• The KillerFrogs

Tennessee could not hire an assistant coach?

Delmonico

Semi-Omnipotent Being
QUOTE(Frostie @ Jan 14 2010, 12:53 PM) [snapback]503258[/snapback]
Posted an hour ago on the Statesman: The Austin American-Statesman’s Suzanne Halliburton reports that Muschamp plans on being with the Texas program “a long time.” But despite those denials, the CollegeFootballNews.com’s Pete Fiutak still ranks Muschamp as the favorite for the vacant Tennessee job.

As much I enjoy the chain-yanking the gdu is asking for and getting.....the Fuitak article is from yesterday. Muschamp has turned down Tenn and it looks like Troy Calhoun of AFA is going to be the man in Knoxville.

gdu

QUOTE(RSF @ Jan 14 2010, 06:56 PM) [snapback]503260[/snapback]
Obfuscation is the concealment of intended meaning in communication, making communication confusing, intentionally ambiguous, and more difficult to interpret.......

just1  /dʒʌst/ Show Spelled Pronunciation [juhst] Show IPA
–adverb
only or merely: He was just a clerk until he became ambitious.

gdu

RSF, why do you always change/delete your posts?

Did you realize I had typed the word just and used it in a common situation, where it has context and didn't concel anything?

QUOTE(gdu @ Jan 14 2010, 01:59 PM) [snapback]503264[/snapback]
just1  /dʒʌst/ Show Spelled Pronunciation [juhst] Show IPA
–adverb
only or merely: He was just a clerk until he became ambitious.

And the hits keep coming.

Frostie

QUOTE(gdu @ Jan 14 2010, 12:57 PM) [snapback]503261[/snapback]
I didn't realize Fran won an NC at TCU years before CGP got there.

Good grief, it is known by all that UT won a national championship with a freak of an athlete, it is also well documented that the best thing Mack did was not to Coach him, but to just let him do his thing. You cannot dispute this fact!! There is not a lot of oxygen under Mack's desk and it is clouding your judgement.

gdu

QUOTE(RSF @ Jan 14 2010, 06:57 PM) [snapback]503262[/snapback]
As much I enjoy the chain-yanking the gdu is asking for and getting.....the Fuitak article is from yesterday. Muschamp has turned down Tenn and it looks like Troy Calhoun of AFA is going to be the man in Knoxville.

And I'm not sure what chain-yanking you think I am asking for or getting, but I haven't thought for 1 single second that Muschamp was going to TN? Were other people worried? Maybe? Should I have been worred? Maybe. COuld he have gone there despite what I thought he would do? Of course. But that doesn't change the fact that I never thought for 1 second he would go to TN this year and I therefore never worred about it. So I am not real sure how anything anyone here said on the subject could yank my chain.

gdu

QUOTE(Frostie @ Jan 14 2010, 07:01 PM) [snapback]503267[/snapback]
Good grief, it is known by all that UT won a national championship with a freak of an athlete, it is also well documented that the best thing Mack did was not to Coach him, but to just let him do his thing. You cannot dispute this fact!! There is not a lot of oxygen under Mack's desk and it is clouding your judgement.

Have I ever disputed that? Has anyone here ever acknowledge that recruiting is a HUGE part of coaching in college?

Mack did just fine before Will (Heisman winner, lots of 10 win seasons and bowl wins) and he would have done jsut fine without him.

They way you guys talk makes it seem like Kiffin has done more as a coach than Mack.

Frostie

QUOTE(RSF @ Jan 14 2010, 12:57 PM) [snapback]503262[/snapback]

Bummer, should have checked before I sent. Oh well, I will end this with a couple of Mack Brown jokes from his days of coaching UNC.

What do Mack Brown, Dean Smith and Dick Crum have in common?

None have ever coached football at the University of North Carolina.

What do Mack Brown's North Carolina football team and the Smurfs have in common? They both run around in little blue outfits on Saturday morning and look foolish.

QUOTE(gdu @ Jan 14 2010, 02:03 PM) [snapback]503269[/snapback]
And I'm not sure what chain-yanking you think I am asking for or getting, but I haven't thought for 1 single second that Muschamp was going to TN? Were other people worried? Maybe?

Wait...I swear you said no one was worried.

Now, it's maybe?

I'm getting whiplash.

QUOTE(gdu @ Jan 13 2010, 02:34 PM) [snapback]502562[/snapback]
You can argue that there should have been worries if you want. I am just saying there weren't. Texas is a much better job than Tenn.

gdu

QUOTE(gohornedfrogs @ Jan 14 2010, 07:07 PM) [snapback]503276[/snapback]
Wait...I swear you said no one was worried.

Now, it's maybe?

I'm getting whiplash.

I never said no one was worried. it's the internet. Stupid people worry about everything. I said none of the people I know connected to the program were worried and niether was I.

Link: http://www.killerfrogs.com/msgboard/index....mp;#entry502335

So why didn't you say hi since you recognized me?

QUOTE(gdu @ Jan 14 2010, 02:10 PM) [snapback]503279[/snapback]
I never said no one was worried. it's the internet. Stupid people worry about everything. I said none of the people I know connected to the program were worried and niether was I.

So why didn't you say hi since you recognized me?

Since you won't let it go...

Like I said, you were moving pretty quickly.

I wasn't about to chase you down, and thought you might come back. Honestly, I enjoy meeting people from this forum. I think you'll find that people get along a lot better once they've met face to face. Probably could have done you some good, but that's just my humble opinion.

gdu

QUOTE(gohornedfrogs @ Jan 14 2010, 07:15 PM) [snapback]503284[/snapback]
Since you won't let it go...

Like I said, you were moving pretty quickly.

I wasn't about to chase you down, and thought you might come back. Honestly, I enjoy meeting people from this forum. I think you'll find that people get along a lot better once they've met face to face. Probably could have done you some good, but that's just my humble opinion.

Done me some good? I never have a problem with frog fans in person, only here. You know why? Most frog fans I meet don't bring up Texas. And even when they do, it is easier to have a level-headed conversation about them in person where emotions are easier to convey. On here, it's easy for everyone to act like [ Craig James]s and not have to deal with it.

We did get a couple weird looks from folks on the trip when we told them my fiance went to Texas, but after sitting and chatting with them everyone got along great. My fiance, who has no other ties to TCU than me, is a bigger TCU fan than most of the kids I graduated from TCU with.

I love meeting TCU people. I met alot of wonderful TCU folks on this trip (just like every trip I go on - it is amazing where you meet TCU folks all over the world when you are wearing TCU gear).

Next time you see me, stop and say hey. I have no idea who you are but I love to bull[Deleted] and talk some TCU football.

desmith03

QUOTE(gdu @ Jan 14 2010, 12:02 PM) [snapback]503225[/snapback]
Do you feel the need to be wrong sometimes?

When is your wedding date? :tongue:

gdu

QUOTE(Daniel @ Jan 14 2010, 07:30 PM) [snapback]503293[/snapback]
When is your wedding date? :tongue:

after football season and March Madness.

desmith03

QUOTE(gdu @ Jan 14 2010, 01:40 PM) [snapback]503310[/snapback]
after football season and March Madness.

Good timing, but I was just making a joke about the need to feel wrong sometimes and marriage... :rolleyes: Just trying to lighten the mood around here.

TheSheik

smiley-face-popcorn.gif

gdu

QUOTE(Daniel @ Jan 14 2010, 07:45 PM) [snapback]503316[/snapback]
Good timing, but I was just making a joke about the need to feel wrong sometimes and marriage... :rolleyes: Just trying to lighten the mood around here.

I know. I'm fine. I do sense so uptightness though. Hopefully that will fade though.

2314@work

Contributor
QUOTE(gdu @ Jan 14 2010, 01:22 PM) [snapback]503288[/snapback]
I have no idea who you are but I love to bull[Deleted] and talk some TCU football.

Is that right, Mr. Hypocrite?
I damn sure know you wouldn't be nice to me (btw, I was nice to Texas fans during the Super Regional, otherwise known as The Berm Series. Ask Top if you don't believe me. Or don't. I don't give a crap what you think).

gdu

QUOTE(2314@work @ Jan 14 2010, 07:56 PM) [snapback]503337[/snapback]
Is that right, Mr. Hypocrite?
I damn sure know you wouldn't be nice to me (btw, I was nice to Texas fans during the Super Regional, otherwise known as The Berm Series. Ask Top if you don't believe me. Or don't. I don't give a crap what you think).

"I have no idea who you are but I love to bull[Deleted] and talk some TCU football."

That is the statement you quoted before calling me a hypocrite. What about the is hypocritical?

Why wouldn't I be nice to you? If you said something I disgareed with, I would tell you what I thought. But if we talked about TCU football, I would have no reason not to be nice. You seem as though you might be akward in social situations, but I could deal with that.

Why would I care about you being nice to Texas fans at a baseball game? Most adults are able to do things like that wothout being proud of them as though they are some sort of accomplishment.