• The KillerFrogs

Visitor Here

Peacefrog

Degenerate
If the 19 indicates his graduation year, he’ll need a very good fake id for those places.
Making the big assumption he went to school on a regular track - without being held back or being the only 23 year old in 4th grade.

Enjoy your time in FW, western Virginia person. And remember, as you stand in line for Heim, it's Fort Worth tradition to always let anyone wearing a TCU shirt to step ahead of you in line. We have good manners.

Dogfrog

Hey Dirt, WTH about trashing the olds’s? We party on W 7th too, frequently and Heim’s is definitely the best BBQ period and we love Torchy’s, but Fuzzy’s blows, go to Salsa Limon! Get off my lawn! (JK)

Most people who use the term olds are middle aged. Makes em feel good. Also there are fun bars for all ages on the less touristy west side of the stockyards. Nothing closer to a sure thing than western dance club, young and old. Rodeo Exchange, Longhorn saloon, Basement Bar, etc.

netty2424

Ha! I am actually a grad student at WVU, hence the 19. I graduated in May with my bachelors. Anyway, I would have totally brought some moonshine actually, but I don't think TSA would have been very happy with me haha. Next year if any of you guys come to Morgantown maybe you can try some.
If anyone can mule some shine, it's a hillbilly!

Jokes aside, I hope our fans treat you well and you enjoy your trip to Ft Worth! There's plenty of fun to be had, lots of cold buurrs, and hopefully some good football to watch. And by good football, I'm talking LHCGMFP teaching my second favorite Big12 coach in Holgo a few lessons.

Go Frogs!!

Frog-in-law1995

Most people who use the term olds are middle aged. Makes em feel good. Also there are fun bars for all ages on the less touristy west side of the stockyards. Nothing closer to a sure thing than western dance club, young and old. Rodeo Exchange, Longhorn saloon, Basement Bar, etc.

Nobody ever says Pearl’s. Which is just fine with me.

WVU_19

You are more than welcome to be my guest at Letterman's Tailgate. It's not your normal tailgate scene as it's inside. All you can eat BBQ and beer on tap. Message me if interested.

Thanks for the invite, Sand Frog! I am not sure what our tailgate plans look like just yet, but I will certainly let you know!

ifrog

Lili's Bistro is a favorite of mine. It's off of Magnolia St which is less than 10 minutes from campus and is a really happening food area. Kind of between TCU and downtown. Lilis is a little bit of a nicer setting at night. Get the House Burger. Absolutely to die for.

Also on Magnolia is Heim BBQ. Best BBQ in town. Bacon Burnt Ends are a must try, but too rich to be your entire meal.

As far as on campus eating, Pizza Snob for pizza, Dutchs for burgers, and Buffalo Bros for wings. Would recommend Dutchs or Snob out of those 3.

West 7th Street area is the best place for bar scene. Endless amount of bars all really close together. Will be packed on Friday and Saturday night. 5 to 10 minutes from campus as well.

I approve this message

SportsJunkie

If the “19” in your name indicates class of 19, ignore the old dudes on here.

Drink Friday/Saturday night off W 7th (East of University, South of and along 7th, North of Lancaster, West of and along Foch). Tons of bars. Plenty with TVs to catch others gsmes. This is the area most TCU students go out. If you like burgers, Rodeo Goat in there is awesome. Downtown has some good bars. It’s an older/less educated (read: Denton) crowd. If you have time to blow it’s fine to visit - when I was a student we went out downtown before W 7th built up. Demo has changed since. Downtown is awesome but ignore you’re an undergrad it’s probably not your night scene. You might check the Billy Bob’s concert calendar for Saturday night. Otherwise the stockyards blow with olds and tourists.

If you want a bite by campus - Dutch’s on university or Fuzzy’s tacos (the original) on Berry.

Uber is easy - no need to rent a car most likely. Designated pick up on Cantey St on TCU’s campus.

Best BBQ is on Magnolia - Heim. Everything is good. Order a side of bacon burnt ends.

If you’re doing breakfast Sunday - early or late - ol south is the greasy spoon type place and torchys tacos is a regional chain that has great breakfast tacos and a full bar. There are plenty of true brunch places too if that’s your thing.

If you want to drink local - TX Whiskey and TX Bourbon; Rahr, Martin House and Wild Acre beer.

Protip - stay out of dallas.

I second all of this.