• The KillerFrogs

Tennessee could not hire an assistant coach?

gdu

QUOTE(peterbecket @ Jan 15 2010, 02:45 AM) [snapback]503578[/snapback]
Bingo. You could of skipped all the garbage between my first post and now. My point still remains valid as usual. What is sad is all the garbage everyone has had to wade through.

No, your point isn't valid. If Tenn couldn't hire the DC at Air Force or the wide receiver's coach at Fresno State, it would be. But the "assistant" you refer to is like the 2nd highest paid assistant in the country with a contract to pay him alot more, and that will make him the head coach of a much better program. And there are plenty of more factors. TN didn't just get turned down by an assistant (which would be a surprise). They get turned down by the head coach in waiting of a superior program.

P

peterbecket

QUOTE(gdu @ Jan 14 2010, 08:50 PM) [snapback]503585[/snapback]
No, your point isn't valid. If Tenn couldn't hire the DC at Air Force or the wide receiver's coach at Fresno State, it would be. But the "assistant" you refer to is like the 2nd highest paid assistant in the country with a contract to pay him alot more, and that will make him the head coach of a much better program. And there are plenty of more factors. TN didn't just get turned down by an assistant (which would be a surprise). They get turned down by the head coach in waiting of a superior program.

LOL, you will argue about anything. How are things for you personally?

Frostie

QUOTE(gdu @ Jan 14 2010, 08:36 PM) [snapback]503562[/snapback]
Wow. Talk about irrelevant. Hoge has always been a VY hater. Nobody with a brain takes him serious on anything he says about VY.

So, let's get it all straight:

My responses in red below

Mack didn't have to do anything to recruit him bc he was from Houston. You have alluded to this but have not elaborated on how Mack convinced him to go to UT. Please enlighten the board with your insight.

VY was so awesome, that he alone won the MNC Incorrect someone had to snap him the ball, they also had to teach the receivers to go stand on the Xs so Vince could throw them the ball. Vince really struggled with moving targets in College.

VY was such a baby in hs, that no one even wanted him No but it turned off some schools.

VY was terrible for a year and a half in college, but Mack doesn't develop players. Correct I stated this earlier,Vince blossomed after Mack stopped trying to develop him and let him freestyle. Mack has even stated this on numerous occasions.

Btw, love how you skipped over my facts about Mack not graduating his players, excellent Lawyer tactic, focus on the statements you can argue.

gdu

QUOTE(peterbecket @ Jan 15 2010, 02:54 AM) [snapback]503589[/snapback]
LOL, you will argue about anything. How are things for you personally?

It isn't about arguing about everything. I disagreed with your thread from my very first post.

Things for me personally are great. I am getting married soon. I have a great family. I have a great house in my favorite part of town in my favorite city in the world that we just finished building. I love my job. My favorite football team had their best season of my lifetime and I got to watch them in a BCS bowl. My second favorite team got to play in the BCS title game and I got to go to both games. I have 2 great dogs. And my health. Couldn't ask for more.

gdu

QUOTE(Frostie @ Jan 15 2010, 02:55 AM) [snapback]503590[/snapback]
Btw, love how you skipped over my facts about Mack not graduating his players, excellent Lawyer tactic, focus on the statements you can argue.

your statement about Mack not graduating players is utterly irrelevant to whether or not he had anything to do with VY coming to Texas. If you want to bring it up when it is relevant, I'd be glad to address it. Until then, quit changing the sbuject bc you don't have a good argument.

"You have alluded to this but have not elaborated on how Mack convinced him to go to UT. Please enlighten the board with your insight."

The onus isn't on me to prove that he did. Most people with half a brain realizes that when a great player goes to school x, it is bc school x's coach recruited him there. The onus is on the LSU fan to back up his statements that that isn't what happened here. Problem is, he is talking out of his [Deleted] and can't do it.

Frostie

QUOTE(gdu @ Jan 14 2010, 08:59 PM) [snapback]503597[/snapback]
your statement about Mack not graduating players is utterly irrelevant to whether or not he had anything to do with VY coming to Texas. If you want to bring it up when it is relevant, I'd be glad to address it. Until then, quit changing the sbuject bc you don't have a good argument.

Okay, then respond to the one that was relevent to our conversation. What did Mack Brown do to convince Vince Young to come to UT?

YCBJ Frog

QUOTE(gdu @ Jan 14 2010, 08:15 PM) [snapback]503540[/snapback]
haha. Way to deflect. You made the first statement. How would you have any idea? Seriously.

I'm still waiting for you to say where I was incorrect.

You're still a coward. Make an argument for once, instead of [SIZE=14pt]JUST[/SIZE] talking yourself in circles.

Completely spineless...

gdu

QUOTE(Frostie @ Jan 15 2010, 03:03 AM) [snapback]503599[/snapback]
Okay, then respond to the one that was relevent to our conversation. What did Mack Brown do to convince Vince Young to come to UT?

Again, that is the default. I know from my conversations (and common sense dictates) that Mack was a big reason VY came to Texas. ycbj said it wasn't so he is the one who needs to proove his statement.

YCBJ Frog

QUOTE(gdu @ Jan 14 2010, 08:57 PM) [snapback]503593[/snapback]
It isn't about arguing about everything. I disagreed with your thread from my very first post.

Things for me personally are great. I am getting married soon. I have a great family. I have a great house in my favorite part of town in my favorite city in the world that we just finished building. I love my job. My favorite football team had their best season of my lifetime and I got to watch them in a BCS bowl. My second favorite team got to play in the BCS title game and I got to go to both games. I have 2 great dogs. And my health. Couldn't ask for more.

So I guess your girlfriend/soon-to-be wife isn't fat anymore. Congratulations. Enjoy the stretchmarks.

gdu

QUOTE(you_can @ Jan 15 2010, 03:11 AM) [snapback]503601[/snapback]
I'm still waiting for you to say where I was incorrect.
You're still a coward. Make an argument for once, instead of [SIZE=14pt]JUST[/SIZE] talking yourself in circles.
Completely spineless...

You are 100% incorrect in saying that Mack didn't have anything to do with VY coming to Texas.

That doesn't make any sense. Players like VY are recruited by everyone, so there is no way he came to Texas just bc it was close to home. A&M, LSU and OU are too, but he didn't go to any of them.

You are the one who made a statement and can't back it up, not me. That makes you a liar. You give me anything other than your opinion about why Mack didn't have anything to do with VY coming to Texas and I will respond. That's how these sorts of things work.

gdu

QUOTE(you_can @ Jan 15 2010, 03:16 AM) [snapback]503605[/snapback]
So I guess your girlfriend/soon-to-be wife isn't fat anymore. Congratulations. Enjoy the stretchmarks.

I don't even know what that means and I didn't when Leach said it either. Keep diverting with your lies though. It's really effective.

YCBJ Frog

QUOTE(gdu @ Jan 14 2010, 08:59 PM) [snapback]503597[/snapback]

"You have alluded to this but have not elaborated on how Mack convinced him to go to UT. Please enlighten the board with your insight."

The onus isn't on me to prove that he did. Most people with half a brain realizes that when a great player goes to school x, it is bc school x's coach recruited him there. The onus is on the LSU fan to back up his statements that that isn't what happened here. Problem is, he is talking out of his [Deleted] and can't do it.

Unlike you, my allegiances are massively to TCU. I only root for LSU when it doesn't hurt TCU, and with us now on a level where we can go after the same recruits they do, that time has passed. You on the other hand get a hard-on thinking about Shipley getting pounded by Colt while Mack Brown cups his danglies.

You still haven't said where I was wrong, vagina.

gdu

QUOTE(you_can @ Jan 15 2010, 03:19 AM) [snapback]503608[/snapback]
Unlike you, my allegiances are massively to TCU. I only root for LSU when it doesn't hurt TCU, and with us now on a level where we can go after the same recruits they do, that time has passed. You on the other hand get a hard-on thinking about Shipley getting pounded by Colt while Mack Brown cups his danglies.
You still haven't said where I was wrong, vagina.

I've said where you were wrong several times now, you are just ignoring it since you know you made it up in the first place.

You sure seem to like talking about gay sex though. Hey, wahtever gets your mind off the lie you told and can't defend...

YCBJ Frog

QUOTE(gdu @ Jan 14 2010, 09:17 PM) [snapback]503606[/snapback]
You are 100% incorrect in saying that Mack didn't have anything to do with VY coming to Texas.

That doesn't make any sense. Players like VY are recruited by everyone, so there is no way he came to Texas just bc it was close to home. A&M, LSU and OU are too, but he didn't go to any of them.

You are the one who made a statement and can't back it up, not me. That makes you a liar. You give me anything other than your opinion about why Mack didn't have anything to do with VY coming to Texas and I will respond. That's how these sorts of things work.

Never said he didn't do anything to get him, just that him getting Young to come to UT wasn't some great feat. His family wasn't in a financial position to travel and he wanted to be close to home so that his family would be nearby (his grandmother mainly). With his talent level he belonged at a place that could give him good coverage and a chance for a championship, which left him with UT, LSU, OU, and USC (which were his last teams he listed as interests before he committed to UT). He also stated that his desire to stay close to home being a factor in going to Texas and being a factor in his desire to go to Houston in the 2006 draft.

Feel free to make an argument other than "Nah ah, you're wrong!" at any point now.

Geez, you're stupid.

YCBJ Frog

QUOTE(you_can @ Jan 14 2010, 09:27 PM) [snapback]503613[/snapback]
Feel free to make an argument other than "Nah ah, you're wrong!" at any point now.

QUOTE(gdu @ Jan 14 2010, 09:22 PM) [snapback]503610[/snapback]
I've said where you were wrong several times now, you are just ignoring it since you know you made it up in the first place.

I rest my case.

gdu

QUOTE(you_can @ Jan 15 2010, 03:27 AM) [snapback]503613[/snapback]
Never said he didn't do anything to get him, just that him getting Young to come to UT wasn't some great feat. His family wasn't in a financial position to travel and he wanted to be close to home so that his family would be nearby (his grandmother mainly). With his talent level he belonged at a place that could give him good coverage and a chance for a championship, which left him with UT, LSU, OU, and USC (which were his last teams he listed as interests before he committed to UT). He also stated that his desire to stay close to home being a factor in going to Texas and being a factor in his desire to go to Houston in the 2006 draft.

Geez, you're stupid.

Yeah, Mack sure lucked into outrecruiting USC, OU and LSU. What a worthless recruiter! Great argument you made. Absolutely brilliant. Joe McKnight must have been loaded to go to USC. I'm sure all the kids from Texas that went to play for Miami, FSU and Notre Dame before Mack got here had their own planes so their families could make it to their games.

gdu

QUOTE(you_can @ Jan 15 2010, 03:28 AM) [snapback]503614[/snapback]
I rest my case.

Yeah, that works in court.

Plaintiff: "x happened. Let the defendant prove what I said isn't true."

Frogs On A Plane

Ticket Exchange Pass
popcorn.gif

YCBJ Frog

QUOTE(gdu @ Jan 14 2010, 09:30 PM) [snapback]503615[/snapback]
Yeah, Mack sure lucked into outrecruiting USC, OU and LSU. What a worthless recruiter! Great argument you made. Absolutely brilliant. Joe McKnight must have been loaded to go to USC. I'm sure all the kids from Texas that went to play for Miami, FSU and Notre Dame before Mack got here had their own planes so their families could make it to their games.

LSU dropped the ball and failed to cover their own territory when McKnight went to USC. If Young had gone elsewhere, people in Austin would've said the same about Mack not getting his in-state talent wrapped up. It would've been more of a failure to not get him than getting him was a success. Do you dispute that?