• The KillerFrogs

TCU vs Sam Houston Saturday Night Game Thread

mc1502

Deep Purple said:
Force-Play-Slide Rule
SECTION 4. The intent of the force-play-slide rule is to ensure the safety of all players. This is a safety and an interference rule. Whether the defense could have completed the double play has no bearing on the applicability of this rule. This rule pertains to a force-play situation at any base, regardless of the number of outs.

a. On any force play, the runner must slide on the ground before the base and in a direct line between the two bases. It is permissible for the slider’s momentum to carry him through the base in the baseline extended (see diagram).
Exception—A runner need not slide directly into a base as long as the runner slides or runs in a direction away from the fielder to avoid making contact or altering the play of the fielder. Interference shall not be called.
(1) “On the ground” means either a head-first slide or a slide with one leg and buttock on the ground before the base.
(2) “Directly into a base” means the runner’s entire body (feet, legs, trunk and arms) must stay in a straight line between the bases.

b. Contact with a fielder is legal and interference shall not be called if the runner makes a legal slide directly to the base and in the baseline extended (see diagram).

c. Actions by a runner are illegal and interference shall be called if:
(1) The runner slides or runs out of the base line in the direction of the fielder and alters the play of a fielder (with or without contact);
(2) The runner uses a rolling or cross-body slide and either makes contact with or alters the play of a fielder;
(3) The runner’s raised leg makes contact higher than the fielder’s knee when in a standing position;
(4) The runner slashes or kicks the fielder with either leg; or
(5) The runner illegally slides toward or contacts the fielder even if the fielder makes no attempt to throw to complete a play.

SoupyDeterminedIbex.gif
Looking at this, that dude had nothing in mind other than breaking up the throw.   He doesn't even start his slide until he's on the bag.    The correct call was made.

jack the frog

PhormerPhrog said:
Haha...I was kidding. Didn't think anyone would take me seriously. I was there watching with J-Sauce, SnowSki, Spike and Satis. Unreal. I was ready to give Sam major props but after the way their coach and a few players acted they aren't deserving of any.

Yea, anyone would have been upset but a couple of these guys are bonkers. A fan talking violence at bearkatnation while another posting the umps business and contact info. Couple of internet bad ass gomers.

Hemingway

From Katfans.com
GovKat10

That 2nd base umpire sure earned his purple paycheck tonight. Unbelievable. That s.o.b. single handedly beat us. He screwed us over not once, but TWICE on [ deposit from a bull that looks like Art Briles ] calls. Judgement calls at that...and the dumbass didn't even get them right! The outcome of a game should never be decided by a judgement call.

scheiss TCU and their piece of [ Finebaum ] umpires.

http://www.katfans.com/katsforum/showthread.php?17182-KATS-vs-TCU/page21

:)

Pharm Frog

Hemingway said:
From Katfans.com
GovKat10

That 2nd base umpire sure earned his purple paycheck tonight. Unbelievable. That s.o.b. single handedly beat us. He screwed us over not once, but TWICE on bull$hit calls. Judgement calls at that...and the dumba$$ didn't even get them right! The outcome of a game should never be decided by a judgement call.

F*ck TCU and their piece of [Craig James] umpires.

http://www.katfans.com/katsforum/showthread.php?17182-KATS-vs-TCU/page21

:)

Only thing surprising about this is that they actually have a fan board.  I was wondering if they did and had decided that it wasn't likely.

froginaustin

Pharm Frog said:

Only thing surprising about this is that they actually have a fan board.  I was wondering if they did and had decided that it wasn't likely.

that has now posted links to the umpire's business website and his linked in account--  a computer refurb - retail business near Birmingham, Alabama.  I wonder if the posters on katfans know where Alabama is.  Dumbasses.

Hemingway

Pharm Frog said:

The gist of the SH fans on there is that SH tried to stay classy and congratulate TCU but the TCU fans are such arrogant [ "illegitimate Baylor boys" ] that they just chanted TCU and brushed them aside. We're new money white trash essentially.

JugbandFrog

Hemingway said:
The gist of the SH fans on there is that SH tried to stay classy and congratulate TCU but the TCU fans are such arrogant [ "illegitimate Baylor boys" ] that they just chanted TCU and brushed them aside. We're new money white trash essentially.
New money? Um, we are definitely old money white trash thank you very much!

mc1502

Hemingway said:
Quote from the SH board, "Those rich [ "illegitimate Baylor boys" ] paid off the Umpire".

SnoSki

Hemingway said:
There were maybe 5-6 drunk fratties last night who went and tried to start stuff with players families. A large majority of us walked on by.

In fairness I doubt there is a sports fan base in the world that could stomach losing that game in that way. A few vocal knuckleheads on a fan forum don't bother me. Publishing the official's personal information is bush league for sure, however.

It's time to whip Siena!!

Edit: Or SHSU if it come to that but I hope not for a variety of reasons

Hemingway said:
Gee, chanting TCU is such poor sportsmanship.

I feel sorry for the Bearkat players having to be coached dirty by such a POS coach.  I've never seen anyone deliberately stick their elbow in to try to get hit.  Dirty garbage.  I assume the coach told him to do it.

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
Frognosticator said:
Gee, chanting TCU is such poor sportsmanship.

I feel sorry for the Bearkat players having to be coached dirty by such a POS coach.  I've never seen anyone deliberately stick their elbow in to try to get hit.  Dirty garbage.  I assume the coach told him to do it.
Leaning in to get hit while making it look like you are turning away is an art form and taught,