• The KillerFrogs

Time to fess up, what's your latest stupid superstition?

TCUFROG1998

This is me before every game this year...

images

puckster59

I write "Baylor" on a large piece of paper, crumple it up and light it on fire. While it's burning, I stick another pin into a stuffed bear while holding it over the smoke and chanting a short phrase that I believe is some sort of Haitian dialect.

If any of you dare make fun of this in any way, I will stop.

Chico Dusty

I usually watch with a good buddy who graduated TCU with me. If I'm not at the game, I prefer to keep it low key - so I can focus and hear the broadcast well. I've developed this quirk whenever something good happens in the game, or when we get up and celebrating, I always take a step back and say "we gotta stay focused and finish". I've seen too many games Frogs or not, where big leads are blown. It's weird, but it's worked so far. Slow and steady!

Limey Frog

So when we play Kansas State, you can't wear purple?
:rolleyes:

I have a faux-gold Horned Frog lapel pin. On Friday if the game is a big one I will wear it. For big game I wear a purple shirt and a TCU tie; not so big game just a regular purple tie; for K-State I wore a white shirt because we were away; today because we should beat KU without the extra mojo I just wore a vaguely purple tie. Wardrobe always matches the amount of help I calculate we need from the gods.

PurplFrawg

Administrator
I have a faux-gold Horned Frog lapel pin. On Friday if the game is a big one I will wear it. For big game I wear a purple shirt and a TCU tie; not so big game just a regular purple tie; for K-State I wore a white shirt because we were away; today because we should beat KU without the extra mojo I just wore a vaguely purple tie. Wardrobe always matches the amount of help I calculate we need from the gods.

12lufn.0.jpg

Volare

The last time I drank Dallas beer during a game was 61-58. Now it's just Fort Worth brew for me if I'm enjoying some beers during the game.

HG73

Angelo's pregame if home game. If away, I watch on TV but cannot stand except during breaks (I stood during the end of the Utah game when they came back to beat us). Same spot on the couch. If we are doing well, I have to sit in the same position. Can't go to bowl games, went to the Fiesta and we lost, stayed home for the Rose and we won. Other than that, I'm not superstitious.

Limey Frog

Angelo's pregame if home game. If away, I watch on TV but cannot stand except during breaks (I stood during the end of the Utah game when they came back to beat us). Same spot on the couch. If we are doing well, I have to sit in the same position. Can't go to bowl games, went to the Fiesta and we lost, stayed home for the Rose and we won. Other than that, I'm not superstitious.

That is a remarkable feat of self-control. I cannot make myself sit for big plays. Big third or fourth downs, etc. I always stand up or crouch right in front of the TV.