• The KillerFrogs

Traffic Cops Harassing TCU Fans

Status
Not open for further replies.

geno

QUOTE(Frogs On A Plane @ Nov 1 2009, 12:15 PM) [snapback]424089[/snapback]
I had the same problem a year ago at the Stadium intersection. My girlfriend was in her car and the first car stopped at the intersection. The cops were waving the other side to go through and her side was stopped. I was on the campus side (south) side of the street and she was heading east (so I was on the same side as the street as she was). I had her debit card and I handed it to her through the passenger window. The cop yelled at me and said "Get the F out of MY street". I wasn't even in the street really and the cars on the side of the street I was on where stopped. We got into it and he said something to the effect of "don't make me put cuffs on you"...... I believe Goo...

No doubt things like this do happen, but it's with the real minority of cops. As others have suggested, taking this issue seriously, the thing to do is GET THE NAME OF THE COP, BADGE NUMBER, and then follow through with a complaint. Complain, with information, to both the TCU administration and the city of fort worth. These guys are getting paid quite well for this overtime, so they should give value.

toadallytexan

ToadallyTexan
QUOTE(tcudoc @ Nov 1 2009, 11:08 AM) [snapback]424006[/snapback]
The most surprising part of this whole thread...Goo is 35 married and has kids. That's just not what I pictured in my mind. :tongue:

You're not implying the surprise is that someone would marry him and procreate, right?

InterestedObserver

I've seen things like this happen and have had them happen to me. In this case, I'm fairly certain I know who the cop is. Do this:

Go ask him his name, then call the TCU Police office, the chancellors office, and athletic office and make a report. Get others that witness the incident to do the same.

Most of those cops are being paid by TCU, not the city of Fort Worth.

I know alot of people within the police department and have had similar dealings. There are no "lists" as I can assure you the powers-that-be within the police department will not tolerate such behavior. That includes the chief, captians, sargents, union heads, and everyone else.

Frogs On A Plane

Ticket Exchange Pass
QUOTE(goldenfrog @ Nov 1 2009, 07:21 PM) [snapback]424696[/snapback]
This all sounds rather fabricated, like the guy who was thrown out for standing up in the game.

I don't know if it is or isn't but the story I posted earlier is absolutely true... so I wouldn't put it past one of those guys...

goldenfrog

QUOTE(Goo @ Nov 1 2009, 02:11 PM) [snapback]423812[/snapback]
I'm curious if other fans witnessed this. As a whole TCU fans are friendly and the games are a "family" event.

At the TexasState game a traffic cop yelled "Am I invisible" when I crossed street. Seriously I am 35 years old and don't need to ask permission to cross an empty street. He followed this with "you better walk off."

Yesterday, I saw the same cop tell a group of fans "Are you people stupid?" because they walked on grass at DJ Kelly Center. Cop didn't notice there is not sidewalk where he directed them to cross. His tone was outright rude and he was yelling. There was no reason for it, especially sncw there was no other option but to walk in street.

I was at the game with wife and kids yesterday. I pulled in a driveway to turn around. When I get to intersection of Cantey & Stadium, he bangs on my window and starts yelling. He keep yelling you think you are better than everybody and can just pull a U-Turn in street. BTW - This was 3 hours before kickoff and I was only car on the street.

If I was first time fan from FW or returning alum, I would never come back.
TABC seem to have it out for TCU students and traffic cops must hate TCU fans.

Since this was the second time, my wife got officers name and I plan to get him reassigned from TCU events. I sure hope we are not paying these wannabe cops to harass our fans.

This all sounds rather fabricated, like the guy who was thrown out for standing up in the game.

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
QUOTE(goldenfrog @ Nov 1 2009, 07:21 PM) [snapback]424696[/snapback]

Agree. Sounds way exaggerated. I just hope he sets a good example for his kids in situations, but in reading Goo's posts all these years ...

W

WatanabeFrog

QUOTE(Goo @ Nov 1 2009, 08:11 AM) [snapback]423812[/snapback]
I'm curious if other fans witnessed this. As a whole TCU fans are friendly and the games are a "family" event.

At the TexasState game a traffic cop yelled "Am I invisible" when I crossed street. Seriously I am 35 years old and don't need to ask permission to cross an empty street. He followed this with "you better walk off."

Yesterday, I saw the same cop tell a group of fans "Are you people stupid?" because they walked on grass at DJ Kelly Center. Cop didn't notice there is not sidewalk where he directed them to cross. His tone was outright rude and he was yelling. There was no reason for it, especially sncw there was no other option but to walk in street.

I was at the game with wife and kids yesterday. I pulled in a driveway to turn around. When I get to intersection of Cantey & Stadium, he bangs on my window and starts yelling. He keep yelling you think you are better than everybody and can just pull a U-Turn in street. BTW - This was 3 hours before kickoff and I was only car on the street.

If I was first time fan from FW or returning alum, I would never come back.
TABC seem to have it out for TCU students and traffic cops must hate TCU fans.

Since this was the second time, my wife got officers name and I plan to get him reassigned from TCU events. I sure hope we are not paying these wannabe cops to harass our fans.

Send me his information and I will take care of him for you.

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
QUOTE(WatanabeFrog @ Nov 1 2009, 08:49 PM) [snapback]424817[/snapback]
Send me his information and I will take care of him for you.

Whoever you are or whatever you think you are going to do you need to be leery about any stories Goo puts on here.

police1287

mr.watanabefrog,id be real careful about telling the world that you will take care of a police officer for someone.That remark is a threat against a police officer thats getting pretty serious.

Bullneck

QUOTE(HFrog1999 @ Nov 1 2009, 08:21 AM) [snapback]423823[/snapback]
one of the ones that works the West side is a client of my wife's

:blink:

tetonfrog

QUOTE(goldenfrog @ Nov 2 2009, 12:21 AM) [snapback]424696[/snapback]

I'm sniffing for a bad odor on these stories, too. I've never had a problem with a cop at a game. And I have been one of the top 10 wasted people at ACS back in the day. Goo, if you know who the "problem cop" is, why haven't you reported it? Get a badge # and call it in. Simple as that. I am sorry that the main thing you remember about the game is a cop riffing you.

It's interesting to read about how we need to jazz up our attendance, but then fill the board with negative stories about the game experience whether it is with fans or cops or food or the sound system. If some dude yells at you, shrug and move on. It's not like he tasered you.

I don't know what kind of experience you guys are looking for at the game, but it seems to be there at (rusty) ACS. Fun pregame, (one) great football team and a beautiful campus. Very impressive new campus. I had a ball at the CSU game.

FWIW, how are we going to get local people to walk up and buy a ticket when we (1) Insult FW sports fans. (2) Tell folks the bad things at ACS. (3) Let other people define our good time. I can't wait for the next TCU game I'll go to in '10.

Goo

It's interesting to read about how we need to jazz up our attendance, but then fill the board with negative stories about the game experience whether it is with fans or cops or food or the sound system. If some dude yells at you, shrug and move on. It's not like he tasered you.

Of course I got his name. You can be sure first thing I do tomorrow is make some calls.
I was just curious if others on here had problems. I saw him harrass two other groups after me.
Why would I make this up?

Seriously, a cop cusses at you in front of your kids for crossing the street and you shrug it off. Maybe you don't have kids.

As for getting fans to game. This is my point...as long as this cop is yelling at people, it will hurt attendance. I know it put a damper on my day. Imagine if it was your first TCU game and it start with this guy baning on your window and cussing.

I don't think anyone shrug it off when a police officer acts this way.

tcudoc

QUOTE(InterestedObserver @ Nov 1 2009, 07:11 PM) [snapback]424684[/snapback]
I know alot of people within the police department and have had similar dealings. There are no "lists" as I can assure you the powers-that-be within the police department will not tolerate such behavior.

I tend to believe Goo on this one. I saw one cop get totally out of line as a large group of pedestrians was crossing Stadium Dr. He didn't drop the F bomb, but he was cursing and screaming. I believe there was a reference to placing a boot in a certain orifice. Having seen the inner workings of people who have authority over others, I believe that it would not be beyond belief for someone to use their authority in a corrupt manner such as having someone be harassed for filing a complaint. I am certain it happens all of the time in politics, police work, the corporate world, government agencies etc.
For that reason, it would have to be a big deal for me to put my name on something like a complaint about an officer. I am not a conspiracy theorist and I don't wear a tin foil hat, but I am also not naive about how the world works.

ftwfrog

QUOTE(tcudoc @ Nov 1 2009, 09:05 PM) [snapback]424906[/snapback]
I tend to believe Goo on this one. I saw one cop get totally out of line as a large group of pedestrians was crossing Stadium Dr. He didn't drop the F bomb, but he was cursing and screaming. I believe there was a reference to placing a boot in a certain orifice.

Haha, is it really that stressful of a job?? Good lord, seems like the FWPD needs some anger management classes.

Goo

QUOTE(tcudoc @ Nov 1 2009, 09:05 PM) [snapback]424906[/snapback]
I tend to believe Goo on this one. I saw one cop get totally out of line as a large group of pedestrians was crossing Stadium Dr. He didn't drop the F bomb, but he was cursing and screaming. I believe there was a reference to placing a boot in a certain orifice. Having seen the inner workings of people who have authority over others, I believe that it would not be beyond belief for someone to use their authority in a corrupt manner such as having someone be harassed for filing a complaint. I am certain it happens all of the time in politics, police work, the corporate world, government agencies etc.
For that reason, it would have to be a big deal for me to put my name on something like a complaint about an officer. I am not a conspiracy theorist and I don't wear a tin foil hat, but I am also not naive about how the world works.

[SIZE=14pt]Well that makes five others on here who saw this at intersection of Stadium & Cantey.[/SIZE]

There is no reason for him to tell a group of fans "I will put my boot up your ___" because of something like J-walking or not asking permission to cross.

To those claiming I made this up ask yourself:

1) why would I make this up...its not funny
2) why do so many others have similar experience
3) would somebody really be this worked up if it didn't happen
4) Goo jokes, but not about his kids and would never fabricate something about police
5) Goo works hard with Frog Club, why would I make up story to scare off fans

BABYFACE

QUOTE(tetonfrog @ Nov 1 2009, 09:41 PM) [snapback]424871[/snapback]
I'm sniffing for a bad odor on these stories, too. I've never had a problem with a cop at a game. And I have been one of the top 10 wasted people at ACS back in the day. Goo, if you know who the "problem cop" is, why haven't you reported it? Get a badge # and call it in. Simple as that. I am sorry that the main thing you remember about the game is a cop riffing you.

I don't know what kind of experience you guys are looking for at the game, but it seems to be there at (rusty) ACS. Fun pregame, (one) great football team and a beautiful campus. Very impressive new campus. I had a ball at the CSU game.

FWIW, how are we going to get local people to walk up and buy a ticket when we (1) Insult FW sports fans. (2) Tell folks the bad things at ACS. (3) Let other people define our good time. I can't wait for the next TCU game I'll go to in '10.

You don't have to believe Goo, but FOAP is pretty straight up and not known for not making ch*t up. As for me, my incident happend this Friday night at Frogfest, while minor, I did not appreciate a police officer jumping on my arse when I had my kids with me in their Halloween costumes when we just following another cops intructions. I have no reason to make this up and I am actually starting get a little pissed.

tetonfrog

QUOTE(BABYFACE @ Nov 2 2009, 03:41 AM) [snapback]424964[/snapback]
You don't have to believe Goo, but FOAP is pretty straight up and not known for not making ch*t up. As for me, my incident happend this Friday night at Frogfest, while minor, I did not appreciate a police officer jumping on my arse when I had my kids with me in their Halloween costumes when we just following another cops intructions. I have no reason to make this up and I am actually starting get a little pissed.

Good luck guys. Hope it works out for you.

Bandwagon

QUOTE(ftwfrog @ Nov 2 2009, 03:13 AM) [snapback]424917[/snapback]
Haha, is it really that stressful of a job?? Good lord, seems like the FWPD needs some anger management classes.

Its like teachers claiming they 'wouldn't do it if they didn't get the summer off'. Give me a break. I know its rough dealing with youngsters for less than 8 hours a day, but a full 2 months off to recover in the summer? Not to mention fall, xmas and spring breaks. Wish I could get that from my job.

tetonfrog

QUOTE(Bandwagon @ Nov 2 2009, 05:24 AM) [snapback]425018[/snapback]
Its like teachers claiming they 'wouldn't do it if they didn't get the summer off'. Give me a break. I know its rough dealing with youngsters for less than 8 hours a day, but a full 2 months off to recover in the summer? Not to mention fall, xmas and spring breaks. Wish I could get that from my job.

Plenty of job openings in the schools. Feel free to give it a try and come back and talk to us. I spoke to a guy from Gladeview today and he said they put metal detecters at the front doors because a student knifed a teacher. Great job. Piece of cake.

BABYFACE

QUOTE(tetonfrog @ Nov 1 2009, 11:27 PM) [snapback]425002[/snapback]
Good luck guys. Hope it works out for you.

I really don't know what to make with your post if it is sincere or sarchastic with an arse tone.

I haven't really had any problems with FWPD at TCU but until this past weekend and I only posted this because it seemed relevant to this thread. Thought it was noteworthy at that point. Why you have a problem with that puzzles me, especially for someone that lives out of state and thus not at every Frog and that somehow game makes you an expert on what some have encountered?

Status
Not open for further replies.