• The KillerFrogs

Uhhh...Dixon to UCLA rumor/ news

TCUdirtbag

At the end of the day, regardless of whose fault it is or how you spin it, he missed out on a $5mm/yr pay increase. He ain’t happy.

Absolutely no way at all this is the case. UCLA wasn’t gonna pay him $8.5 per year (that’s millions more than everyone except K and Cal). If they were, the buyout wouldn’t have been a problem.

WhatTheFrog

At the end of the day, regardless of whose fault it is or how you spin it, he missed out on a $5mm/yr pay increase. He ain’t happy.
Uhh, no. It would be a $2mil pay increase at best (according to my understanding), which would probably just go to the state anyway. Plus, HE would have been responsible for the buyout since UCLA was too damn cheap to pay for it.

My understanding is that he is getting $3mil now, would've gotten $5mil at UCLA. He would've been responsible for paying the $7mil difference from what UCLA was willing to pay (if that much). They may not have been willing to pay any of it and CJD was only willing to pay $1mil.

Bruce Berry

Nice post, thank you.

I’ve never had a problem with UCLA. I still remember the Tyus Edney days and that amazing basket to basket run he made to win that tournament game (against Mizzou maybe?) ...even if I had a problem with UCLA, at this point, I’m just ready for all this to be decided one way or the other.

And all that said, Ed O’Bannion can rot for ruining my EA ncaa video game! Ha!

"I still remember the Tyus Edney days " Man, this made me feel old.

"I still remember the Bill Walton, Sidney Wicks days.

Westsider

Uhh, no. It would be a $2mil pay increase at best (according to my understanding), which would probably just go to the state anyway. Plus, HE would have been responsible for the buyout since UCLA was too damn cheap to pay for it.

My understanding is that he is getting $3mil now, would've gotten $5mil at UCLA. He would've been responsible for paying the $7mil difference from what UCLA was willing to pay (if that much). They may not have been willing to pay any of it and CJD was only willing to pay $1mil.

A million here, a million there. Whatever. He’s still unhappy. Lost out on coaching at his dream school with a big pay raise, moving home, and being close to his folks. Will be hard to know who he blames, but he’s not getting over it anytime soon.

westoverhillbilly

I just wonder if this started with rigidity in the classroom somewhere- some professor(s) being too harsh on a player or players, especially with Jaylen.. Tubbs had this same problem here but as I recall hearing he only graduated one of his scholarship players during his 9 year tenure here..

Let's face it, these athletes aren't here because they're high performing scholars (though I'm sure some are)..