• The KillerFrogs

Tech interested in Holgorson?

TCUdirtbag

WVU seems to have supporters that think they’re the “Beast of the East”. Or should be. How many guaranteed years are left on Holgo’s contract? There could be howling from influential boosters if his team backslides. Or doesn’t win the conference next year.
TTech could provide real financial security for Holgo. Either at WVU or TTech.

This. Wasn’t his seat “hot” the last couple years? I’m thinking if there’s any interest in him from Lubbock, he basically gets a lifeline.

Have also seen his name thrown around in the Colorado search.

DickBumpastache

There is a 100% reality that the Tech admin will never allow Leach to return.

While you're likely right...I think Tech could take 1 look at the Tennessee situation last year and reconsider their hardline stance (if they still in fact feel that way). It'd be extremely difficult for TTU to find a better coach than Leach.

If the fans/boosters want him and he's interested, I think it would be a huge mistake to ignore that because the board is mad about the way things ended a decade ago.

Also I'm reading the A-J story...Jim Leavitt?!?!? That would absolutely lead to a Schiano/Tennessee situation. LOL.

flyfishingfrog

This. Wasn’t his seat “hot” the last couple years? I’m thinking if there’s any interest in him from Lubbock, he basically gets a lifeline.

Have also seen his name thrown around in the Colorado search.
Holgo has never really fit at WVU

For years he wouldn’t wear WVU gear or colors
He didn’t own a house there for a long time - like years even when he had a contract
The admins always kept him off balance with veiled threats about performance
He was left out of most of the major decisions about facilities supposedly

Frankly I think if anyone even equivalent of WVU had come looking, he would have left

Although this year seems to have been one of his better ones with the fans and the administration so who knows

Purp

I like Leach being floated out for 2 reasons.

1) If he actually came back to the B12 I'd love it.
2) Since it isn't likely to happen it at least reignites the warring factions within the Tech power structure that got them into this decade long morass.

Here's to another decade of mediocrity and confusion for Tech. I'd like to float Craig James as a candidate for the job against Leach.

froginaustin

Holgo has never really fit at WVU

For years he wouldn’t wear WVU gear or colors
He didn’t own a house there for a long time - like years even when he had a contract
The admins always kept him off balance with veiled threats about performance
He was left out of most of the major decisions about facilities supposedly

Frankly I think if anyone even equivalent of WVU had come looking, he would have left

Although this year seems to have been one of his better ones with the fans and the administration so who knows

This. ^^^

What can TTech afford? Rumors had it that Kliff lasted as long as he did because TTech couldn't afford, or otherwise wouldn't pay, his buyout until another year rolled off his contract.

Does TTech have big-dollar football supporters like every other B12 program located in Texas or Oklahoma does? I honestly don't know.

And then there was the whole firing of Coach Leach, timed to avoid paying him a sizable but not extraordinary retention bonus, that a smart coach (or even a relatively dumb agent) might worry about.

TCUdirtbag

Does TTech have big-dollar football supporters like every other B12 program located in Texas or Oklahoma does? I honestly don't know.

Yeah. They have a new/young generation of big-dollar donors (new oil money) willing to sink a lot of money into the program. Something pretty enviable for a lot of programs whose donors are all pretty old.