• The KillerFrogs

TCU vs. Siena Game Thread (FW Regional Game 2)

Pharm Frog

For me, work the pitcher mode goes away when the pitcher proves he's gonna get ahead in the count and force you to hit "his" pitches whether he comes from the bullpen or not.  For me, the elements of plate discipline is completely situational.

TxFrog1999

The Man Behind The Curtain
Last night Siena had a lot of things going their way, from solid pitching to fantastic fielding, with a little bit of luck added for good measure. Basically, it was exactly the type of perfect storm they needed to win. But they didn't.  :biggrin:

ShivasFrog

masterfrog said:
I would take 9 more games in a row just like that one as long as they end in a victory.
Yep. The #5 national seed (FlaState) is down 3 to Bama in the 6th after getting pummeled by GaSouthern last night. Any win is a good win.

TCURiggs

ShivasFrog said:
Yep. The #5 national seed (FlaState) is down 3 to Bama in the 6th after getting pummeled by GaSouthern last night. Any win is a good win.

FSU has giant ceiling fans in the stands... great idea

masterfrog

TCURiggs said:

FSU has giant ceiling fans in the stands... great idea

I have been to AAA games in Las Vegas and they have the ceiling fans with misters attached.  You get the little drops of cool water without getting wet.  It works well in the heat.

TCURiggs

masterfrog said:

I have been to AAA games in Las Vegas and they have the ceiling fans with misters attached.  You get the little drops of cool water without getting wet.  It works well in the heat.

That'd be great. I don't know if you just can't see it in this photo, or if they've added quite a few, but there were a lot of fans in the TV crowd shot a few minutes ago:

6_944835.jpg

SnoSki

PO Frog said:
I keep seeing people say this, but that guy last night was consistently 88-92 with a pretty solid breaking ball. I also think it's crazy that much of our fan base looks at the radar gun and uses that to make the determination on how many runs we should score. It doesn't work that way. Ask Preston Morrison.
My comment was meant more to the reliever from inning 8-11. Their starter was solid.

SnoSki

TxFrog1999 said:
Last night Siena had a lot of things going their way, from solid pitching to fantastic fielding, with a little bit of luck added for good measure. Basically, it was exactly the type of perfect storm they needed to win. But they didn't.  :biggrin:
To be fair they did have 3 errors but we didn't score from any I don't think.

cdsfrog

PO Frog said:
I keep seeing people say this, but that guy last night was consistently 88-92 with a pretty solid breaking ball. I also think it's crazy that much of our fan base looks at the radar gun and uses that to make the determination on how many runs we should score. It doesn't work that way. Ask Preston Morrison.
Look at his Era for the season against atrocious opponents. Also it was consistently 88 or lower, 90% of pitches with little movement. Siena pitcher tougher about 88 maybe 5 times. Great off speed though

PO Frog

cdsfrog said:
Look at his Era for the season against atrocious opponents. Also it was consistently 88 or lower, 90% of pitches with little movement. Siena pitcher tougher about 88 maybe 5 times. Great off speed though
Don't know what game you were watching, but to claim 90% of his pitches had little movement is insane. And he was 90 or 91 with fastballs almost exclusively until about the fifth, then was 88 or 89. Not that I think it matters much, but a good lefty with and inconsistent zone is a lot harder to hit than what you're making it out to be. I don't care what his ERA was, he has good stuff. For all I know, he had a rough start when they were 0-17 and he ruined his stats. Doesn't matter, he was solid, and I'd put him as a fairly good draft pick.

cdsfrog

90 % were under 89. I was at the game watching the gun all game. Maybe different on espn. Plenty of movement on offspeed
Either way he wasn't amazing and they are not good. 4 errors and 3 passed balls. Getting annihilated 5 - 1st inning against DBU.

He pitched well but get hit hard 11-12 times last night. He is good but let's not pretend he is amazing, we just hit bad it happens