• The KillerFrogs

TCU vs. Baylor now 'officially' known as "The Bluebonnet Battle"

Hoosierfrog

Tier 1
I think we've arrived; this must be the bottom.

I legit can't remember the last time I was unable to see a TCU conference game on TV, even up here in Minnesota. I was actually amazed at how many games I could get even back in the CUSA/MWC days.

I think I need to apologize to all of the Frogdom; I had a very busy fall and was unable to watch most TCU games for the first time in a long time. Between tailgating for Minnesota games, a wedding of a couple of my wife's clients, a couple trips to Madison to see my daughter and a flight to see my brother for the first time in four years I missed a lot of Frog games and brought this curse on the team. Now I'm apparently being punished because I have a free weekend for the first time in a long time, and no broadcast to watch.

Maybe it's for the best...
Must be a a Minnesota thing. I get every game here in Mississippi of the Midwest…

HToady

Whoever came up with Kolache Cup, that's pretty good. Make a trophy with a big golden brown and delicious kolache on top, and have all the inscriptions in incomprehensible Czech.
I would also support playing for a giant stuffed beaver, and calling it the Bucees bowl...

ShreveFrog

gun hd GIF

Chongo94

I think we've arrived; this must be the bottom.

I legit can't remember the last time I was unable to see a TCU conference game on TV, even up here in Minnesota. I was actually amazed at how many games I could get even back in the CUSA/MWC days.

I think I need to apologize to all of the Frogdom; I had a very busy fall and was unable to watch most TCU games for the first time in a long time. Between tailgating for Minnesota games, a wedding of a couple of my wife's clients, a couple trips to Madison to see my daughter and a flight to see my brother for the first time in four years I missed a lot of Frog games and brought this curse on the team. Now I'm apparently being punished because I have a free weekend for the first time in a long time, and no broadcast to watch.

Maybe it's for the best...
You didn’t miss much…

bmoney214

OUCH!!!
View attachment 15181
The Bluebonnet Battle trophy is a circular battle shield, hand-forged in steel by Baylor alumnus Bryant Stanton of Stanton Studios in Waco, Texas. Additional facts:

The face of the shield features:
  • The logos of both universities;
  • An outline of the State of Texas adorned with Bluebonnets on either side and boldly displaying the rivalry’s official name; and
  • The year 1899, when Baylor and TCU first met on the gridiron.
The trophy is two-and-a-half feet wide and rests in a mesquite wooden base, embellished with the lone star of Texas.
Of course something that ugly would be made by a baylor alumni.

HToady

I'm already done with this rivalry. You would think if this was something that mattered to both parties, Baylor would have at least brought their band the 75 miles to Fort Worth.
I'm ready to get Tech on the phone....lets play for the saddle....

jack the frog

Or, the game could simply be called, THE BRISKET, and the trophy, a partially sliced slab of brisket carved from wood one would use to smoke a brisket; maybe poke a big cast iron fork in it too. The victor gets The Brisket, and is treated to a meal of brisket either in the locker room or an established barbecue in Fort Worth, Waco or somewhere in-between. It is not The Best Little Whorehouse in Texas, but it is Texas barbecue.

Texas barbecue is about beef brisket, so there it is - the game name, trophy and a postgame celebratory barbecue. A Texas rivalry should have already established THE BRISKET and maybe now will! I think this would be great for the close proximity I-35 TCU/Baylor rivals or could have been TCU/Texas rivalry, but now, maybe TCU/Houston?

View attachment 15198
Loser gets Lincoln Riley’s brisket.

1700403116184.jpeg