1. The KillerFrogs

We better not get screwed out of the Texas Bowl

Discussion in 'Scott Nix Frog Fan Forum' started by LVH, Nov 24, 2018.

1. We are a bad football team. Nothing about this game on paper says we should destroy this team. We are very similar teams and I expect a 13-10 type game.

2. You may need to understand how they've used the word "sold" to see the real truth.

The 50 thousand is likely includes the number of tickets that have been "given" to sponsors (as a part of their advertising packages) as well as the "required to sell" allocation of participating teams (10K each?).

No way have they actually sold 50K seats at retail before the matchup is announced.

3. agreed, but even if they have "given away" 50,000 tickets that leaves only roughly 10,000 per team and more importantly would indicate that they aren't as concerned about the teams as some want to believe.

in either case the texas bowl ends up with two private school teams who don't exactly have national appeal.

4. I guess it depends on how you define the word appeal. I think the whole nation is united in rooting against Baylor, so it could possibly drive up ratings as the whole country pulls together in unity to cheer on the Commodores

5. One of them doesn’t even have local appeal in their home city.

6. Ranked behind a number of 3 loss teams, in addition there has been significant talk about just how good ND really is or isn’t.

7. I’m honestly not really sure what you’re saying here, you don’t seem to be responding to my comment. ???