• The KillerFrogs

Uhoh, Urban...

CountryFrog

Hell of a get out of jail free card Urban has for himself at OSU. Even when his employer knows he's lying they've committed themselves to the idea that it's not his fault. There's almost nothing he can't get away with now so I also don't see him leaving any time soon over this unless something massive comes out that we don't know about.

Mean Purple

wouldn't be so sure.
not only does this put a horrible stigma on the school, there is still a legal issue between the primaries. and that likely brings more media attention down the road.

Peacefrog

Degenerate

I’m curious how true this is. Wouldn’t be surprised to have an expert on here on this. Seems we have some random knowledge like that

I spent a lot of time on this while working on my doctorate. What the expert said is close, as I understand it, but not 100%. What I recall is that if you look up and toward your dominant hand you are saying “pleas stop asking me these [ deposit from a bull that looks like Art Briles ] questions because I already got away with this and there is nothing you, my boss, his boss or anyone else can do about it. I’m urban mother darning Meyer and I lie when I damn well choose to lie and you will believe my lies. Go darn yourself Media, Courtney, Board of Trustees and America for that matter. I’m rich, [ hundin].”

CountryFrog

wouldn't be so sure.
not only does this put a horrible stigma on the school, there is still a legal issue between the primaries. and that likely brings more media attention down the road.
Thatcould definitely lead to something big coming out that we don't yet know about and change things. I just think the school has married itself to the idea that, even when it's proven that Urban has lied and screwed up, it's not actually his fault. We all know that's patently absurd and there's little doubt they know that as well, but if that's what they're at least pretending is the case then they can use it to excuse just about any behavior for as long as they want.

They had to have known that the public wasn't going to buy this excuse but they went with it anyway so I think they're willing to take the backlash that comes along with the absurdity.

Mostly, though, they will all stay insulated with fellow Buckeyes and local media who just want to know about Nick Bosa's groin.

CountryFrog

I spent a lot of time on this while working on my doctorate. What the expert said is close, as I understand it, but not 100%. What I recall is that if you look up and toward your dominant hand you are saying “pleas stop asking me these [ deposit from a bull that looks like Art Briles ] questions because I already got away with this and there is nothing you, my boss, his boss or anyone else can do about it. I’m urban mother darning Meyer and I lie when I damn well choose to lie and you will believe my lies. Go darn yourself Media, Courtney, Board of Trustees and America for that matter. I’m rich, [ hundin].”
I believe this is straight out of the text book word for word as I remember from my double doctorate studies.

Peacefrog

Degenerate

I’m curious how true this is. Wouldn’t be surprised to have an expert on here on this. Seems we have some random knowledge like that

Meyer looks up and to the right because he’s right handed and a liar. Hitler is left handed. There are no coincidences.
Hitler-Adolf_0.jpg

Mean Purple

Thatcould definitely lead to something big coming out that we don't yet know about and change things. I just think the school has married itself to the idea that, even when it's proven that Urban has lied and screwed up, it's not actually his fault. We all know that's patently absurd and there's little doubt they know that as well, but if that's what they're at least pretending is the case then they can use it to excuse just about any behavior for as long as they want.

They had to have known that the public wasn't going to buy this excuse but they went with it anyway so I think they're willing to take the backlash that comes along with the absurdity.

Mostly, though, they will all stay insulated with fellow Buckeyes and local media who just want to know about Nick Bosa's groin.
The school released a report. Does not matter what they are married to when they don't control the message, or the liability.

CountryFrog

The school released a report. Does not matter what they are married to when they don't control the message, or the liability.
I'm not a lawyer so I can't speak to liability. But they released the report that was full of contradiction and made Urban look awful while still keeping him and telling us all how impressed they are by his core value of respect for women.

So again, it seems that they're totally ok with all the backlash that comes along with all of it. They clearly knew it wouldn't be received well which is why they didn't release it until after the press conference. They clearly don't care about the bad publicity.

Buckeye

The school has no legal liability here. The wife of a an employee is not covered by Title IX compliance. Prior to being fired, the employee was not convicted nor committed any crimes on school grounds. To the points made, their only concern is/was bad publicity.

Agree with everyone that Urban has shown his narcissist personality which shows he is out for himself when this hit the fan.

Frog DJ

Urban Meyer is doing the same thing numerous politicians, celebrities and newsmakers have done before him (and will continue to do in the future) - mumble the same meaningless, unbelievable, PR-generated, evasive answers and wait for the storm to subside.

When another scandal takes his name and deeds off the front page he will be out of the woods and back in the clear. This is a proven strategy that has worked for years, and will no doubt work this time too. Ohio State should be ashamed, but of course they're not.

Go Frogs!

froginmn

Ohh I think we are ashamed, but he also didn’t commit a crime or even an NCAA violation. What upsets me the most is that he kept a mediocre coach around with good reason to cut ties.
His wife is apparently a horrible person, because Urban told the world yesterday that despite the fact she knew that Courtney was being assaulted, she didn't even tell her husband - his boss - which would have allowed for action to take place.

Buckeye

His wife is apparently a horrible person, because Urban told the world yesterday that despite the fact she knew that Courtney was being assaulted, she didn't even tell her husband - his boss - which would have allowed for action to take place.

That’s a stretch. She advised Courtney to call the police, which is where this should be handled.

Besides, since when is it an employer’s responsibility to act and investigate on allegations in lieu of the police? Let’s play this out. Shelley tells Urban and he fires the Brilesbag. Does that stop any alleged abuse? Likely not at all. It does guarantee a wrongful termination suit against the university, though. This is and solely should be, a matter for the police.

Too be clear, I am not defending Urban’s shadiness or judgement here, just that the notion an employer is responsible to investigate spousal DA allegations is absurd. We are all innocent until proven guilty.

Buckeye

Wasn’t Mrs Meyer working for Ohio State at the time her original knowledge of the situation occurred?

She is employed by the university. But again, Title IX does not apply as Courtney is not a student nor did any allegations occur on school grounds. University policies would have to apply in this case as to her obligations, to which I am not privy.

froginmn

That’s a stretch. She advised Courtney to call the police, which is where this should be handled.

Besides, since when is it an employer’s responsibility to act and investigate on allegations in lieu of the police? Let’s play this out. Shelley tells Urban and he fires the Brilesbag. Does that stop any alleged abuse? Likely not at all. It does guarantee a wrongful termination suit against the university, though. This is and solely should be, a matter for the police.

Too be clear, I am not defending Urban’s shadiness or judgement here, just that the notion an employer is responsible to investigate spousal DA allegations is absurd. We are all innocent until proven guilty.
So if I find out that someone who works for my spouse is beating his wife and I don't bother to mention it to my wife, I'm good? I'm guessing someone will disagree when I get to the pearly gates.

But he's a good coach so I guess your school is fine with it.

Buckeye

So if I find out that someone who works for my spouse is beating his wife and I don't bother to mention it to my wife, I'm good? I'm guessing someone will disagree when I get to the pearly gates.

But he's a good coach so I guess your school is fine with it.

I’m being rational here. I think you should call the police if you have any knowledge about domestic abuse. Why is that controversial?

Buckeye

Watching an Ohio state u fans defend a pathological liar who covered for a man who assaults a pregnant women is disturbing.

No, that is not what I am doing here. Look, there are many many things wrong in this situation. I am not defending anything other than the notion an employer should not act on allegations other than to pass it on to the authorities. This is not because I am an OSU fan, but a logical argument that no employer is equipped to handle criminal matters.

What if I called your boss today and told him/her that you abused your spouse? Is it your expectation to be fired the next day? I don’t think that is right. That is all I am saying here.