/font]
[font="arial] [/font][font="arial][size="2"]Trev Jones aint a starter and wont be this year. WIth the talent coming in, he will have to work very hard to keep his 2nd string spot, or he may drop.[/size][/font]

[font="arial][/font][size="3"]
[/size][font="arial] [/font][font="arial] [/font][font="arial][size="2"]OL STARTERS AFTER FALL CAMP[/size][/font]
[font="arial][size="2"]
[/size][/font]
[font="arial] [/font][font="arial][size="2"]DUNBAR soph (backup - olson / wellington)[/size][/font]
[font="arial] [/font][font="arial][size="2"]FOLTZ jr (backup - spencer thompson / brady foltz)[/size][/font]
[font="arial] [/font][font="arial][size="2"]FRY soph (backup -mike thompson / tausch)[/size][/font]
[font="arial] [/font][font="arial][size="2"]DOOLEY sr (backup - wooldridge / naff) [/size][/font]
[font="arial] [/font][font="arial][size="2"]HORN so (backup - trev jones / bobby thompson) [/size][/font]

[/size][font="arial] [/font][font="arial] [/font][font="arial][size="2"]Tcu is going to have a KILLER OLine in 2012 when they join the Big East. And with the RBs coming in, and Waymon James maturing by then, the RBs will be great ! And at WR, with LaDarious Brown and Brandon Carter and Cam White and Porter and Listenbee all coming in, the WRs will be spectacular in 2012 also. If QB Casey Pachall is a really good QB by 2012, Tcu will have one of the best offenses in the nation in 2012, when they join the new conf. [/size][/font]

[/size][font="arial] [/font][font="arial] [/font][font="arial][size="2"]On defense, Tcu just had one of the Top 5 Def Tackle classes in the nation in last years class. With DT Lewis, DT Hunter, DT Pierson, DT Hunt, and DT David Johnson, the DT spot will be SEC quality !! At DE if both current 4 star DE recruits - FIELDS and McFARLAND stay with Tcu and sign their letters, Tcu will have one of the best DLInes at any college in the country. [/size][/font][font="arial][size="2"]LB will be great - as usual - with newbies Gildon, Mallett, Terry, Sanders and some other bigtime LB recruit for this years class - yet to be named. [/size][/font][font="arial][size="2"]DBs are looking incredibly good thus far. If this kind of recruiting continues, no team in the Big East will be able to compete with Tcu, and Tcu will easily take the Big East title in their very first year in the league !![/size][/font]
[font="arial] [/font]
[font="arial] [/font][font="arial] [/font][font="arial][size="2"]&nbsp;&nbsp;<br></i><br>
<br>I vote for Spencer Thompson. He's a senior, has played all positions on the line, has adequate size, always hustles, did well when some starters were hurt last year. Move him out to LT, play Olson at RT, give the sophomores another year to develop. Backup guard could be Trev Jones or Michael Thompson.<br>
[/size][/font]

maximilian

Angst, I commend you for your restraint on the Caps Lock.

keyboard-caps-lock-ruinlife.jpg

Houston Frog

Well, the guy I talked to will be starting on the OL this season, and he said it is likely Olson at LT this year. I was hoping for Dunbar to be the guy there as well, but he didn't think that was the case.

His guess for RT was Horn

DaCrief

My ps3 has Olson starting at LT. My ps3 is NEVER wrong. You are all welcome for te inside info I just provided. Love me and admire me, please.

Latest posts