• The KillerFrogs

Visitor Here

WVU_19

Hey everyone,

So, some friends and I just booked a last minute trip to TCU for this weekend. Really excited to visit a new Big 12 campus. Was wondering if you guys had any recommendations on some places to eat, things to see, etc? Any tailgating info we should know? We are flying in Friday evening and leaving Sunday, so we have a little bit of time to check things out. I know we are definitely going to Game Day Saturday morning, so I'm excited to see the signs in person, haha. Appreciate any and all info in advance. Heres to a good game Saturday afternoon.

TxFrog1999

The Man Behind The Curtain
Hey everyone,

So, some friends and I just booked a last minute trip to TCU for this weekend. Really excited to visit a new Big 12 campus. Was wondering if you guys had any recommendations on some places to eat, things to see, etc? Any tailgating info we should know? We are flying in Friday evening and leaving Sunday, so we have a little bit of time to check things out. I know we are definitely going to Game Day Saturday morning, so I'm excited to see the signs in person, haha. Appreciate any and all info in advance. Heres to a good game Saturday afternoon.

Depends on what you like. The cultural district has a lot of great things to experience, from the Cowgirl, Kimbell Art and Amon Carter Museums, to the Museum of Science and Natural History and the Botanical Gardens. Of course the Stockyards are always a popular destination for out-of-town folk and locals alike. Food, like Troll mentioned, includes some of the best BBQ in Texas, from Railhead to Heim, or hit up Del Frisco's downtown if you want a fantastic, but pricey evening. Definitely enjoy Sundance square in the evening where you can grab a cigar at Silver Leaf, enjoy a beer or 100 at the Flying Saucer, listen to some great live music, and drown your sorrows in as much chocolate as you can eat at Schakolad.

Ray Finkle

Billy Bob's Texas in The Stockyards has Tanya Tucker in concert on Friday night and Scotty McCreery in concert on Saturday. Grab dinner at H3 Ranch, Cattlemen's, or one of the Riscky's and catch a show. Joe T. Garcia's is a Fort Worth staple but most will admit it's more about the ambiance and margaritas than the food.

tcumaniac

Lili's Bistro is a favorite of mine. It's off of Magnolia St which is less than 10 minutes from campus and is a really happening food area. Kind of between TCU and downtown. Lilis is a little bit of a nicer setting at night. Get the House Burger. Absolutely to die for.

Also on Magnolia is Heim BBQ. Best BBQ in town. Bacon Burnt Ends are a must try, but too rich to be your entire meal.

As far as on campus eating, Pizza Snob for pizza, Dutchs for burgers, and Buffalo Bros for wings. Would recommend Dutchs or Snob out of those 3.

West 7th Street area is the best place for bar scene. Endless amount of bars all really close together. Will be packed on Friday and Saturday night. 5 to 10 minutes from campus as well.

satis1103

DAOTONPYH EHT LIAH LLA
Greetings. Hope your time in Funkytown is great except for the 'eers loss.

Downtown FW was rated the #1 downtown in America for nightlife and entertainment. Take advantage of this. Walk around and try places out.

Edit - previously-mentioned Sundance Square is the heart of Downtown Fort Worth

TCUdirtbag

If the “19” in your name indicates class of 19, ignore the old dudes on here.

Drink Friday/Saturday night off W 7th (East of University, South of and along 7th, North of Lancaster, West of and along Foch). Tons of bars. Plenty with TVs to catch others gsmes. This is the area most TCU students go out. If you like burgers, Rodeo Goat in there is awesome. Downtown has some good bars. It’s an older/less educated (read: Denton) crowd. If you have time to blow it’s fine to visit - when I was a student we went out downtown before W 7th built up. Demo has changed since. Downtown is awesome but ignore you’re an undergrad it’s probably not your night scene. You might check the Billy Bob’s concert calendar for Saturday night. Otherwise the stockyards blow with olds and tourists.

If you want a bite by campus - Dutch’s on university or Fuzzy’s tacos (the original) on Berry.

Uber is easy - no need to rent a car most likely. Designated pick up on Cantey St on TCU’s campus.

Best BBQ is on Magnolia - Heim. Everything is good. Order a side of bacon burnt ends.

If you’re doing breakfast Sunday - early or late - ol south is the greasy spoon type place and torchys tacos is a regional chain that has great breakfast tacos and a full bar. There are plenty of true brunch places too if that’s your thing.

If you want to drink local - TX Whiskey and TX Bourbon; Rahr, Martin House and Wild Acre beer.

Protip - stay out of dallas.

Last edited:

TCURiggs

Billy Bob's Texas in The Stockyards has Tanya Tucker in concert on Friday night and Scotty McCreery in concert on Saturday. Grab dinner at H3 Ranch, Cattlemen's, or one of the Riscky's and catch a show. Joe T. Garcia's is a Fort Worth staple but most will admit it's more about the ambiance and margaritas than the food.

Isn't Scotty McCreery that young fella that looks like Westsider's avatar?

(Google told me I was right)

newman1-490x270.jpg

Scotty%20McCreery%20Mad%20Cover.jpg

I'd rather see Tanya Tucker.

Welcome! Enjoy Fort Worth. It's a special place.

My advice: Take a look at the places above and soon below and look them up on Trip Advisor and see if they fit your fancy. If not, there's plenty to do. Just ask around when you get here and the Fort Worth community will treat you as one of their own!

TCURiggs

Good suggestions in here but I'd suggest Buffalo Bros over Dutch's by campus, unless you're specifically wanting a good burger. Great place to grab some good pizza/wings and drinks, with lots of TVs. Swing by The Pub next door for more of a dive bar setting, although I haven't been in since they remodeled a month or two ago.

Horned Toad

If the “19” in your name indicates class of 19, ignore the old dudes on here.

Drink Friday/Saturday night off W 7th (East of University, South of and along 7th, North of Lancaster, West of and along Foch). Tons of bars. Plenty with TVs to catch others gsmes. This is the area most TCU students go out. If you like burgers, Rodeo Goat in there is awesome. Downtown has some good bars. It’s an older/less educated (read: Denton) crowd. If you have time to blow it’s fine to visit - when I was a student we went out downtown before W 7th built up. Demo has changed since. Downtown is awesome but ignore you’re an undergrad it’s probably not your night scene. You might check the Billy Bob’s concert calendar for Saturday night. Otherwise the stockyards blow with olds and tourists.

If you want a bite by campus - Dutch’s on university or Fuzzy’s tacos (the original) on Berry.

Uber is easy - no need to rent a car most likely. Designated pick up on Cantey St on TCU’s campus.

Best BBQ is on Magnolia - Heim. Everything is good. Order a side of bacon burnt ends.

If you’re doing breakfast Sunday - early or late - ol south is the greasy spoon type place and torchys tacos is a regional chain that has great breakfast tacos and a full bar. There are plenty of true brunch places too if that’s your thing.

If you want to drink local - TX Whiskey and TX Bourbon; Rahr, Martin House and Wild Acre beer.

Protip - stay tf out of dallas.
Hey Dirt, WTH about trashing the olds’s? We party on W 7th too, frequently and Heim’s is definitely the best BBQ period and we love Torchy’s, but Fuzzy’s blows, go to Salsa Limon! Get off my lawn! (JK)