• The KillerFrogs

Uhoh, Urban...

froginmn

I’m being rational here. I think you should call the police if you have any knowledge about domestic abuse. Why is that controversial?
Shelley didn't call the police. Or tell her husband, who could have directed his employee to counseling.

Looking away and telling the victim to deal with it herself is not helpful.

And Urban has changed his story, which leaves everyone questioning his motives. And OSU fans are using every type of defense, including "it didn't happen".

This from a coach who tries to claim that his program treats women with respect.

Buckeye

Shelley didn't call the police. Or tell her husband, who could have directed his employee to counseling.

Looking away and telling the victim to deal with it herself is not helpful.

And Urban has changed his story, which leaves everyone questioning his motives. And OSU fans are using every type of defense, including "it didn't happen".

This from a coach who tries to claim that his program treats women with respect.

Well, she did call the police, I was paraphrasing earlier. I can’t speak for other OSU fans, nor do I want to defend their bad takes. Urban has no excuse here for his actions. He clearly is lying all over the place. No question about that. However, saying or claiming he enabled or covered up abuse is not factual. The police were involved ~9 times, with no charges filed, by her choice or lack of evidence. An employer is not going to stop spousal abuse. Even if he did fire ZS sooner, or not hire him, the domestic abuse continues.

So is he a shady liar? Absolutely. Did he cover up abuse? No. I don’t believe the facts support this, The police were involved every time. Now, if we find out, he was colluding with the police to bury this, he should be locked up.

Buckeye

Urban at Media Days: I was unaware of the 2015 incident

Urban on Twitter Aug 3: I have always followed proper reporting protocols, and did so regarding the ZS incident in 2015

To Rinaldi Sunday: if I had learned in 2015 of the issues, I would have fired him.

That got formatted wrong. I agree , this shows a pattern of lies at least publicly.

CountryFrog

I actually agree with a lot of what Buckeye is saying here. If the ONLY issue at hand with Urban was that there was a suspicion (or even more) of spousal abuse by Smith then this all is a lot more complicated. It would be purely a moral issue and I'm not sure what OSU would really need to do.

The problem is that is just one of a looooong list of issues with Zach Smith. Urban Meyer looked the other way time and time again with this guy. Meyer lied countless times to his employer about things involving Smith. He's been proven to have lied several times since the investigation started. We can debate all day about the text messages and what should've happened there but there are so many instances of Meyer screwing up to cover his own ass and his good buddy Zach that it's impossible to excuse or refute them all.

InstaFrog

one of the advantages of telling the truth is it never changes and you really don't have to try that hard to remember it.
screenshot-19-1.jpg

But if you can't recall what happened.......

Buckeye

I actually agree with a lot of what Buckeye is saying here. If the ONLY issue at hand with Urban was that there was a suspicion (or even more) of spousal abuse by Smith then this all is a lot more complicated. It would be purely a moral issue and I'm not sure what OSU would really need to do.

The problem is that is just one of a looooong list of issues with Zach Smith. Urban Meyer looked the other way time and time again with this guy. Meyer lied countless times to his employer about things involving Smith. He's been proven to have lied several times since the investigation started. We can debate all day about the text messages and what should've happened there but there are so many instances of Meyer screwing up to cover his own ass and his good buddy Zach that it's impossible to excuse or refute them all.
Thanks. I think we are mostly in agreement here. As I said before, there was really no reason to keep or even hire ZS in the first place. He has underperformed the entire time. I guess (sadly), I could have understood the motives better if ZS was an unbelievably good coach.

Peacefrog

Degenerate
Yes. That ego of his is preventing it. Reminds me of a certain politician.
I said this weeks ago. Meyer and his ego can not handle people not adoring him. Every time public sentiment swings against him he has to respond. If he would simply shut the scheiss up it would go away rather quickly. If he continues, at some point he runs a high risk of letting something slip (i.e. the truth) and it will bury him.

I hope he continues on this path personally. I just enjoy seeing the high and mighty fall.

netty2424

I agree with this.

This issue then becomes, if he's cleared of legal wrong doings, becomes a moral issue. tOSU is showing the world where their compass is faulty.

In CUM's job, he is a coach, leader of young men, mentor, whatever title you want to give him. He is commissioned to provide direction and leadership to a group of kids parents entrusted him to take care of. If he knowingly kept a wife beater on staff and in the presence of his players to lead them, which he clearly did, he's gotta go.

The difference between Buckeye and Baylor fans is, Buckeye isn't avoiding the issue of Meyer being a scumbag, he's arguing specific points of Title IX(right or wrong I'm not sure) and how it pertains to being fired under those guidelines.

Baylor fans, with everything we now know, will still look you in the eyes and tell you Briles is a great and honorable man who did nothing wrong, and was a scapegoat.