• The KillerFrogs

Update

Hemingway

https://www.mayoclinic.org/tests-procedures/hyperbaric-oxygen-therapy/about/pac-20394380

The Mayo Clinic site stays fairly up to date. I should have added carbon monoxide poisoning. The vision loss and hearing loss treatments are still up in the air based on what I hear from leaders in those areas.
The rest have to do with the things I mentioned.
All of the others are listed as insufficient evidence.
That is what I have seen over the years. The treatment looks really promising and a few studies come out in low end journals suggesting benefit. Then, the excitement fades as the treatment doesn’t turn out to be as advertised and people lose interest.
I’m not saying it doesn’t work, I’m just saying that most end up very disappointed by how it works out.

Respectfully, that’s not the place for hbot.
Try
http://www.assafh.org/sites/en/clinic/Hifrbaric/Pages/default.aspx

tcudoc

HBOT is not my area of expertise and you seem to have more information about it, so I will defer to you. My skepticism remains, however.

I should have also added High Altitude Pulmonary Edema to the very well accepted things it can treat.

**edit
I went back and looked at this site you referenced. It appears that they are a very large HBOT center. The leader of the group is well published, but typically in minor journals and his typical articles articulate the safety, not necessarily the efficacy of HBOT. He also has many reviews and letters to the editor defending HBOT as useful. I saw no evidence presented that his group has definitively shown that HBOT should be standard of care. It is all very speculative based on some very small studies and some unique ideas, but not a lot of meat to support these ideas. They may eventually make some meaningful discoveries and show tremendous efficacy, but nothing I saw on their website suggests that they are at that point currently. Clearly, they have invested a lot into these ideas and they are treating a lot of patients. However, they are treating patients that suffer from nebulous diseases that are difficult to measure as to whether or not they have real improvement or not. Even their randomized controlled trial that I saw was designed as a cross over study such that the control group was also treated with HBOT.
As they say, if you are a hammer, everything looks like a nail. If you have millions invested in HBOT, you will likely be looking for a whole lot of different diseases to treat with that investment of capital equipment.
Again, not saying I am a non-believer, just saying that I, along with many others, are skeptical until I can see much better data than what they have put forth. They have lots of good ideas and theories. Time will tell and I am glad they are pursuing it because there are so many bad problems that we don't have good treatments for. Their group seems like they are fixated on proving that it works. I hope they are able to do that. I don't see the evidence yet.

Last edited:

Hemingway

HBOT is not my area of expertise and you seem to have more information about it, so I will defer to you. My skepticism remains, however.

I should have also added High Altitude Pulmonary Edema to the very well accepted things it can treat.

**edit
I went back and looked at this site you referenced. It appears that they are a very large HBOT center. The leader of the group is well published, but typically in minor journals and his typical articles articulate the safety, not necessarily the efficacy of HBOT. He also has many reviews and letters to the editor defending HBOT as useful. I saw no evidence presented that his group has definitively shown that HBOT should be standard of care. It is all very speculative based on some very small studies and some unique ideas, but not a lot of meat to support these ideas. They may eventually make some meaningful discoveries and show tremendous efficacy, but nothing I saw on their website suggests that they are at that point currently. Clearly, they have invested a lot into these ideas and they are treating a lot of patients. However, they are treating patients that suffer from nebulous diseases that are difficult to measure as to whether or not they have real improvement or not. Even their randomized controlled trial that I saw was designed as a cross over study such that the control group was also treated with HBOT.
As they say, if you are a hammer, everything looks like a nail. If you have millions invested in HBOT, you will likely be looking for a whole lot of different diseases to treat with that investment of capital equipment.
Again, not saying I am a non-believer, just saying that I, along with many others, are skeptical until I can see much better data than what they have put forth. They have lots of good ideas and theories. Time will tell and I am glad they are pursuing it because there are so many bad problems that we don't have good treatments for. Their group seems like they are fixated on proving that it works. I hope they are able to do that. I don't see the evidence yet.

I believe that it has its place in polythearpy approach. I’ve listened to a couple of his lectures. He talked about the difficulties in getting published because it’s off the beaten path, not taught in med school. Insurance companies don’t want to pay for it as well.

The Department of Veteran Affairs is running the largest research project it now... because it’s helping with cognitive issues that vets are having after coming home. Many of them had a iq bump of 12-18 points.

In Denver they put kids undergoing radiation treatment in there because it helps reverse the oxidative damage caused by the radiation.

It’s doing some good things for the CNS. Which is damn hard to fix.
https://journals.plos.org/plosone/article/figures?id=10.1371/journal.pone.0079995

http://www.medlink.com/article/hyperbaric_oxygenation_for_the_treatment_of_stroke

Which paper did you look at on their website?

Last edited:

tcudoc

I believe that it has its place in polythearpy approach. I’ve listened to a couple of his lectures. He talked about the difficulties in getting published because it’s off the beaten path, not taught in med school. Insurance companies don’t want to pay for it as well.

The Department of Veteran Affairs is running the largest research project it now... because it’s helping with cognitive issues that vets are having after coming home. Many of them had a iq bump of 12-18 points.

In Denver they put kids undergoing radiation treatment in there because it helps reverse the oxidative damage caused by the radiation.

It’s doing some good things for the CNS. Which is damn hard to fix.
https://journals.plos.org/plosone/article/figures?id=10.1371/journal.pone.0079995

http://www.medlink.com/article/hyperbaric_oxygenation_for_the_treatment_of_stroke

Which paper did you look at on their website?
I looked him up on pubmed
Thanks for the info. I will look forward to hearing the progress in this field.

BABYFACE

Wes, have they put you on this treatment yet?

16077246_1021_1024x2000.jpg

dfwrr8

I’ve lurked this board for years (RR fan), saw this thread and felt compelled to join and share something that was posted/had a lot of traction on another football forum that could be a Hail Mary for you. It sounds crazy, but could be something worth trying. Lifting you with thoughts and prayers.

So today I was told by my oncologist at MD Anderson that I am the FIRST patient in their entire history to have small cell lung cancer metastasize throughout my entire body (I was covered in the cancer from head to toe in hundreds of tumors/lesions, including my neck, both lungs, stomach, liver, pancreas and my tailbone), that then went on to have 4 consecutive quarters of "all clear" PET scans.

Back story:

I was diagnosed with small cell lung cancer on Labor Day 2016. I missed the entire 2016 footballl season as I endured heavy chemo and radiation on my left lung where a tumor the size of my fist was there (and had no symptoms....found literally by accident). In the process, they caused pneumonia and the radiation angles (6 of them) all fried my esophagus. Instead of a feeding tube I decided to get hydration from IV and literally live off of my fat stores. Started at 190lbs and by the time my esophagus healed, I weighted 128bls and looked like I had escaped Auschwitz in WWII. (The people that saw me at last yr's extreme camp can attest to my brute strength 130lbs of skin on bones)

In January 2017, a PET scan showed the unthinkable. The small cell lung cancer had metastasized to my entire body. The survivability of widely metastatic small cell is 0%, with a median/mean survival of 3 months. I was literally sent home from MD Anderson in Houston and told there was nothing else they could do for me and I had less than 3 months to live.

The day after I returned to Edmond, Cowboy76 posted an innocuous and generic post on this very Corral forum that simply said, "If you have cancer or know someone who does, give me a shout, I have some interesting news". I've known David and his kids for years so I reached out to him.

He told me a story of a lady at Merck Animal Health (Vetmed division) doing cancer research on mice and discovering quite by accident that a decades old "off patent" animal (cattle, dogs, cats, goats, pigs, etc) dewormer was batting 1.000 in killing all kinds of cancers......and that the lady doing the research had been diagnosed with late stage brain cancer and decided to self prescribe the stuff to herself....and she was all clear a matter of 6-8 weeks later.

Dr. Dave shipped me a supply of the dog dewormer and, having just been told I had only 3 months to live, I started taking it to his suggested dosage. I started taking the dewormer in the 3rd week of January 2017.

Subsequently, My PET scan in first week of May 2017 (3.5 months later) showed that I was all clear. So did the scans in September 17 and January 2018. Today in Houston, my oncologist at MD Anderson walked in the room and said, "In January 2017, we kicked you out of here because there was nothing else we could do for you. Today I'm kicking you out of here because we only serve people with cancer here."

As a backdrop, MD Anderson is now convinced it was the dog dewormer. And I am the first patient in their history to survive the depth of what I had. And MD Anderson, Johns Hopkins and the Univ of Oklahoma all have research projects on the category of intestinal dewormers. MD Anderson and Univ of Oklahoma are directly related to my story.

And because my story has spread so far and wide, I am fielding approx 20 calls per week and have new success stories (so far 4 in all kinds of cancers), and I know Cowboy76 also has additional success stories other than me.

So, faith matters. Prayers matter. Positive thinking and attitude most definitely matter.

And whodathunkit!!!! I spent $1.2M at MD Anderson and was saved by a $5.00 per week OTC dog medicine recommended to me by an OSU grad large animal veterinarian in W. Oklahoma, and DISCOVERED by the bond of OSU fans getting together on-line to cuss and discuss OSU sports, non sports and politics on an open Orange forum called the Corral.

Thanks to Dr. David, Thanks for all of the prayers and I am determined to help as many people as possible hear this story. To that end, I am available to discuss.

Use:
Panacur c 1 milligram (dry powder in yellow package) for 3 days then 4 days off

and used the following everyday:

Tocotrienol form of Vitamin E (800mg per day)
Bio-Available Curcumin (600mg per day),
and CBD (25mg per day) oil

If someone has been given less than 3. Months to live I’d take it everyday for a month and then have the scans redone.

tcujsauce

Wes, thank you for being you. We're all better for your friendship, and I'm thankful I've gotten to know you a bit over the last 10+ years. This board, for all its insanity and ridiculous sports takes, has given a lot of us some good friendships over the years, and we have you to thank for that. Sarah and I will be praying for you and your family, and we still want to make that drive down for a visit if you're up for it.

steelfrog

Tier 1
Wes. Steel knows one of your concerns is your cremation and making certain the people you have asked actually spread your ashes per your wishes.

You are in luck!

Steel is involved with a new product — Premation!

Hack off a limb and cremate it before you die and spread your own ashes!

netty2424

Wes. Steel knows one of your concerns is your cremation and making certain the people you have asked actually spread your ashes per your wishes.

You are in luck!

giphy.gif

Brog

You are in luck!

If this post can't get someone barred, what can?

HFrog1999

You are in luck!

....what the Hell?

I think you need to punish yourself for this post...

8f2a0526-604c-4823-a29a-0c74f69b3924_text.gif

tcudoc

I’ve lurked this board for years (RR fan), saw this thread and felt compelled to join and share something that was posted/had a lot of traction on another football forum that could be a Hail Mary for you. It sounds crazy, but could be something worth trying. Lifting you with thoughts and prayers.

So today I was told by my oncologist at MD Anderson that I am the FIRST patient in their entire history to have small cell lung cancer metastasize throughout my entire body (I was covered in the cancer from head to toe in hundreds of tumors/lesions, including my neck, both lungs, stomach, liver, pancreas and my tailbone), that then went on to have 4 consecutive quarters of "all clear" PET scans.

Back story:

I was diagnosed with small cell lung cancer on Labor Day 2016. I missed the entire 2016 footballl season as I endured heavy chemo and radiation on my left lung where a tumor the size of my fist was there (and had no symptoms....found literally by accident). In the process, they caused pneumonia and the radiation angles (6 of them) all fried my esophagus. Instead of a feeding tube I decided to get hydration from IV and literally live off of my fat stores. Started at 190lbs and by the time my esophagus healed, I weighted 128bls and looked like I had escaped Auschwitz in WWII. (The people that saw me at last yr's extreme camp can attest to my brute strength 130lbs of skin on bones)

In January 2017, a PET scan showed the unthinkable. The small cell lung cancer had metastasized to my entire body. The survivability of widely metastatic small cell is 0%, with a median/mean survival of 3 months. I was literally sent home from MD Anderson in Houston and told there was nothing else they could do for me and I had less than 3 months to live.

The day after I returned to Edmond, Cowboy76 posted an innocuous and generic post on this very Corral forum that simply said, "If you have cancer or know someone who does, give me a shout, I have some interesting news". I've known David and his kids for years so I reached out to him.

He told me a story of a lady at Merck Animal Health (Vetmed division) doing cancer research on mice and discovering quite by accident that a decades old "off patent" animal (cattle, dogs, cats, goats, pigs, etc) dewormer was batting 1.000 in killing all kinds of cancers......and that the lady doing the research had been diagnosed with late stage brain cancer and decided to self prescribe the stuff to herself....and she was all clear a matter of 6-8 weeks later.

Dr. Dave shipped me a supply of the dog dewormer and, having just been told I had only 3 months to live, I started taking it to his suggested dosage. I started taking the dewormer in the 3rd week of January 2017.

Subsequently, My PET scan in first week of May 2017 (3.5 months later) showed that I was all clear. So did the scans in September 17 and January 2018. Today in Houston, my oncologist at MD Anderson walked in the room and said, "In January 2017, we kicked you out of here because there was nothing else we could do for you. Today I'm kicking you out of here because we only serve people with cancer here."

As a backdrop, MD Anderson is now convinced it was the dog dewormer. And I am the first patient in their history to survive the depth of what I had. And MD Anderson, Johns Hopkins and the Univ of Oklahoma all have research projects on the category of intestinal dewormers. MD Anderson and Univ of Oklahoma are directly related to my story.

And because my story has spread so far and wide, I am fielding approx 20 calls per week and have new success stories (so far 4 in all kinds of cancers), and I know Cowboy76 also has additional success stories other than me.

So, faith matters. Prayers matter. Positive thinking and attitude most definitely matter.

And whodathunkit!!!! I spent $1.2M at MD Anderson and was saved by a $5.00 per week OTC dog medicine recommended to me by an OSU grad large animal veterinarian in W. Oklahoma, and DISCOVERED by the bond of OSU fans getting together on-line to cuss and discuss OSU sports, non sports and politics on an open Orange forum called the Corral.

Thanks to Dr. David, Thanks for all of the prayers and I am determined to help as many people as possible hear this story. To that end, I am available to discuss.

Use:
Panacur c 1 milligram (dry powder in yellow package) for 3 days then 4 days off

and used the following everyday:

Tocotrienol form of Vitamin E (800mg per day)
Bio-Available Curcumin (600mg per day),
and CBD (25mg per day) oil

If someone has been given less than 3. Months to live I’d take it everyday for a month and then have the scans redone.

As stated, this has begun to make it into the scientific literature. I found the following articles on pubmed. Interesting stuff. One from 2013 seemed pessimistic, but two more recent ones made it seem more promising.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/28078780

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23393324

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/30093705

Hemingway

tcudoc

Wait. So taking this dog deworming medicine or whatever actually works?
I am a natural pessimist, but...
It would be a Hail Mary, but it does have some modest support for its potential. I had never heard of this before the post above, but what I read does seem to suggest some merit may exist.