• The KillerFrogs

Traffic Cops Harassing TCU Fans

Status
Not open for further replies.

Goo

QUOTE(BABYFACE @ Nov 1 2009, 11:51 AM) [snapback]424059[/snapback]
I wasn't going to mention to this but since this thread got started, here is my encounter from Friday night.

As I was living the main parking lot of Frogfest Friday night with my two daughters we had a Police encounter. There two cops directing traffic on the Stadium drive intersection. One was on the Rickel side and the other was on the Berry side of the street(the street that crosses Stadium Dr). The cop on the Berry side of intersction motions for my daughters and I to cross the street. The other cop yells at us and said " I said no more. Can't you people hear me? Get your butts back to the other side of the street!" It was reaction on my part without thinking, I yelled back" what in hell do want you me to do? One of ya tells us to cross and you yell at us to go back." The officer says nothing but the other cop that waved us across comes over and appologizes and said it was his fault for waving us thru.

This is exactly what I am talking about.

There are several problems:

1) The attitude with comments like "am I F'ing invisible" "get the F*** out of my street" "are you people dumb" "can you people hear me" "keep walking pal before I kick your [Deleted]" "get your butts back over there" THERE IS A MORE PROFESSIONAL WAY TO COMMUNICATE WITH OUR FANS

2) Logistics/Brains I know these guys are traffic cops and may not have highest IQ. But when you direct people to cross the street into grass of DJKelly and then yell at them not to walk on grass...moronic. Then when one student couple went in street, he yelled at them to get asses out of street. So which is it, grass or street because there is no sidewalk. Secod logitics problem, they wont allow you to turn left in Church parking or right. What is the purpose of traffic cop if he makes you drive all the way around stadium when you could just turn into parking lot.

3) Cuss Words. There is no reason to cuss at sober TCU fans with their families at noon in daylight. Heck, I've never seen a police officer on episode of COPS cuss at a drug dealer. There is no excuse for saying "Am I Fing invisible" to a guy crossing the street with 3 yearold girl in his arms.

Heads should roll....

Kaiser

I understand the need for traffic control and order but the being publicly berated and treated like a 5 year old child is unacceptable from any police officer. It's sad, but I have had enough bad experiences with cops on power/ego trips to where I just generally do not like, trust or believe cops anymore. (Rangers, State Troopers and HPD excluded). Maybe we should pull a Colorado or an Oregon and have a fan riot. Give the FW cops a chance to do some real police work for once in their lives.

Screaming Flea

QUOTE(NewFrogFan @ Nov 1 2009, 11:57 AM) [snapback]424073[/snapback]
Old #87 told me samething about TSU game, said there was one "I've got the gun and badge and you don't" type PATROLLING lot 3 as a tailgater cop. He was supposedly harrassing any and everyone
he felt was in any way not meeting HIS tailgate standards. He has not been seen in Lot 3 the last few games, bet it is the same guy. Perhaps it is the cop that ran down Ryan Moats in Dallas when he was trying to get his wife to see her mother before she died (she died while Moats was being dressed down by this loser). He deservedly lost his job.

This guy needs to be patrolling Hulen Mall Christmas time.

Why don't you pick up the phone and call the chief of traffic control at Ft. Worth Police Dept. Some one needs to notify them of this guy! Sounds like this may be Goo's rude patrol officer too.

CLEARLY sounds like the officer hates patrolling traffic and doesn't have the personality to do so!!

Goo

QUOTE(BABYFACE @ Nov 1 2009, 10:51 AM) [snapback]424059[/snapback]
I wasn't going to mention to this but since this thread got started, here is my encounter from Friday night.

As I was living the main parking lot of Frogfest Friday night with my two daughters we had a Police encounter. There two cops directing traffic on the Stadium drive intersection. One was on the Rickel side and the other was on the Berry side of the street(the street that crosses Stadium Dr). The cop on the Berry side of intersction motions for my daughters and I to cross the street. The other cop yells at us and said " I said no more. Can't you people hear me? Get your butts back to the other side of the street!" It was reaction on my part without thinking, I yelled back" what in hell do want you me to do? One of ya tells us to cross and you yell at us to go back." The officer says nothing but the other cop that waved us across comes over and appologizes and said it was his fault for waving us thru.

I just got off phone with friend who also parks at that church
He had incident also, which makes about 5 reported incidents in one day
he said church parking lot volunteer ran over and asked him to report to university and police

PurpleBlood87

QUOTE(tcuball3 @ Nov 1 2009, 11:00 AM) [snapback]423995[/snapback]
Why are there so many cops at these games? Why do they have all these devices such as mopeds, segways and a helicopter that circles the stadium burning up fuel 3 hours before kickoff through the conclusion of the game? Is there really a crime issue at TCU games, is all this really necessary?

You would be the first one questioning why there aren't more police around when your car is broken into during the game. Who cares how many police are out? Burning gas, maybe you should be the Green Czar?

P

PM Productions

QUOTE(Goo @ Nov 1 2009, 09:36 AM) [snapback]423852[/snapback]
Yea, I would love to find some other people that were yelled at by him. I know only a small portion of the 35,000 crossed at this intersection and an even smaller percent of that group checks this forum. But I saw him yelled at lots of fans and imagine someone else is on thsi board. It's not even stressful, there small crowd in in both of my witnessing his verbal attacks. I think it is a power-trip combined with a dislike toward TCU (educated, wealthy, privledged, etc).

Hey Goo I tried to PM you but your inbox is fulll... empty it out a little and PM me, I need to tell you /ask you something important...

Thanks

freebird

QUOTE(Frog Barrister @ Nov 1 2009, 12:36 PM) [snapback]424136[/snapback]
I understand the need for traffic control and order but the being publicly berated and treated like a 5 year old child is unacceptable from any police officer. It's sad, but I have had enough bad experiences with cops on power/ego trips to where I just generally do not like, trust or believe cops anymore. (Rangers, State Troopers and HPD excluded). Maybe we should pull a Colorado or an Oregon and have a fan riot. Give the FW cops a chance to do some real police work for once in their lives.

Right on the money. You won't get any satisfaction issuing a complaint through the system. You will only put yourself in harms way. They have lists..you don't want to be on it one of them. They have several layers of protection. Civil service, unions, buddy system, and they are well trained expert liars... Know any cops wives ...ask them for yourself.
You can't touch them they know it and that is why they act like cowboys with shinny new guns and badges. That is just the way it is in real life (.) It's not just a Fort Worth problem ...these stories are growing in intensity and frequency everywhere across the country.

Frogs On A Plane

Ticket Exchange Pass
QUOTE(NewFrogFan @ Nov 1 2009, 12:27 PM) [snapback]424106[/snapback]
IF this guy used the "f" word to you in public I believe that a chat would be in order with perhaps the Chief, and maybe some university officials that sign his checks.

No doubt about what he said. He was really close to me so it is not like he yelled it out. My girlfriend was in her car and just sat there not believing what was going on. Yes that is all there is to the story. He just dropped the F bomb on me before I ever said a word to him or even really noticed him.

weklfrog

QUOTE(Goo @ Nov 1 2009, 10:20 AM) [snapback]424103[/snapback]
the whole crashing high school parties to get recruiting info was a joke....use your head

given your propensity for misstating so many "facts", the credibility of your carousing reports was also quite low. However, one had to wonder why someone would repeatedly present themselves as being that pathetic as a joke.

sous vide

QUOTE(weklfrog @ Nov 1 2009, 03:07 PM) [snapback]424203[/snapback]
given your propensity for misstating so many "facts", the credibility of your carousing reports was also quite low. However, one had to wonder why someone would repeatedly present themselves as being that pathetic as a joke.

time for the video cell phone brigade to make rounds? that would take care of these arguments...and likely the problem, if any, as well.

Goo

QUOTE(PM Productions @ Nov 1 2009, 12:01 PM) [snapback]424181[/snapback]
Hey Goo I tried to PM you but your inbox is fulll... empty it out a little and PM me, I need to tell you /ask you something important...

Thanks

Love the pic.
My PM is open now. I deleted alot
Thanks

Goo

QUOTE(fnfreebird @ Nov 1 2009, 12:23 PM) [snapback]424196[/snapback]
Right on the money. You won't get any satisfaction issuing a complaint through the system. You will only put yourself in harms way. They have lists..you don't want to be on it one of them. They have several layers of protection. Civil service, unions, buddy system, and they are well trained expert liars... Know any cops wives ...ask them for yourself.
You can't touch them they know it and that is why they act like cowboys with shinny new guns and badges. That is just the way it is in real life (.) It's not just a Fort Worth problem ...these stories are growing in intensity and frequency everywhere across the country.

This is interesting. I've never had a problem with police and don't really believe in conspiracy theories, but there are idiots out there like th guy who wouldn't let NFL players into hospital.

What blew my mind is that this guy was yelling at fans for not crossing where he wanted and stepping on the grass, etc. There were 4-5 other cops in ear shot who heard him cussing and obviously didn't care. The first game this cop was alon and no one heard him. But yesterdays cussing was repeatedly in front of other fans and police.

BABYFACE

My incident wasn't on game day but rather Friday night at Frogfest. I know the police have a tough job to do, but I would appeciate them to maintain their professionalism to the best of their ability. But if I had to choose, I would rather have the over zealous cop directing traffic than the passive one who is just watching traffic bottleneck at an intersection rather than directing it.

Froglaw

QUOTE(Goo @ Nov 1 2009, 08:11 AM) [snapback]423812[/snapback]
I'm curious if other fans witnessed this. As a whole TCU fans are friendly and the games are a "family" event.

At the TexasState game a traffic cop yelled "Am I invisible" when I crossed street. Seriously I am 35 years old and don't need to ask permission to cross an empty street. He followed this with "you better walk off."

Yesterday, I saw the same cop tell a group of fans "Are you people stupid?" because they walked on grass at DJ Kelly Center. Cop didn't notice there is not sidewalk where he directed them to cross. His tone was outright rude and he was yelling. There was no reason for it, especially sncw there was no other option but to walk in street.

I was at the game with wife and kids yesterday. I pulled in a driveway to turn around. When I get to intersection of Cantey & Stadium, he bangs on my window and starts yelling. He keep yelling you think you are better than everybody and can just pull a U-Turn in street. BTW - This was 3 hours before kickoff and I was only car on the street.

If I was first time fan from FW or returning alum, I would never come back.
TABC seem to have it out for TCU students and traffic cops must hate TCU fans.

Since this was the second time, my wife got officers name and I plan to get him reassigned from TCU events. I sure hope we are not paying these wannabe cops to harass our fans.

If FWPD, report to both TCU and FWPD.

If TCU PD, call and talk to Davis Babb. He'll make sure the complaint is addressed.

No excuse for rudeness.

Goo

QUOTE(BABYFACE @ Nov 1 2009, 02:00 PM) [snapback]424324[/snapback]
My incident wasn't on game day but rather Friday night at Frogfest. I know the police have a tough job to do, but I would appeciate them to maintain their professionalism to the best of their ability. But if I had to choose, I would rather have the over zealous cop directing traffic than the passive one who is just watching traffic bottleneck at an intersection rather than directing it.

I'm with you that I would rather have police, than anarcy in society.

But the traffic on Stadium at noon was non-exitant, which is made it even more strange that he was yelling at people to "hurry up" and "Go now"

Screaming Flea

C/P this thread to Mike Moncrief...Mayor of Ft. Worth. Pretty sure it will be addressed by his office, quickly.

It's end his best interest to have fans from all over the state think well of Ft. Worth.

Or call which ever the tv station has a segment.. (ie: I need your help.)

Know for sure Fox has one. Eleven might have one. This could be juicy and they might grease the wheel a little.

Cussing out a citizen is absolutely wrong.

Still say the man is a corporal or Sargent with seniority and needs to put on another assignment!!!

Shooter

QUOTE(NewFrogFan @ Nov 1 2009, 10:57 AM) [snapback]424073[/snapback]
Old #87 told me samething about TSU game, said there was one "I've got the gun and badge and you don't" type PATROLLING lot 3 as a tailgater cop. He was supposedly harrassing any and everyone
he felt was in any way not meeting HIS tailgate standards. He has not been seen in Lot 3 the last few games, bet it is the same guy. Perhaps it is the cop that ran down Ryan Moats in Dallas when he was trying to get his wife to see her mother before she died (she died while Moats was being dressed down by this loser). He deservedly lost his job.

Yeah, add me to the list. We have several "storm troopers" in lot #3. They really need to take a chill pill especially around us "blue hairs." :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.