• The KillerFrogs

Uhoh, Urban...

MTfrog5

It’s not good to have to send out a tweet apologizing after an interview but it’s terrible when you have to do it twice. I’m not sure how you read that and think he didn’t know more. He makes reference about him not being suspended for the domestic violence which is possibly true. He also references that he should have fired Smith earlier. Smith was fired for domestic violence when reports surfaced but Urban said he didn’t know about that but should have fired him for being a “troubled employee”? He simply needs to stop talking. I won’t be shocked if he retires within 2 years.

Eight

unless something new comes out urban has gotten past this accusation and it will be business as usual for him.

i still believe there is a great deal more than come out, but for that to happen would require someone to commit career suicide

Moose Stuff

It’s not good to have to send out a tweet apologizing after an interview but it’s terrible when you have to do it twice. I’m not sure how you read that and think he didn’t know more. He makes reference about him not being suspended for the domestic violence which is possibly true. He also references that he should have fired Smith earlier. Smith was fired for domestic violence when reports surfaced but Urban said he didn’t know about that but should have fired him for being a “troubled employee”? He simply needs to stop talking. I won’t be shocked if he retires within 2 years.

My lasting takeaway from this is that I don’t have one ounce of respect for (or trust in) this jackass. I don’t know what he knew or when he knew it but I do know that when the [ Finebaum ] hit the fan his first and only instinct was to say whatever he could think of to cover his own ass. I don’t believe for one second that he cares about anything else. I also don’t come out of this believing that the university gives a [ Finebaum ] about much beyond winning football games.

Mean Purple

unless something new comes out urban has gotten past this accusation and it will be business as usual for him.

i still believe there is a great deal more than come out, but for that to happen would require someone to commit career suicide
My guess is he won't be head coach at an ohio state university after this year. His recent tweet. His bad interview for ESPN and his overall handling of this is just too much to cover for the school. And he'll get clobbered with it during recruiting.

Moose Stuff

My guess is he won't be head coach at an ohio state university after this year. His recent tweet. His bad interview for ESPN and his overall handling of this is just too much to cover for the school. And he'll get clobbered with it during recruiting.

I can guarantee you if I had a son that was a high profile football recruit that my wife wouldn’t even let him take a phone call from that staff until Urban was gone.

Mean Purple

I can guarantee you if I had a son that was a high profile football recruit that my wife wouldn’t even let him take a phone call from that staff until Urban was gone.
that interview is up on ESPN. Watched some of it again. Good gosh, the man basically admits that he knew. That basically confirms he did cover it up and "intentionally" lie. Sending his bag man and Earle Bruce to pressure her to not file charges is very disturbing. The media seems to glaze over that troubling part.

MTfrog5

that interview is up on ESPN. Watched some of it again. Good gosh, the man basically admits that he knew. That basically confirms he did cover it up and "intentionally" lie. Sending his bag man and Earle Bruce to pressure her to not file charges is very disturbing. The media seems to glaze over that troubling part.
Ohio State fans will tell you that was made up though and the media is wrong in their reporting.

Moose Stuff

Everything he says makes it worse. It’s honestly astounding

MTfrog5

I’m curious how true this is. Wouldn’t be surprised to have an expert on here on this. Seems we have some random knowledge like that