• The KillerFrogs

TCU vs Sam Houston Saturday Night Game Thread

Moose Stuff

Pharm Frog said:

No but that is what I was thinking about listening to them and I only got on their feed when apparently we were singing our fight song.  Got to be some great audio morsels that happened before that too

Those Plano East guys were an all time classic.

jack the frog

ftwfrog

Just showed the double play call on sportscenter. No argument, he clobbered jones. Good lord.

How are you guys hearing SHSU announcers were they on the espn3 feed?

LezzGetFroggy

Hands down best ball game I have been a part of. I understand the SHSU players and coaches did not like either of the interference calls but that last one was about at blatant as can be. This is not the big leagues. You cannot slide 2-3 feet inside the bag and with your spikes up and not expect to be called on it. The kid and the coach (es) showed their tails and they lost their momentum and it ultimately cost 'em the game. I'll have my green and gold on tomorrow at 2:30.

tcumaniac

Just watched all of that a wedding reception/ bars/ and the end at an IHOP. Unbelievable. Wowwww. By the end of that game I had the entire Kansas IHOP going crazy for the frogs. Will be back tomorrow for the 7pm game!

Get Your Frogs Up

Frog45 said:

giphy.gif
Hope some computer wizard can photoshop Kenny's uniform from green to purple.

masterfrog

MR. TCU (tcumaniac) said:
Just watched all of that a wedding reception/ bars/ and the end at an IHOP. Unbelievable. Wowwww. By the end of that game I had the entire Kansas IHOP going crazy for the frogs. Will be back tomorrow for the 7pm game!

I think all the TCU fans already knew that you don't schedule weddings on Saturdays during football season.  We have probably advanced enough as a baseball power to add regional weekends, super regional weekends and the College World Series to the list.

Deep Purple

Force-Play-Slide Rule
SECTION 4. The intent of the force-play-slide rule is to ensure the safety of all players. This is a safety and an interference rule. Whether the defense could have completed the double play has no bearing on the applicability of this rule. This rule pertains to a force-play situation at any base, regardless of the number of outs.

a. On any force play, the runner must slide on the ground before the base and in a direct line between the two bases. It is permissible for the slider’s momentum to carry him through the base in the baseline extended (see diagram).
Exception—A runner need not slide directly into a base as long as the runner slides or runs in a direction away from the fielder to avoid making contact or altering the play of the fielder. Interference shall not be called.
(1) “On the ground” means either a head-first slide or a slide with one leg and buttock on the ground before the base.
(2) “Directly into a base” means the runner’s entire body (feet, legs, trunk and arms) must stay in a straight line between the bases.

b. Contact with a fielder is legal and interference shall not be called if the runner makes a legal slide directly to the base and in the baseline extended (see diagram).

c. Actions by a runner are illegal and interference shall be called if:
(1) The runner slides or runs out of the base line in the direction of the fielder and alters the play of a fielder (with or without contact);
(2) The runner uses a rolling or cross-body slide and either makes contact with or alters the play of a fielder;
(3) The runner’s raised leg makes contact higher than the fielder’s knee when in a standing position;
(4) The runner slashes or kicks the fielder with either leg; or
(5) The runner illegally slides toward or contacts the fielder even if the fielder makes no attempt to throw to complete a play.

SoupyDeterminedIbex.gif

PO Frog

PhormerPhrog said:
What happened? Someone give me a summary of the game?
22 innings of good pitching, bad hitting, and untimely pop up fails by the frogs, plus two dirty late slides at second by SHSU that cost them the game after we tried giving it to them by spotting them 2 runs with our fielding. Did I mention the 79 strikeouts by both teams?

Wag the Frog

PhormerPhrog said:
What happened? Someone give me a summary of the game?
Longest game ever
SHSU wins the game in the B22 and then pulls an Aviante Collins to give us new life.
Boomer is clutch (again). #boomstick
Fans go crazy, RF pulls a Mariano Rivera
Game, Blouses.

OldSchoolFrog

Get Your Frogs Up said:
You should have been there when Riley stormed out of the pen. Place went nuts.

That was amazing.  Crowd came alive in the last two innings.  And I love our new cheer when the opposing pitcher throws a ball. 

Wooooooo!!!!   

Latest posts