• The KillerFrogs

Tennessee could not hire an assistant coach?

gdu

QUOTE(you_can @ Jan 15 2010, 03:41 AM) [snapback]503626[/snapback]
LSU dropped the ball and failed to cover their own territory when McKnight went to USC. If Young had gone elsewhere, people in Austin would've said the same about Mack not getting his in-state talent wrapped up. It would've been more of a failure to not get him than getting him was a success. Do you dispute that?

Yes. He was the #1 QB in the whole country. Nobody has dibs on a guy like that. There were plenty of reasons for him to go to USC or OU when he committed to Texas and Mack had to do a heck of job to outrecruit Carroll and Stoops.

Is Texas "failing to cover their own territory" if Seastrunk goes elsewhere?

Do you know anyone who doesn't consider Mack to be a good recruiter? Most of his recruits are Texas products, who should be gimmes in your mind. If Mack is a bad recruiter and bad coach, how does he have 2 NC appearances?

YCBJ Frog

QUOTE(gdu @ Jan 14 2010, 09:56 PM) [snapback]503638[/snapback]
Yes. He was the #1 QB in the whole country. Nobody has dibs on a guy like that. There were plenty of reasons for him to go to USC or OU when he committed to Texas and Mack had to do a heck of job to outrecruit Carroll and Stoops.

Is Texas "failing to cover their own territory" if Seastrunk goes elsewhere?

Do you know anyone who doesn't consider Mack to be a good recruiter? Most of his recruits are Texas products, who should be gimmes in your mind. If Mack is a bad recruiter and bad coach, how does he have [SIZE=14pt]2 NC appearances?[/SIZE]

This made me LOL.

I never said he was a bad recruiter, as you keep claiming I said. I simply said that Young going to Texas wasn't some big coup for Mack Brown. Joe McKnight was the number one overall player in the country (not just at his position as VY was) and people flipped sheet in Baton Rouge for LSU and Miles not locking him down considing he lived an hour drive from Baton Rouge. It doesn't matter if they are awesome enough to draw interest from all over the place, if you don't secure the talent of your recruiting footprint, it will be seen as dropping the ball if you are a premier program.

The overall talent of that class was incredible, and he should be given credit for that. That doesn't change the fact that all Mack Brown had to do to win a national championship was recruit his school's footprint and sit back and watch, which he admitted to doing with Vince Young because he didn't respond to "over-coaching" (because he's a moron).

QUOTE(Horned Toad @ Jan 14 2010, 10:39 PM) [snapback]503623[/snapback]
Pardon me please. I need to go ask my wife to kick me in the gonads for reading this entire thread! :angry:

You mean she didn't already do it, anyway?

You've got a good wife.

Frogs On A Plane

Ticket Exchange Pass
QUOTE(FeistyFrog @ Jan 15 2010, 12:15 AM) [snapback]503653[/snapback]
Anybody have a count...I quit a while back.

102.... thats how many times I have thought about [Deleted] slapping GDU today... well at least in the last hour...

P

peterbecket

QUOTE(gdu @ Jan 14 2010, 08:57 PM) [snapback]503593[/snapback]
It isn't about arguing about everything. I disagreed with your thread from my very first post.

Things for me personally are great. I am getting married soon. I have a great family. I have a great house in my favorite part of town in my favorite city in the world that we just finished building. I love my job. My favorite football team had their best season of my lifetime and I got to watch them in a BCS bowl. My second favorite team got to play in the BCS title game and I got to go to both games. I have 2 great dogs. And my health. Couldn't ask for more.

Have you been married before?

Trelvis

QUOTE(Frogs On A Plane @ Jan 15 2010, 03:38 AM) [snapback]503620[/snapback]
popcorn.gif

23m7tjd.jpg

Trelvis

QUOTE(Frogs On A Plane @ Jan 15 2010, 04:28 AM) [snapback]503665[/snapback]
BWHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHA. Right cleeeeeeeeek. save.

rlw5ud.gif

I figured you would like that hahaha

OmniscienceFrog

QUOTE(gdu @ Jan 14 2010, 08:18 PM) [snapback]503542[/snapback]
Are you that stupid or are you just pretending to waste everyone's time?

You are questioning somebody else's stupidity? :laugh:

You are accusing someone else of wasting everyone's time? :laugh: :laugh:

Who has the most posts in this thread again?

Do you not recongize the difference between coordinators and other assistants?

Yes I do. Coordinators are assistants with the title of Coordinator.

What about between assistants and head coaches in waiting?

Yes, I suppose, since head coaches in waiting are usually assistants with the title of Coordinator

The real question is, do you not recognize the difference between an assistant with the title of Coordinator/Head Coach in Waiting and just plain ol' Head Coach. To this point you haven't shown the ability to recognize it.

BTW Mr. WhenYouStoopToNamecallingItJustMeansYouHaveNoLegitimateArgument, congrats on the namecalling.

P

peterbecket

QUOTE(OmniscienceFrog @ Jan 15 2010, 01:23 AM) [snapback]503703[/snapback]
gdu apparently peters out at 74 posts (out of 191 in the thread) for 39% of the thread total.

He does not want to answer my question on being married.

gdu

QUOTE(peterbecket @ Jan 15 2010, 04:19 AM) [snapback]503658[/snapback]
Have you been married before?

No. Once will be it for me.

gdu

QUOTE(peterbecket @ Jan 15 2010, 01:10 PM) [snapback]503728[/snapback]
He does not want to answer my question on being married.

Actually, I went upstairs to watch the Cavs game with my fiance (who is from Cleveland). I don't believe I have ever avoided a question of me on here.

gdu

QUOTE(you_can @ Jan 15 2010, 03:27 AM) [snapback]503613[/snapback]
Never said he didn't do anything to get him, just that him getting Young to come to UT wasn't some great feat. His family wasn't in a financial position to travel and he wanted to be close to home so that his family would be nearby (his grandmother mainly). With his talent level he belonged at a place that could give him good coverage and a chance for a championship, which left him with UT, LSU, OU, and USC (which were his last teams he listed as interests before he committed to UT). He also stated that his desire to stay close to home being a factor in going to Texas and being a factor in his desire to go to Houston in the 2006 draft.

Feel free to make an argument other than "Nah ah, you're wrong!" at any point now.

Geez, you're stupid.

So bc Les Miles is a bad recruiter, Mack is only average with regards to VY?

When it comes to the #1 overall player, close to home isn't enough. You HAVE to be a good recruiter to get a guy like that.

Where do you think Seantrel Henderson will up?

gdu

QUOTE(Frogs On A Plane @ Jan 15 2010, 04:18 AM) [snapback]503657[/snapback]
102.... thats how many times I have thought about [Deleted] slapping GDU today... well at least in the last hour...

and yet you can't forgo reading even one post in any thread I post in. Weird.

gdu

QUOTE(OmniscienceFrog @ Jan 15 2010, 05:12 AM) [snapback]503678[/snapback]
Yes I do. Coordinators are assistants with the title of Coordinator.
Yes, I suppose, since head coaches in waiting are usually assistants with the title of Coordinator
The real question is, do you not recognize the difference between an assistant with the title of Coordinator/Head Coach in Waiting and just plain ol' Head Coach. To this point you haven't shown the ability to recognize it.

BTW Mr. WhenYouStoopToNamecallingItJustMeansYouHaveNoLegitimateArgument, congrats on the namecalling.

I never said, implied or thought that WM wasn't ALSO an assistant. That doesn't mean his is "just" an assistant. I guess that makes a VP in a company just an employee in your mind...

I "haven't shown the ability to recognize the difference between an assistant with the title of Coordinator/Head Coach in Waiting and just plain ol' Head Coach"? Wow, just wow.

neo926

QUOTE(gdu @ Jan 15 2010, 08:40 AM) [snapback]503755[/snapback]
I don't believe I have ever avoided a question of me on here.

I think that's part of the problem.

YCBJ Frog

QUOTE(gdu @ Jan 15 2010, 08:39 AM) [snapback]503754[/snapback]
No. Once will be it for me.

Want to bet? Unless she's as annoying and ignorant as you are, I've got 20 bucks that says you either get divorced or it ends with her beating you to death while strangling you and lighting you on fire.