• The KillerFrogs

Time to fess up, what's your latest stupid superstition?

dawg

The wife bought me a new black TCU polo for Father's Day. It is 6-0 and hasn't been washed. She wants to wash it. SMH, I refuse. Why, she says. In words of the great Crash Davis, "Never scheiss with a winning streak."

Pregame meal has to be Whataburger. A #2, add bacon, cheese, and grilled jalapenos. I do this for the team.

Last edited:

S3NATOR

This years superstition is that I don't have one. I have had one every year since 2009. In 2014 I had a purple tooth brush that I used for the entire season. That is why we were so good. Other years it has been certain hats or t-shirts. I think it all started in 2009 with a pair of lucky boxers that I wore every gameday from 2009 to 2010. I did wash them...

wes

KIllerfrog Emeritus
Well it has to be my purple boxer shorts. I'm surprised you'd even ask.

They are 6-0 by the way

Limp Lizard

I apologize for starting a new thread. I'll try and delete it.

My wife has a really lifelike custom made horned frog gold pendant (22g) which she has worn on a gold necklace since at least 2010. She gave it a good talking to in the Rose Bowl, and Tank blocked the pass. Must have been asleep in 2013 and last year. I am wearing a new purple TCU logo golf shirt I got at Costco...I have 3, but marked the one I wore for the Ark and OSU games, so I know which one to wear...except for when I have to wear White or Black. I say I am not superstitious, but damn, it sure is hard not to have such a thing.

NNM

I can eat 50 eggs
I usually only put my TCU flag out on football game days, taking it down on Sundays (also fly it during CWS). This year I forgot to take it down on Sunday after the JSU game and left town for the week.

Well, they’ve continued to win.

So the flag stays up.

MAcFroggy

I meant to get new purple Nike ID tennis shoes before the season started, but I got busy and forgot to order them. By the time I remembered, I would not have had them until after the Arkansas game. We won the JSU game, so I told myself I would wait to submit the order until after the Arkansas game (if we lost I would order them if we won I would wait). We won, so I have not placed the order for the shoes. I currently have to wear blue and grey Nike tennis shoes to the game... but at least we are still winning.

dawg

I picked up a black somewhere back in 2010

giphy.gif

On game day I cannot wear any TCU-related or purple clothing -- unless I'm at the game (and I only make 1-2 games a year). Applies to baseball as well and I'm having such success I plan to move it to basketball this year. Of course, that still leaves lots of days for me to wear the TCU wardrobe.

Oh, and I will turn the sound on the TV down if we get behind.

Evlo59

I also wear a slight look of opposing team colors on Thursday almost as an offering and nod of respect to the footballs gods

TxFrog1999

The Man Behind The Curtain
I haven't shaved my beard. Thank goodness I have an understanding, loving Horned Frog wife, who herself has worn the same shirt every gameday.

MinerFrog2409

The offseason sucks
Since the 2014 season I have worn purple boxer briefs every game. They do get washed in between wears. And I continue to do this every week win or lose. So its become more of a tradition than a superstition.