• The KillerFrogs

We better not get screwed out of the Texas Bowl

LeagueCityFrog

As they say, people vote with their dollar, and if there are more crickets than Frog fans in attendance to this Dec 26th game at a baseball stadium then I hope our new AD learns from this for future decisions and doesn't get steam rolled if that is what happened today. He had to cringe before he sent out that Cheez-It bowl hype tweet today. The fanbase obviously didn't get a say today in the decision room, but their thoughts will be seen on December 26th on TV is my gut feeling.

Moose Stuff

Don't care. Won't go to the game, won't even watch the game since its on Dec 26. Hope we sit every sophomore and junior who has experience and we need for next year (Bethley, Reagor, Gladney, Niang, etc etc) and play every senior and non-RS freshmen. Let the kids party as hard as they want, maybe win, maybe get destroyed, doesn't matter.

Use the practices to get better for next year and recruit DEs.

I bet you watch.

As they say, people vote with their dollar, and if there are more crickets than Frog fans in attendance to this Dec 26th game at a baseball stadium then I hope our new AD learns from this for future decisions and doesn't get steam rolled if that is what happened today. He had to cringe before he sent out that Cheez-It bowl hype tweet today. The fanbase obviously didn't get a say today in the decision room, but their thoughts will be seen on December 26th on TV is my gut feeling.
Well said, I think AD got rolled or didn't sell TCU enough. As it stands today TCU was the least attractive option to the Big 12 bowl partners. Baylor/OSU were deemed more attractive than TCU and that's really hard to stomach. The AD dropped ball in making case why TCU should have been the most attractive option but instead we got picked last.

ShreveFrog

Thinking about it, happy that the Frogs can get outta Texas for a change and can enjoy the sun (hopefully) over Christmas. Mizzou would've been a decent opponent, but Cal's not bad. Better than Vandy. But go Vandy! Schiess Baylor!

JugbandFrog

T
Well said, I think AD got rolled or didn't sell TCU enough. As it stands today TCU was the least attractive option to the Big 12 bowl partners. Baylor/OSU were deemed more attractive than TCU and that's really hard to stomach. The AD dropped ball in making case why TCU should have been the most attractive option but instead we got picked last.
this

Pharm Frog

But even if they didn't want Phoenix and even if Houston is some kind of preferred destination then I'm not sure why you feel like 6-6 TCU is entitled to anything over other 6-6 teams. If you want a "better" bowl then win more games.

I think there’s an equally strong argument to be made that the Frogs won the exact games they needed to in order get a higher order bowl. And given that the bowls can invite whoever they want regardless of W-L record, there’s now no guarantee a 7-5 Frog team wouldn’t have played in Tempe too.

LeagueCityFrog

Like I said earlier, I'm pretty sure Coach P picked his opponent here and our TCU football team better not come out flat and lose to Cal and this whole December 26th fiasco blows up in our face. This is no different than Saban today telling the committee today that he wanted to play his CFP bowl game vs OU in Miami instead of Arlington despite the Cotton Bowl traditionally having Big XII and SEC matchups. Big time coaches can dictate how this are going to be, my gut says there is one big exception and that is CDC telling Herman down in Austin what's up and not the other way around. I'm sure Coach P laid the ground rules early of who runs TCU athletics and which sport writes the checks, hence the Cheez-It brand coming permanently to an Amon Carter stadium soon. What a deal for Cheez-it! Mattress Mack and Gallery Furniture sign says welcome to the Carter brother.

Putt4Purple

Hard to blame the AD and putting TCU as a marketing liability. Did you not see the football team this year? Yes inexperience and injuries hurt the frogs but to simply blame the AD for a Bowl game YOU do not like is petty in my opinion. The frogs looked bad this year and were fortunate to make a Bowl game. Period!

Moose Stuff

Like I said earlier, I'm pretty sure Coach P picked his opponent here and our TCU football team better not come out flat and lose to Cal and this whole December 26th fiasco blows up in our face. This is no different than Saban today telling the committee today that he wanted to play his CFP bowl game vs OU in Miami instead of Arlington despite the Cotton Bowl traditionally having Big XII and SEC matchups. Big time coaches can dictate how this are going to be, my gut says there is one big exception and that is CDC telling Herman down in Austin what's up and not the other way around. I'm sure Coach P laid the ground rules early of who runs TCU athletics and which sport writes the checks, hence the Cheez-It brand coming permanently to an Amon Carter stadium soon. What a deal for Cheez-it! Mattress Mack and Gallery Furniture sign says welcome to the Carter brother.

I’m not gonna argue with any of this as you’re entitled to the opinion and I have no way of knowing you aren’t right...... I’m just having a hard time figuring out why you and others are so worried about it. I don’t love the bowl, but whatever.

asleep003

Two more TCU football nuggets about this weak bowl decision. Gary, so far, is 0-2 in the desert in bowl games. The last time TCU went to Houston and played a bowl, we had a sophomore quarterback who somewhat struggled through the season. TCU won that bowl game, Gary took the mike during the trophy presentation and somewhat apologized for that season to the fans that were there and ended it saying," We are getting back to Frog Ball next year" and then dropped mike and went back to work. That game was the spring board to the Fiesta and Rose bowls the following two seasons. Just saying for you superstitious coaches out there.

Go Frogs.

Brilliant … ?%&#)*@?&^%

asleep003

Hard to blame the AD and putting TCU as a marketing liability. Did you not see the football team this year? Yes inexperience and injuries hurt the frogs but to simply blame the AD for a Bowl game YOU do not like is petty in my opinion. The frogs looked bad this year and were fortunate to make a Bowl game. Period!

Agree totally and they finished well, winning 3 of 4 of the last games on the schedule... 3 of which are going Bowling.