• The KillerFrogs

Waymon is out for the year

asleep003

The LA Times had a 5 paragraph piece of WJ's injury in Page 4, with a sizeable headline. With
5-6 rushes this week and 6-7 against SMU, Catalon could give us a fare share of that WJ explosiveness we might other wise miss the rest of the season, in B12 ball ... however Tucker has given us plenty of big play runs over the years and hope Dean can also give us those Tucker type slashing runs when he's in the game.

Cheers !

EdKamen

It's not a question of will Catalon and Dean step up. They HAVE TO.

Except for Pachall and Cain, I think James was the most important player TCU had. I think last year he was better than Wesley. He is a bull inside but with breakaway quickness. Tucker is tough inside, but has a habit of tip-toeing through openings and is not a breakaway runner.

I think Dean and Catalon will be good. How good remains to be seen.

EdKamen

One other note:

I love Tucker. He's improved every year and will have some big runs for the Frogs. I just think he needs the complimentary backs around him to make him effective. I don't want to see him carrying 15 times a game.

jake102

One other note:

I love Tucker. He's improved every year and will have some big runs for the Frogs. I just think he needs the complimentary backs around him to make him effective. I don't want to see him carrying 15 times a game.

He needs to hold onto the ball. He had a couple fumbles last year and already has one this year.

EdKamen

I'm not too worried about fumbles. I doubt he's ever had more than two a year. Wesley I worried about.

Anybody have the stats on fumbles the last couple of years?

asleep003

Edkamen ... Tucker has not improved every year

Tucker has been great all along... shareing equally with EW and WJ last year in carries. Plus the only reason he had less ypc the past 2 years, was due to his more frequent use than the other 2 in short yardage downs. His FRHS year in 2009, when he led the team in ypc(6.4),the Sr. Turner was the short yardage guy.

He had a couple of fumbles his soph/2010 year, which cut his CPG back the last part of that season, except when EW went down early in SDSU game and Tucker had 22 carries for a 131 yards. The last 3 seasons... never felt our offense less than, when Tucker was in... at any time.

Since we've averaged over 30 RB carries per game the past 3 years... are you sure you "don't want to see him carrying 15 times a game"; so 12-13 only.?. Then, how do you want to split the other 18 to 20 carries. For now, until we see what we have with Dean and Catalon ... 15 to 20 carries for Tucker is my guess, plus he's always been a very good reciever and the best blocker in the backfield.

Cheers !