• The KillerFrogs

Waymon is out for the year

sandiegojack

Sucks if true. I hate to say it, especially knowing that the situation with Wesley was what it was, but thought a lot of people on here were being a bit too cavalier about his not being on the roster.

Purple Daze

Man, that is a huge blow for TCU....huge. Talk about rough off season and now big blow to the offense in season. Feel for Waymon...

Waymon wins games for TCU...this is going to take a toll on the offense...hope someone can step it up...Tucker is fantastic, top RB, but he can't do it alone not in this long of a season in a new Big 12 environment...

If TCU starts losing because of all the losses in personnel, hope the fans realize TCU will be 100% better than this intro year next season, injuries has slowed TCU down.

Talking like we are already done which TCU is not by any sense esp. since we have unbelievable coaches and still some unbelievable athletes, but we have been hit hard on athletes lost and our depth is thin. Waymon James is a change maker, he alone wins games for TCU, he makes that much of a difference in the run game. I'll be at every game cheering hard I hope our fan base continues to do the same no matter if we go 12-0 or 2-10.

You've kind of put into words my own thoughts about the overall season-team. To think about what we left the Poinsettia Bowl with, what we thought would be lining up in our inaugural Big 12 season and comparing it to reality is pretty humbling. WJ is as important to this team as anybody save, maybe Pachall.

Not saying it cant' happen and I really, really hope somebody steps into his role and proves me dead wrong but I haven't seen evidence by any of the other candidates that can effectively shoulder the kind of load WJ carried and excelled at. And just 4-5 months ago we thought that the three pronged running attack of past years was a strength of the team and one of the best RB units in the country and now we have just one left. It's really depressing. Hoping a new star is born by the unfortunate opportunity presented.

Thanks WJ, get well!

TCUGent

Matthew Tucker said at the press conference today he expects to see Waymon James play on Saturday. Patterson said James is a game-time decision. Not sure who these other sources are this board is referring to, but I'll trust GMFP and the guy who splits snaps with him first.

TxFrog1999

The Man Behind The Curtain
I'm not discounting the possibility that the OP knows the James family or that Maniac isn't hearing rumors of this on campus, but I find it very odd that Patterson would state that Waymon is a game-time decision today during a press conference and both local papers within the last couple of hours have published reports confirming the same, if he's really done for the year. Has Coach Patterson ever done this with an injury in the past?

tcumaniac

I'm not discounting the possibility that the OP knows the James family or that Maniac isn't hearing rumors of this on campus, but I find it very odd that Patterson would state that Waymon is a game-time decision today during a press conference and both local papers within the last couple of hours have published reports confirming the same, if he's really done for the year. Has Coach Patterson ever done this with an injury in the past?

my guess is that they didn't know yet? takes a bit of time to decide an MRI is needed and then to get the results back

Scott

"KillerFrogs.com....your source for TCU SPORTS"
Matthew Tucker said at the press conference today he expects to see Waymon James play on Saturday. Patterson said James is a game-time decision. Not sure who these other sources are this board is referring to, but I'll trust GMFP and the guy who splits snaps with him first.

Hope you are correct!

BoondocksFrog

They didn't have the MRI results until tonight. CGP said game time decision because he didn't want it to sound serious if it ended up being a minor injury.

TxFrog1999

The Man Behind The Curtain
my guess is that they didn't know yet? takes a bit of time to decide an MRI is needed and then to get the results back

That is the only thing I can think of as well, but I would think our amazing sport medicine folks had James checked out first thing Monday with results back by this morning.

frogbyproxy

http://www.star-telegram.com/2012/09/16/4264281/tcu-loses-grip-on-poll-position.html

James update
Running back Waymon James, who rushed for a team-high 99 yards at Kansas, did not practice Sunday because of a knee injury sustained in the game. Gary Patterson said he did not know the severity of the injury as of Sunday afternoon. James did rush three times on the Frogs' second-to-last series Saturday.
"I won't tell Virginia one way or the other," Patterson said.

Read more here: http://www.star-telegram.com/2012/09/16/4264281/tcu-loses-grip-on-poll-position.html#storylink=cpy​