• The KillerFrogs

TCU vs Sam Houston Saturday Night Game Thread

froginmn

Ron Swanson said:
Yeah, pretty embarrassing post by Frognosticator. Almost the equivalent of my girlfriend asking me how many points a home run is worth
Love it.

Baseball and softball have many rules that can be difficult to understand. I was coaching a game yesterday where a girl swung at an inside pitch that hit her. Doesn't matter that she swung and missed; if it was out of the strike zone and hit her she's awarded first. A runner hit by a batted ball after it has passed the infielders (if they're playing in, as is common in softball) is NOT out.

Wag or whoever was giving someone grief about knowing the rules. My knowledge of the rules has helped our team avoid outs, score runs, and win games.

There are some crazy rules and situations.

But, one point for the batter and one point for every runner on base :)

Purp

TX_Krötenechse said:
Two interference calls and a well-placed tarp all could've swing the game to SHSU.
And 2 bloopers that should have been caught and a line drive that Odell dropped allowed this statement to be true. We played with fire in a nuclear power plant.

Double D

Tier 1
Froglaw drove. He was fading and we had a 45 minute drive home. I wanted to stay but he made the call so we bailed.

Get Your Frogs Up said:
You should have been there when Riley stormed out of the pen. Place went nuts.

Tom Brown

I guy in our section kept yelling about "Cheyenne" to shsu's #8 after the first interference. Can anyone explain the reference?

"Cheyenne was great"
"Cheyenne!"
"Cheyenne says hi!"

I'm thinking ex-gf heckle

masterfrog

Double D said:
Froglaw drove. He was fading and we had a 45 minute drive home. I wanted to stay but he made the call so we bailed.

You should have been able to make it a few more hours because these lawyers don't have to be back in their coffins until sunrise.

Hunt Together

Tom Brown said:
I guy in our section kept yelling about "Cheyenne" to shsu's #8 after the first interference. Can anyone explain the reference?

"Cheyenne was great"
"Cheyenne!"
"Cheyenne says hi!"

I'm thinking ex-gf heckle
Stripper name, IMO*

Purp

jack the weed said:

Hate to throw a shaggy link on our game thread but they break down the cut and dried interference call pretty good.

http://www.shaggybevo.com/board/showthread.php/146308-Friday-Non-Rice-Regional-Regional-Thread/page12
Thanks for sharing that. I felt bad for Sam bc of that call. After reading that last page of the non-houston thread I don't feel bad. One poster there did an excellent job of articulating the relevant nuances of the applicable rule and illustrating it with video replay evidence. I don't like the rule, but the ump did not miss that call. It's not even close.

FrogsMcGee

I'm trying to find out about super regional dates, IF we are so fortunate as to advance.  I know half are Fri-Sun and half Sat-Mon, but does anyone know if they are already pre-slotted or is it TV determined once the super field is set?

Same for Omaha.  Half of the teams start on Sat, half on Sun.  Is it already pre-slotted that we map to one vs the other, IF we are so fortunate as to advance?

satis1103

DAOTONPYH EHT LIAH LLA
There's a poster named "Cooder" who keeps toeing the SHSU company line in that shaggy thread. Can't help but wonder if that was our SHSU announcer friend.

pgdaly84

Just woke up. Did all that really happen? We will be talking about that game for the rest of our lives. Really makes me think that something special is possible with this team. I don't recall Brian Howard pitching this year, but he was phenomenal, as was Teakell.

BTW, the unsung hero of this game is Kyle Freaking Bacak. That was the most amazing display of catching I've ever seen. I couldn't even squat like that for two innings, much less 22. Unbelievable job Kyle!