1. The KillerFrogs

We better not get screwed out of the Texas Bowl

Discussion in 'Scott Nix Frog Fan Forum' started by LVH, Nov 24, 2018.

1. We will have beaten both Baylor and Oklahoma State, the other 2 teams under consideration for it.

2. Who is a likely opponent

3. Bowl destination is irrelevant at this point. If we can manage to not get beat by 50 agains the Middle Eastern Mute Institute I’ll consider it a success

4. Ft worth bowl for us

5. Doesn’t seem like the bowl would want us TBH. Not gonna full up hotels. Gotta believe they’d rather have Baylor.

Salfrog likes this.
  6. I hear their QB can throw some bombs.

7. After seeing their atrocious fan attendance today in Arlington, one must wonder if they would still want Baylor. Although maybe they feel that was a holiday impacting attendance

Realtorfrog and ifrog like this.
  8. My main point is I wouldn’t think they’d want TCU. And vice versa.

Salfrog and Chongo94 like this.
  9. I would think that’s a given.

Moose Stuff likes this.
  10. With K State losing Big 12 won't fill enough slots for the Fort Worth bowl

11. OU
    UT
    ISU
    WV
    OSU
    TCU
    Baylor

Unless I’m missing a bowl game we have enough.

I guess UT beating OU could complicate it.

12. Texas Bowl is secsecsec, and their conference office places teams in every non-NY6 bowl. Meaning matchups they think they’ll win (like how they tried to tee up K-State for aggy and Texas for Mizzou recently). Oops. Worth mentioning that aggy said they didn’t want to play Tech one year, so the secsecsec sent LSU to in aggy’s place.

MTfrog5 likes this.
  13. We might get the Texas Bowl if OU sneaks into the playoff. Otherwise, no way.

Sugar-OU/Texas winner

Alamo - the loser

Camping World - WVu

Texas - Iowa State

Liberty looks likely

Tempe wouldn’t be awful (it’s early)- Cheez-it

Why stay home for Ft. Worth Armed Services Bowl

14. Sorry, but can someone with some objectivity explain where we might go?

Ron Swanson likes this.
  15. What's so special about the Texas Bowl that you want in there?

16. Easier to attend? Zero chance I’m going to Tempe day after Christmas.

17. So Vandy in Memphis at the Liberty Bowl?

Hmm

18. Basically, it’s likely the best venue, highest profile, best opponent and closest of the available bowl games for TCU.

Usually well attended due to SEC and Big 12 teams.

Would almost surely have the most TCU fans in attendance of any of the possible bowls.

stbrab and Spike like this.
  19. I just did

We might get the Texas Bowl if OU sneaks into the playoff. Otherwise, no way.

Sugar-OU/Texas winner

Alamo - the loser

Camping World - WVu

Texas - Iowa State

Liberty looks likely for TCU (great trip last time) but they may choose OKlaSt

Tempe wouldn’t be awful (it’s early)- Cheez-it - probably Oklahoma State.

Why stay home for Ft. Worth Armed Services Bowl? Baylor might win one in Ft. worth for a change

20. Purple Cavalier pretty much nailed it. There’s a selection order, the Bowls have their pick, and they don’t “have to” take the teams in order of finish. Depends on whether OU makes the playoff, but we’re probably looking at Liberty or Cheez-It.

Prince of Purpoole likes this.