• The KillerFrogs

TCU vs DBU

Pharm Frog

Hey... I know that the letters DBU don't exactly strike fear in the hearts of the modern college baseball fan, but this program has been solid for a long time (and sometimes more than just solid). According to their website, they posted a record of 166-112 during their first five years of D1 baseball and in 2008 they earned at-large birth to the NCAA regionals and entered as a #2 seed in College Station. I can remember DBU going down to Austin (usually early in the season) and smacking the Longhorns around for two out of three games. I'm not gonna claim that DBU should be considered among the Arizona State's, Oklahoma State's, Stanford's, UT's, etc of collegiate baseball, but they are not a bad program regardless of what they're RPI says. They also have the luxury of concentrating virtually all of their athletic energy and resources toward baseball. While I don't think we should lose two out of two to those guys, they aren't Ned and The First Reader either. For one or two games, they can play with just about anybody and they prove it year-after-year. Ask OU, OSU, and Rice this year....and I'm sure that the Horns weren't too comfortable with a 3-1 win in Austin.

leofrog

Too much baseball to be played yet to rule TCU out of hosting a regional. TCU is ranked to high right now not to host. TCU still needs to finish strong but to re them out of hosting is overreactionary.
Exactly. We still have 5 games against RPI top 50 teams.

We just need Mitchell to bring it tomorrow. I think last week got him back in a rhythm.

Lol nice non-response. It's ok you have been wrong all day insulting me constantly. Even with TCU losing your crazy remarks can't bother me. Happy to see the emergence of Starratt. Needs to watch the hanging pitches though.

Shocked that you haven't been banned yet. Oh well I can dream.

My goodness, it didn't take long for Mr. Crybaby's true colors to come out. One loss and BOOM, out come the tissues!

Just a few hours ago, everything was fine. Now Chicken Little is screaming that the sky is falling.

Doesn't surprise me at all. Every team has fans like you. Good thing our players and coaches don't have you to "support" them.

Wuss.

cdsfrog

My goodness, it didn't take long for Mr. Crybaby's true colors to come out. One loss and BOOM, out come the tissues!

Just a few hours ago, everything was fine. Now Chicken Little is screaming that the sky is falling.

Doesn't surprise me at all. Every team has fans like you. Good thing our players and coaches don't have you to "support" them.

Wuss.

Listen I am sick of your judgmental crap. Your responses are idiotic, do not merit any truth what so ever and you are by far the most annoying poster I have ever seen.

I said I was pissed but happy to see them fight. They would be a lock for #2 and have to fight very hard to get a #1 seed. Too much baseball means almost nothing when our average opponent is ranked really low and we just lost to a low ranked RPI wise team. I am ecstatic with the resilience of this team, and couldn't care less what you think. What a dbag. You literally must be the dumbest poster on this board.

Ton of great posters on this board, sucks they have ones like you that ruin it for others.

Good thing I don't have to deal with you often. Please crawl into a hole somewhere, thanks

cdsfrog

Exactly. We still have 5 games against RPI top 50 teams.

We just need Mitchell to bring it tomorrow. I think last week got him back in a rhythm.

one thing I think people confuse with baseball is that rankings matter. They mean nothing for regionals selection. RPI wise, however Leo you make a good point. If all 5 games are won that remain along with the rest of the less important save 1 we would be a lock for a #1 seed. Win 4 of 5 and all but 1 or 2 of the others and still a great chance. You at least can read unlike frognisticator

agree on Mitchell, And he should pitch really well against OU. Never seen TCU play OU in baseball before, really excited. I think some people ( including frogniscator's perception of me) are looking at this wrong.

The outcome was negative and frankly it was sucky. However, we saw the emergence of starratt, great defensive play, and offense that didn't give up including some home runs. The loss make it's harder to get a regionals, surely every loss would. But I wouldnt compare to a loss early in the season, it was totally different. I am still definitely pumped about TCU baseball

NativeFrog

Stupid for the Frogs to be playing in Dallas on a Monday night after a three-game series and before a Tuesday game with Oklahoma. Poor scheduling by Schloss.

cdsfrog

Stupid for the Frogs to be playing in Dallas on a Monday night after a three-game series and before a Tuesday game with Oklahoma. Poor scheduling by Schloss.

Does it for recruiting purposes and had purke not been hurt, it wouldnt have been as big an issue. I don't love 8 games in 10 days, but 50 others teams do it, not a big deal.

cdsfrog

Too bad it didn't get rained out.

:tongue: .

A lot of positive things came out of it. Walk home run just is so,,,,,,,,annoying. Oh well, as pharmfrog said over the long-haul they have been a decent team and beat a lot of good teams. Doesn't make it much less annoying though. Would have love to have won it, but I would take an OU win over that any day of the week. Hope we spank OU tomorrow.

PurpleBlood87

Shouldn't expect to win that game from what I heard on the radio. It seemed that we were outplayed (just barely but that's enough). We left 7 runners on base. They left 5 runners on base. If you would have told me that we would have fallen behind 5-1 in the 2nd inning and that Featherston and Coats would combine for 0-8 with two twin killings, I would have been surprised to have taken the game to the bottom of the 9th. That's baseball.....it soudned like they played better and won. Also, sounded like a valiant efffort from Starratt and a clutch at bat from Rivera.
Was at the game and TCU really battled to get back into the game. Sure didn't think DBU played better. Featherston and Coats had tough night's. Featherston's double plays were killers. Also was surprised that Witte didn't get called on to sacrifice with runners on first and second and none out. To Featherston's credit he get the ball in the air to right for a sacrifice fly. Starratt pitched well. But giving up a run in the fifth and seventh after scoring a run in the top of the inning really hurt. I know that is a pet peeve of CJS and mine too.

Young and Horned

Yeah. I do not see how people continue to under appreciate DBU. They have a good program that plays solid baseball year in and year out. They are going to take some games from great teams. They can especially afford to while not being in a conference. Sucks that Purke was unavailable this weekend. If he was, Miller would have started and we would have likely had a better outing from our starter. But this is game is done. Time to go get one from OU. Let's go Froggies!

steelfrog

Tier 1
Listen I am sick on your judgmental crap. Your responses are idiotic, merit any truth what so far and are by far the most annoying poster I have ever seen.

I said I was pissed but happy to see them fight. They would be a lock for #2 and have to fight very hard to get a #1 seed. Too much baseball means almost nothing when our average opponent is really low and we just lost to a low ranked RPI wise team. I am ecstatic with the resilience of this team, and couldn't care less what you think. What a dbag. You literally must be the dumbest poster on this board.

Ton of great posters on this board, sucks they have ones like you that ruin it for others.

Good thing I don't have to deal with you often. Please crawl into a hole somewhere, thanks
This is an example of Right Thinking. Steel commends you Sir!

steelfrog

Tier 1
The psychology of this person who has long been the scourge of this Board is as simple as his brain: He is fat gross stupid and disgusting, and to his credit he is at least smart enough to realize that. So, what does he do? He dumps on everyone and everything around him because if he can drag everyone and everything down into the gutter with him it makes him feel slightly better about his miserable existence. He should immediately be banned from this Board, if not sooner. And, if it can be arranged, it would save everyone around him--including especially his immediate family--if he could be put to a quiet, and yet painful and messy, death. Steel would be more than happy to assist with this chore.

The psychology of this person who has long been the scourge of this Board is as simple as his brain: He is fat gross stupid and disgusting, and to his credit he is at least smart enough to realize that. So, what does he do? He dumps on everyone and everything around him because if he can drag everyone and everything down into the gutter with him it makes him feel slightly better about his miserable existence. He should immediately be banned from this Board, if not sooner. And, if it can be arranged, it would save everyone around him--including especially his immediate family--if he could be put to a quiet, and yet painful and messy, death. Steel would be more than happy to assist with this chore.

How quite ironic. Mr. I-love-to-talk-about-excrement thinks I should be banned? Mr. I-hate-Mormons-because-Frognosticator-nailed-my-Mormon-girlfriend-in-college thinks I should be banned?

You sir, have been the scourge of this board for a decade, not me.

Listen I am sick of your judgmental crap. Your responses are idiotic, do not merit any truth what so ever and you are by far the most annoying poster I have ever seen.

I said I was pissed but happy to see them fight. They would be a lock for #2 and have to fight very hard to get a #1 seed. Too much baseball means almost nothing when our average opponent is ranked really low and we just lost to a low ranked RPI wise team. I am ecstatic with the resilience of this team, and couldn't care less what you think. What a dbag. You literally must be the dumbest poster on this board.

Dude, stupid is crying after one game. I told you the last time that things will turn around. They did. You admitted this just yesterday. Then we go and lose and you immediately crap on this team. Well, I'm not just going to sit here and let you crap on this great team, full of hard-working guys who bring it everyday, just because you can't handle a little adversity.

How dare you suggest that I'm somehow judgmental, when its you who constantly berates our team, the coach, etc. You're opinion of this team changes everyday. Luckily, there are people like me who realize this is a 50 some odd game season, not a one game season.

You are the one ruining the board, not me.

Big Frog II

Yeah. I do not see how people continue to under appreciate DBU. They have a good program that plays solid baseball year in and year out. They are going to take some games from great teams. They can especially afford to while not being in a conference. Sucks that Purke was unavailable this weekend. If he was, Miller would have started and we would have likely had a better outing from our starter. But this is game is done. Time to go get one from OU. Let's go Froggies!
You've hit the nail on the head with DBU. Not being in a conference allows them to most likely pitch their best pitchers on weekday games while TCU and others are savings ours for the conference games.