• The KillerFrogs

USC and UCLA to the Big 10?

froggy

If true this is great for us. TV markets include 11, 16 and 30 I think. Coast to coast. We're #3 and no more PAC.
If they do this , then form some kind of allliance with acc to get a better deal maybe, and block any further action by big and sec

CountryFrog

...and block any further action by big and sec
Will Ferrell Reaction GIF

Eight

This is viable for those remaining out west. Clemson has proven that it can be done on a smaller budget.

The B12~B20 will be the first super conference. Scheduling could be 1-9-9 or 3-4-4-4-4. Probably the 1-9-9 because they would be able to package and sell more P4 conference games to ESPN plus. 1-9-9 would allow 1 rival every year and then a rotation of all other teams every other year so all teams would be played every 2 years. This would have better football top to bottom than the Big 10.

Pods

TCU
Baylor

Tech
Houston

Ok st
ISU

Kansas
K st

Utah
BYU

ASU
AU

WVU
UCF

CINN
CU

UO
Or St

UW
Wash St

go find an sec board to bother

vicarfrog

If they do this , then form some kind of allliance with acc to get a better deal maybe, and block any further action by big and sec

I like where you're going, but I think an alliance puts us on equal footing. Instead of an alliance with ACC, we basically do a "vassal treaty." They're kept alive, but they do our bidding, we get a slice of their pie, and we protect them. But break the treaty, and we will raid them until they become a G-5. I'm talking an old school style.

Death Reaction GIF

Palliative Care

The SEC and the B10 will not care what league you form. When they seek further expansion they will money in hand for whoever they please. Stability only comes when they max out their draws with the networks.

asleep003

Wouldn't be surprised if the Big 12 took the remaining 8 PAC12 teams, after the Ducks and the Huskys depart for the BIG.

That would give the Big12 the # 3 conference that could not be overlooked... while BIG and SEC carve up the ACC.

LisaLT

If the Clemson departs the ACC for the Big100, wouldn't it make sense for the Big 12 to consider Miami and Florida State?

I like the idea of taking the PAC 12 schools - AZ, ASU, CO and Utes. That makes sense geographically. That would be a force in basketball for sure.

McFroggin

Wouldn't be surprised if the Big 12 took the remaining 8 PAC12 teams, after the Ducks and the Huskys depart for the BIG.

That would give the Big12 the # 3 conference that could not be overlooked... while BIG and SEC carve up the ACC.
Sounds reasonable but we should pass on Wash State, Oregon State, and Cal. We can pick the top 3 from a broken ACC when it occurs.

asleep003

Would think/presume Miami a foregone conclusion for the SEC, as the 9th largest metro area in the US.

While Florida has a history of opposing any potential possibility of FSU in the SEC.

TCUdirtbag

Would think/presume Miami a foregone conclusion for the SEC, as the 9th largest metro area in the US.

While Florida has a history of opposing any potential possibility of FSU in the SEC.

What does Miami bring to the SEC that TCU doesn’t?

Don’t misunderstand me. I’m not saying TCU a has a shot. But the arguments against TCU (small, private, etc.) seem to apply to Miami, which like TCU may be in a major metro, but one that’s more dominated by the states’ distant but more popular public schools.

So no, I don’t see Miami as a foregone conclusion.

If the Clemson departs the ACC for the Big100, wouldn't it make sense for the Big 12 to consider Miami and Florida State?

I like the idea of taking the PAC 12 schools - AZ, ASU, CO and Utes. That makes sense geographically. That would be a force in basketball for sure.

If Clemson can get out then FSU and Miami will too. I really don't see any ACC option at this point.

But just speaking hypothetically...if the ACC can break up the GOR, I would think FSU, Clemson and Miami go to the SEC.

B1G would take UNC.

UVA, GT and Syracuse are possibilitiesfor B1G as just bc of academics but I would be surprised if they take any.

NCST might be an option for SEC.

Then, LV, VT and Pitt might be options for the Big 12.

Wake, BC, and Duke might be relegated to the AAC.

Bottom line is the ACC have a millstone around their necks and the B12 really can't sit around and wait for someone to figure out how to bust it up.

I think RN, the B12 has Cougar regret...Houston and BYU...we'll take them but they might get in the way of us getting better institutions.

Don’t misunderstand me. I’m not saying TCU a has a shot. But the arguments against TCU (small, private, etc.) seem to apply to Miami, which like TCU may be in a major metro, but one that’s more dominated by the states’ distant but more popular public schools.

Miami's biggest assets are FSU and UF. Funny how 10 years ago, no one in the SEC wanted any more intrastate members and now it's bring it on. Adding FSU as conference members gives Florida a permanent opening in the OOC which they can always use as a home game. Also makes the Miami/UF game an annual rivalry, something it's never been.

Finally, and maybe the biggest, all the SEC fans would love a trip to South Beach. Miami barely fills half their stadium...Bama, UGA, etc can easily bring 20k fans to every game.

Paul in uhh

If Clemson can get out then FSU and Miami will too. I really don't see any ACC option at this point.

But just speaking hypothetically...if the ACC can break up the GOR, I would think FSU, Clemson and Miami go to the SEC.

B1G would take UNC.

UVA, GT and Syracuse are possibilitiesfor B1G as just bc of academics but I would be surprised if they take any.

NCST might be an option for SEC.

Then, LV, VT and Pitt might be options for the Big 12.

Wake, BC, and Duke might be relegated to the AAC.

Bottom line is the ACC have a millstone around their necks and the B12 really can't sit around and wait for someone to figure out how to bust it up.

I think RN, the B12 has Cougar regret...Houston and BYU...we'll take them but they might get in the way of us getting better institutions.
I don’t see any way in which Florida allows FSU or Miami into the SEC, much like aggy and UT won’t let tech or TCU in.

There's so many potentially wild scenarios and I don't think any of them are beyond the scope of possibility. Could woke Cal just decide now's the time to get super woke and drop the barbaric, misogynistic, systematically racist sport of college football? Would Stanford follow suit? They'll play U of Chicago is some weird 3-way annual game for academic superiority.

Oregon St and Wazzoo would go to the MWC...man, what a crazy league that would be.

I can see WVU going to the remnants of the ACC and allowing B12 to take another decent school.

I can see the SEC paying Vandy half a billion to just go away. Same with Rutgers in B1G.

Almost every far-flung scenario makes at least some kind of sense.

What a time to be alive.

MAcFroggy

Miami is way more supported by local people in south Florida than tcu is in Fort Worth. It is not even close. Additionally, Miami has national/regional draw based on historic performance and their 20 years of elite level football.

This obviously coming from a die hard tcu fan