• The KillerFrogs

Traffic Cops Harassing TCU Fans

Status
Not open for further replies.

Goo

I'm curious if other fans witnessed this. As a whole TCU fans are friendly and the games are a "family" event.

At the TexasState game a traffic cop yelled "Am I invisible" when I crossed street. Seriously I am 35 years old and don't need to ask permission to cross an empty street. He followed this with "you better walk off."

Yesterday, I saw the same cop tell a group of fans "Are you people stupid?" because they walked on grass at DJ Kelly Center. Cop didn't notice there is not sidewalk where he directed them to cross. His tone was outright rude and he was yelling. There was no reason for it, especially sncw there was no other option but to walk in street.

I was at the game with wife and kids yesterday. I pulled in a driveway to turn around. When I get to intersection of Cantey & Stadium, he bangs on my window and starts yelling. He keep yelling you think you are better than everybody and can just pull a U-Turn in street. BTW - This was 3 hours before kickoff and I was only car on the street.

If I was first time fan from FW or returning alum, I would never come back.
TABC seem to have it out for TCU students and traffic cops must hate TCU fans.

Since this was the second time, my wife got officers name and I plan to get him reassigned from TCU events. I sure hope we are not paying these wannabe cops to harass our fans.

HFrog1999

I've never had problems with Cops at TCU games, of course when one of the ones that works the West side is a client of my wife's and one the East side played football with me in High School it helps :tongue:

Goo

QUOTE(HFrog1999 @ Nov 1 2009, 09:21 AM) [snapback]423823[/snapback]
I've never had problems with Cops at TCU games, of course when one of the ones that works the West side is a client of my wife's and one the East side played football with me in High School it helps :tongue:

I'm sure 99% of the police at games are normal, but the 1 bad percent can ruin the experience for hundreds of people. It was a like an episode of Triumph the Insult Comic Dog....this one guy just attacked one group after another at Cantey & Stadium.

HFrog1999

QUOTE(TopFrog @ Nov 1 2009, 08:24 AM) [snapback]423827[/snapback]
Goo once again with a thread about problems with police/authorities at a game.

The CSC staff that I've encountered have always been helpful and very nice. I think Goo might just be a trouble maker and all around rabble rouser.

GoFrogs

If what you say is true Goo, no question I'd do the same thing. if you can't handle the stress that comes along with the position find a new one.

Goo

QUOTE(GoFrogs @ Nov 1 2009, 09:27 AM) [snapback]423838[/snapback]
If what you say is true Goo, no question I'd do the same thing. if you can't handle the stress that comes along with the position find a new one.

Yea, I would love to find some other people that were yelled at by him. I know only a small portion of the 35,000 crossed at this intersection and an even smaller percent of that group checks this forum. But I saw him yelled at lots of fans and imagine someone else is on thsi board. It's not even stressful, there small crowd in in both of my witnessing his verbal attacks. I think it is a power-trip combined with a dislike toward TCU (educated, wealthy, privledged, etc).

Atomic Frawg

Find out who he is, and contact the the TCU chief of police and ask that he be replaced, and also put jeer in the newspaper.

gdu

QUOTE(HFrog1999 @ Nov 1 2009, 02:26 PM) [snapback]423836[/snapback]
The CSC staff that I've encountered have always been helpful and very nice. I think Goo might just be a trouble maker and all around rabble rouser.

tcuball3

Ticket Exchange Pass
Why are there so many cops at these games? Why do they have all these devices such as mopeds, segways and a helicopter that circles the stadium burning up fuel 3 hours before kickoff through the conclusion of the game? Is there really a crime issue at TCU games, is all this really necessary?

weklfrog

QUOTE(tcudoc @ Nov 1 2009, 09:08 AM) [snapback]424006[/snapback]
The most surprising part of this whole thread...Goo is 35 married and has kids. That's just not what I pictured in my mind. :tongue:

especially since he has bragged on numerous occasions about crashing sorority parties and hanging out with sorority babes. Goo wouldn't be misstating facts, would he?

PurplePutt

Sounds like that particular cop is a ticking time bomb. He must have some issues and his demeanor needs to be reported.

BABYFACE

I wasn't going to mention to this but since this thread got started, here is my encounter from Friday night.

As I was living the main parking lot of Frogfest Friday night with my two daughters we had a Police encounter. There two cops directing traffic on the Stadium drive intersection. One was on the Rickel side and the other was on the Berry side of the street(the street that crosses Stadium Dr). The cop on the Berry side of intersction motions for my daughters and I to cross the street. The other cop yells at us and said " I said no more. Can't you people hear me? Get your butts back to the other side of the street!" It was reaction on my part without thinking, I yelled back" what in hell do want you me to do? One of ya tells us to cross and you yell at us to go back." The officer says nothing but the other cop that waved us across comes over and appologizes and said it was his fault for waving us thru.

NewFrogFan

Old #87 told me samething about TSU game, said there was one "I've got the gun and badge and you don't" type PATROLLING lot 3 as a tailgater cop. He was supposedly harrassing any and everyone
he felt was in any way not meeting HIS tailgate standards. He has not been seen in Lot 3 the last few games, bet it is the same guy. Perhaps it is the cop that ran down Ryan Moats in Dallas when he was trying to get his wife to see her mother before she died (she died while Moats was being dressed down by this loser). He deservedly lost his job.

tcuball3

Ticket Exchange Pass
For those of you having problems, get the officers name and you can file a complaint. Remember they work for you, you the tax payer are their employer.

Frogs On A Plane

Ticket Exchange Pass
I had the same problem a year ago at the Stadium intersection. My girlfriend was in her car and the first car stopped at the intersection. The cops were waving the other side to go through and her side was stopped. I was on the campus side (south) side of the street and she was heading east (so I was on the same side as the street as she was). I had her debit card and I handed it to her through the passenger window. The cop yelled at me and said "Get the F out of MY street". I wasn't even in the street really and the cars on the side of the street I was on where stopped. We got into it and he said something to the effect of "don't make me put cuffs on you"...... I believe Goo...

Goo

QUOTE(TopFrog @ Nov 1 2009, 09:24 AM) [snapback]423827[/snapback]
Goo once again with a thread about problems with police/authorities at a game.

Yea, If you read post you will see I mentioned "am I invisible" episode from prior game.

Goo

QUOTE(weklfrog @ Nov 1 2009, 11:25 AM) [snapback]424033[/snapback]
especially since he has bragged on numerous occasions about crashing sorority parties and hanging out with sorority babes. Goo wouldn't be misstating facts, would he?

the whole crashing high school parties to get recruiting info was a joke....use your head

NewFrogFan

QUOTE(Frogs On A Plane @ Nov 1 2009, 05:15 PM) [snapback]424089[/snapback]
I had the same problem a year ago at the Stadium intersection. My girlfriend was in her car and the first car stopped at the intersection. The cops were waving the other side to go through and her side was stopped. I was on the campus side (south) side of the street and she was heading east (so I was on the same side as the street as she was). I had her debit card and I handed it to her through the passenger window. The cop yelled at me and said "Get the F out of MY street". I wasn't even in the street really and the cars on the side of the street I was on where stopped. We got into it and he said something to the effect of "don't make me put cuffs on you"...... I believe Goo...

IF this guy used the "f" word to you in public I believe that a chat would be in order with perhaps the Chief, and maybe some university officials that sign his checks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts