• The KillerFrogs

TCU vs DBU

Houston Frog

If we only give up 5 runs and lose, I don't want to see anybody blame Frey.

Not being able to score more than 5 runs against Dallas Baptist would be the reason, not Frey's 1 1/3 innings or whatever it was.

DBU isn't a terrible program, and we were facing their ace to boot. Not scoring 5 runs against them wouldn't have been anything to hang our heads over

cdsfrog

Witte leads the in sac bunts. didnt know interesting

strikeout to end inning

7-7....

bottom of the 8th we go. What a crazy game

illini_frog

hooray-zoidberg.jpg

cdsfrog

1,2,3 inning by Starratt. 3rd time tonight

Line so far, 6 1/3rd, couple hits, 1 walk, 7 ks, 2 runs

wow, what a lifesaver for our bullpen

Pharm Frog

we bunted nearly every time including down by 2 or 1 runs with runners and 1st or 2nd. 10 times we bunted with 2 strikes (got about 1 of them)

We bunt about 80% less and I agree that is not the ideal case to bunt. Fact is we haven't done it as much which has been a positive thing. Not the same strategy but we have had multiple times where coach would elect to bunt but has now decided not to.

10-7 vs 19-4

My earlier point was made only to demonstrate that to not bunt with Witte in that situation (runners at first and second with no outs, a speed merchant at first-base, down by two runs, your 2-hole hitter at the plate who leads the team in sacrifice bunts, and hot hitters coming up) was way, way, way out of character for CJS. If ever there was a textbook bunting situation, that was it.

cdsfrog

My earlier point was made only to demonstrate that to not bunt with Witte in that situation (runners at first and second with no outs, a speed merchant at first-base, down by two runs, your 2-hole hitter at the plate who leads the team in sacrifice bunts, and hot hitters coming up) was way, way, way out of character for CJS. If ever there was a textbook bunting situation, that was it.

oh ok I'm stupid I thought you were saying it was a bad time to bunt. I was doing the math and was so confused. My apologies. Thought that was the case

Tbird is out