• The KillerFrogs

Tennessee could not hire an assistant coach?

gdu

QUOTE(OmniscienceFrog @ Jan 14 2010, 05:37 PM) [snapback]503200[/snapback]
I'm willing to do that, are you?

willing to do what? Of course, we can wait and look back on Mack's. I was clearly talking about situations where this has already happended, not where it will happen. Notice my use of tenses.

gdu

QUOTE(froglicious @ Jan 14 2010, 05:44 PM) [snapback]503202[/snapback]
And the true colors...

so, that's it? That's it for you? That is the test?

YA

QUOTE(gdu @ Jan 14 2010, 10:57 AM) [snapback]503139[/snapback]
Your Texas friends probably don't have any connections to the program and they are probably not very football smart anyways. Texas did just fine before Muschamp got to Austin and would be just fine if he left. Funny that you take pleasure in watching them squirm when TCU fans do every year about CGP possibly leaving.

QUOTE(gdu @ Jan 14 2010, 11:12 AM) [snapback]503168[/snapback]
which is just a bit better than the poinsettia and armed forces bowl.

You are a bigger ut fan than TCU fan with these comments. I still think you have the "newbie" attorney disease that you have the need to be right and on top of all things to prove how smart you are to the partners.

South Texas Frog

QUOTE(YA @ Jan 14 2010, 11:54 AM) [snapback]503216[/snapback]
You are a bigger ut fan than TCU fan with these comments. I still think you have the "newbie" attorney disease that you have the need to be right and on top of all things to prove how smart you are to the partners.

Any firm worth their salt wouldn't hire a [ profanity ] like gdu.

South Texas Frog

QUOTE(gdu @ Jan 14 2010, 11:46 AM) [snapback]503206[/snapback]
Why are you getting so upset by all this? We are just talking football. No need to resort to insults and namecalling. Seriously.

Far from being upset. Just fun to point out what a ut homer you are and then watch you go into full meltdown mode.

gdu

QUOTE(YA @ Jan 14 2010, 05:54 PM) [snapback]503216[/snapback]

2 comments on a message board don't outweigh all of the actual considerations of what makes someone a fan. If it does for you, then why should I bother explaining anything else.

I don't need to be right and on top of all things. That being said, when I am right I am going to give my side until I think I am wrong, at which point my opinion will be changed and I will think I am right again. Do you feel the need to be wrong sometimes?

And I don't have partners that I need to impress.

gdu

QUOTE(South Texas Frog @ Jan 14 2010, 05:58 PM) [snapback]503221[/snapback]
Any firm worth their salt wouldn't hire a [ profanity ] like gdu.

Ah, more namecalling. How cute.

BTW, I like how you resort to the atty insults as soon as YA does every time.

gdu

QUOTE(South Texas Frog @ Jan 14 2010, 06:01 PM) [snapback]503224[/snapback]
Far from being upset. Just fun to point out what a ut homer you are and then watch you go into full meltdown mode.

you seem closer to a meltdown than me. I am doing just fine. You are dishing out things and can't take 'em coming back your way. Then you talk about physical assaults and resorts to lame namecalling. I am just here to talk about the thread topic. It seems you can't do that without getting upset. You should be able to control your emotions better than this.

YA

QUOTE(gdu @ Jan 14 2010, 12:02 PM) [snapback]503225[/snapback]
2 comments on a message board don't outweigh all of the actual considerations of what makes someone a fan. If it does for you, then why should I bother explaining anything else.

I don't need to be right and on top of all things. That being said, when I am right I am going to give my side until I think I am wrong, at which point my opinion will be changed and I will think I am right again. Do you feel the need to be wrong sometimes?

And I don't have partners that I need to impress.

It isn't just those 2 comments. It is your history of comments that paint you more of a ut fan than TCU.

Let get this straight--you post until proven wrong and then your opinion will change and you are right again? Humility much? Your circular logic shows how your mind works. You just admitted you are narcissistic.

BTW, it isn't a bad trait to ADMIT when one is wrong. IT IS A BAD TRAIT TO SAY YOU ARE NEVER WRONG!

gdu

QUOTE(YA @ Jan 14 2010, 06:09 PM) [snapback]503233[/snapback]
It isn't just those 2 comments. It is your history of comments that paint you more of a ut fan than TCU.

Let get this straight--you post until proven wrong and then your opinion will change and you are right again? Humility much? Your circular logic shows how your mind works. You just admitted you are narcissistic.

BTW, it isn't a bad trait to ADMIT when one is wrong. IT IS A BAD TRAIT TO SAY YOU ARE NEVER WRONG!

I have never said I am never wrong. I have admitted on here before to being wrong. It isn't a big deal. But I post about things when I think I am right. When would I keep posting something I think is wrong. If I find out I was wrong about something, I was wrong past tense. I don't continue to be wrong about it. Make sense?

History of comments? That's it? I sure could save a hell of alot of time and money if I truly were a bigger ut fan than TCU. I'll worry about being perceived as a bigger ut fan than TCU when 1 single person who has met me in real life thinks that.

QUOTE(gdu @ Jan 14 2010, 11:55 AM) [snapback]503134[/snapback]
I don't respond every time is UT mentioned.

You asked why I didn't come chat with you at the frog amublance at the fiesta bowl and said I should want to since you are on kfc. I said I had no idea who you were and if anyone in the parking lot was on kfc and asked why you didn't start a conversation with me since you clearly recognized me.

Shoot me.

gdu

QUOTE(gohornedfrogs @ Jan 14 2010, 06:24 PM) [snapback]503239[/snapback]
Shoot me.

Not surprised by your lack of answer.

OmniscienceFrog

QUOTE(gdu @ Jan 14 2010, 11:45 AM) [snapback]503204[/snapback]
You would have to be a moron to think I responded as though he was not an assistant coach. I said he wasn't "just" an assistant coach. "Just", in the context, means that he is that, but also something more. The something more here is very important. If he were "just" an assistant at Texas, I can't imagine he wouldn't have already taken the job by now.

Yes or no, is Will Muschamp the head football coach at the University of Texas?

Yes or no, is Will Muschamp an assistant football coach at the University of Texas?

That was the simple context the OP used, and he was right. You on the other hand have to turn this thread into a novel by simply refusing to recognize it since you think it steps on your toes as a UT fan.

gdu

QUOTE(OmniscienceFrog @ Jan 14 2010, 06:44 PM) [snapback]503250[/snapback]
Yes or no, is Will Muschamp the head football coach at the University of Texas?

Yes or no, is Will Muschamp an assistant football coach at the University of Texas?

That was the simple context the OP used, and he was right. You on the other hand have to turn this thread into a novel by simply refusing to recognize it since you think it steps on your toes as a UT fan.
I never said he wasn't right about Muschamp being an assistant coach. Go back and read what I actually wrote. Context matters and he isn't "just" an assistant coach. If he were "just" an assistant coach, he wouldn't have the pay he does now, the contract, or the spot as the next head coach at Texas and it is highly likely that he would have left for the TN job. But since he is not "just" a head coach, he has all those things and is not leaving.

There are head coaches who also coordinate one side of the ball. Would you call them just coordinators?

Frostie

QUOTE(gdu @ Jan 14 2010, 12:39 PM) [snapback]503248[/snapback]
no raise for muschamp is the word: http://www.statesman.com/blogs/content/sha...amp_wont_r.html

Posted an hour ago on the Statesman: The Austin American-Statesman’s Suzanne Halliburton reports that Muschamp plans on being with the Texas program “a long time.” But despite those denials, the CollegeFootballNews.com’s Pete Fiutak still ranks Muschamp as the favorite for the vacant Tennessee job.

If I were a Texas fan I would be worried that the "true' HC might be leaving. Muschamp is to Brown as Patterson was to Franchione. If Muschamp leaves the program takes a huge hit, if Mack left not so much, which is why UT fans are so nervous.

Delmonico

Semi-Omnipotent Being
QUOTE(gdu @ Jan 14 2010, 12:49 PM) [snapback]503254[/snapback]
I never said he wasn't right about Muschamp being an assistant coach. Go back and read what I actually wrote. Context matters and he isn't "just" an assistant coach. If he were "just" an assistant coach, he wouldn't have the pay he does now, the contract, or the spot as the next head coach at Texas and it is highly likely that he would have left for the TN job. But since he is not "just" a head coach, he has all those things and is not leaving.

There are head coaches who also coordinate one side of the ball. Would you call them just coordinators?

Sigh......

gdu

QUOTE(Frostie @ Jan 14 2010, 06:53 PM) [snapback]503258[/snapback]
Posted an hour ago on the Statesman: The Austin American-Statesman’s Suzanne Halliburton reports that Muschamp plans on being with the Texas program “a long time.” But despite those denials, the CollegeFootballNews.com’s Pete Fiutak still ranks Muschamp as the favorite for the vacant Tennessee job.

If I were a Texas fan I would be worried that the "true' HC might be leaving. Muschamp is to Brown as Patterson was to Franchione. If Muschamp leaves the program takes a huge hit, if Mack left not so much, which is why UT fans are so nervous.

I didn't realize Fran won an NC at TCU years before CGP got there.